UW Football Game 3, verses The Red Wolves and overflowing transfer portal

Walla Walla Dawg II

UW Football Game 3, verses The Red Wolves and overflowing transfer portal

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:38 pm

Wow, how do you top this year for UW Football?

You insert a transfer portal that is about to overflow with UW players. Granted, I don't know if there are only certain times you can enter the portal, but it's about to get USED!!

Who is going to enter? Well get to that soon.

UW vs The Red Wolves;
The Red Wolves had a come from behind defeat that was pretty good against Memphis. They put up 50 points on the Tigers (20 of which were in the 4th quarter). Has their freshman quarterback coming into his own, or is Memphis just that bad?

I worry for my Dawgs in this game, but with our secondary (which hasn't been tested this year) I have hope we will win. The one guarantee with Lake is that we hold strong against the pass.

Will our offence find itself;
I don't think so.
I think by halftime Morris will be pulled and Huard will be put in.....thus forcing Morris to the portal
Others to follow Morris (not because he is Morris), but all because of lack of play will be:
Sean McGrew
Kamari Pleasant
Asa Turner or Cameron Williams

I honestly don't know if we will win or not. But if the Wolves depend on the pass, I think we will win in a close one.

I am getting depressed about the lack of offense, so I won't call the score but....

UW by 10.

Fungo

Re: UW Football Game 3, verses The Red Wolves and overflowing transfer portal

Post by Fungo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:12 am

I would expect Huard to enter the portal if we have another poor performance and yet no QB change. Will they continue to run despite teams keying on the run or will they open it up early with the pass? I think they will do the latter and win by a couple touchdowns. UW 30, AS 14

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:21 am

I am trying to figure out who I will be rooting for in this game. Worst case is we win 4-5 games this season and Lake gets another season. I can't see winning 7-8 games or going to a Bowl. Thinking the short term pain of a disastrous 2-3 wins season will be worth the long term gain?
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:59 pm

There is always hope. In 2016 The Cuogs lost to an FCS school (Eastern Washington) in their opener and then lost to Boise State in week two. They ended up finishing 8-4 and going to the Holliday Bowl.

Clearly there needs to be a change at QB. We should also get a boost when the missing receivers return. The defense showed some signs of good things against Michigan before they just plain got worn out from being on the field all day. Its going to take some improvement but If things roll right, I think we should be competitive against Cal, Oregon State, Arizona, ASU and WSU
Last edited by Captain 97 on Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:04 pm

Signs of good things? Michigan ran at will on them all day long and the dumbfuck coaches couldn't figure out a god-damned thing to slow it down. Can't wait for the game vs Stanford to see it all over again. Any opponent that uses a pass-heavy offense against UW is insane.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:22 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:04 pm
Signs of good things? Michigan ran at will on them all day long and the dumbfuck coaches couldn't figure out a god-damned thing to slow it down. Can't wait for the game vs Stanford to see it all over again. Any opponent that uses a pass-heavy offense against UW is insane.
Like I said a lot of that was late in the game when they were worn out. Other than the one big running play for the TD the defense actually played pretty well in the first half.

5 plays 12 yards and a punt on the first drive.
A stop to force a field goal when Michigan was working on a short field on the the second drive.
A turnover on downs on the 3rd drive.
Then there was the 70 yard TD run on the 4th drive.
Then they ended the half with two straight 3 and outs.

Michigan had 170 yards at half time so without that one big play they were right around 100 yards. That's good enough defense to win if the offense can score some points and chew some clock to keep you fresh so that you can maintain it for 4 quarters.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:48 pm

The D has been almost decent.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:00 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:48 pm
The D has been almost decent.
Almost. Obviously they need to improve as well but Ican definitely see the potential to be an above average defense.

For the offense you just have to pray that Lake decides to run with Huard and hope he jump starts things.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:16 pm

A team that was predicted to compete for a conference title might be above average on D (while still likely sucking on O).
Awesome!!!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:42 pm

No one is saying it's great news, but the defense can only do so much. That said, is anyone surprised that Jimmy's nickel and damn fuck LB and D Line defense can't stop the run?

The defections that hurt won't be Morris, McGrew and Pleasant....they were all the receivers prior. We definitely beat Montana with Jones and Nakua, and who knows about Michigan. At one point, despite a shitty ass offense and defense that can't stop the run? We were one stupid ass taunting penalty from being right in that game late.

Who can blame the WRs for not wanting to play in this offense? I sure as Hell can't. Jimmy is a dumb ass, and should have been shown the door by now.