The WRs suck, if you don't believe it...just listen to Lake.

Michael K.

The WRs suck, if you don't believe it...just listen to Lake.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:36 pm

I hate this shit. Zero accountability for this....
Because, since John Ross posted 81 catches for 1,150 yards and 17 touchdowns in 2016, UW’s wide receivers have failed to reach 1,000 receiving yards or 10 touchdowns in the four seasons since. Over that same period, FBS wideouts have hit the 1,000-yard plateau 122 times, while eclipsing 10 touchdowns 95 times. And in the Pac-12, specifically, there have been 12 1,000-yard receiving seasons and seven 10-touchdown campaigns.

Which is even more frustrating when you consider Washington’s simultaneous recruiting success. Since 2017, UW has signed nine four-star wide receivers — tied with Oregon for the Pac-12 lead. And of those nine, five eventually transferred — Ty Jones, Marquis Spiker, Austin Osborne, Trey Lowe and Puka Nacua. It’s a position that has undeniably underperformed.
Why has NO ONE asked why they leave or can't perform? And, it gets better.'

“I believe our receivers over the years have held us back from us winning those New Year’s Six games we’ve been in,” Lake said in an interview on KJR 950 AM during Pac-12 media days. “It doesn’t just fall on that position group (alone), but that position group needs to be better.”

Yep, his Base Nickel defense allowed on Bama back to torch us, Browning threw a HORIBLE pick and we lose that one, and the Ohio State SHREDS our secondary, with Dwayne Fucking Haskins, and we give up 28 points, Bacellia had 109 yards receiving, Fuller had 80 and Browning threw for 313. But it was our receivers that cost us.

Again, this fucker loves him some him. When they win? Oh man, look at what my system does. When they lose? The kids need to do better. Stanford pushes us all over the field because we are playing five and six DBs? Fucking kids need to be tougher. NO, you fucktard, you need to take two DBs off the field and find some big boys!

The more I think, the more done with this dude I am. HE should be telling everyone that will listen that his staff will do better, that this is on them. Nope, we were missing some WRs and the Line couldn't get a push against a nine man box. Couldn't possibly be the worst staff in the Pac 12 got whooped, right?

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... subscriber

The WRs should wear blinders all right, but it's so they don't have to watch the fucking grown ass men in their lives point the finger at them. I wonder how long before our O Lineman start transferring out too. Go find someone else that can block a nine man front because you started a JV Qb with a pop gun arm. If I played Wide Out or O Line for this team? I would be FURIOUS reading the bullshit in the press. Someone in the football department was all over facebook posting pictures and shit before the game and after the first and second quarter. You should read some of the fan comments. The bullshit "reporters" around here might be fooled, but the fans aren't. Jimmy and his "staff" are under fire, and if Jen doesn't see it? Then she needs to be on the hot seat too!

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: The WRs suck, if you don't believe it...just listen to Lake.

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:43 pm

The WRs should wear blinders all right, but it's so they don't have to watch the fucking grown ass men in their lives point the finger at them. I wonder how long before our O Lineman start transferring out too. Go find someone else that can block a nine man front because you started a JV Qb with a pop gun arm. If I played Wide Out or O Line for this team? I would be FURIOUS reading the bullshit in the press. Someone in the football department was all over facebook posting pictures and shit before the game and after the first and second quarter. You should read some of the fan comments. The bullshit "reporters" around here might be fooled, but the fans aren't. Jimmy and his "staff" are under fire, and if Jen doesn't see it? Then she needs to be on the hot seat too!
Amen.

Now, you really need a drink....and chill.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:24 am

Sorry, this is the part of college football I hate the most. Lake makes millions of dollars off these kids, sucks at his job, and blames them for it?

Hasslecracked

Post by Hasslecracked » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:39 am

Jimmy Lake should be fired but, ironically, will stay employed due to the color of his skin instead of his abilities.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:23 am

Hasslecracked wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:39 am
Jimmy Lake should be fired but, ironically, will stay employed due to the color of his skin instead of his abilities.
I hope not. Jimmy Lake is the absolute worst kind of coach. The one who wants you to look at him when they win, and look at the kids when they lose. He should never be employed in the industry again, and I am not kidding even a little.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:42 am

Hasslecracked wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:39 am
Holy shit!!!! You said it.

Good for you.