UW Football Week 6; bye

Walla Walla Dawg II

UW Football Week 6; bye

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:45 pm

Well at least we won't have to be upset by any number of things this week.

So let's all root for the Beavers. If a team will make it to the playoff, I hope it's them.

Michael K.

Re: UW Football Week 6; bye

Post by Michael K. » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:34 pm

I have tickets to the UCLA game and the wife got a nice room downtown. Of course, we stink so we got a late kickoff. Not much time to enjoy much of anything. Not that downtown Seattle is very enjoyable anymore anyway!

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:04 am

So what is your guys prediction for final record. I see 2 pretty clear wins vs. Colorado and Arizona but the rest could be losses for 4-8 season. Does Lake get fired for that? Anyone even see a .500 record???
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:24 am

It is possible they beat the Cougs, but the Cougs looked pretty good it seems last week. Colorado will run it all over us, yet again, is my fear. I think it is 3 or 4 wins, depending on if they can beat either the Cougs or Colorado. But I think both teams will punch them right in the face.

The kids very well may have quit. This team has had zero energy since Browning and Gaskin were Seniors. They had a couple of very heartless losses that year, and it spilled into the next season with Eason at QB. No one seems to give a shit, including the coaching staff. But, I guess when you can be on of the worst at your job and keep it?

Kwiatkowski was the last good Coach we had, and he couldn't wait to get out of town. For a lateral position, just at a better school. This program is in deep shit.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:25 am

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:24 am
It is possible they beat the Cougs, but the Cougs looked pretty good it seems last week. Colorado will run it all over us, yet again, is my fear. I think it is 3 or 4 wins, depending on if they can beat either the Cougs or Colorado. But I think both teams will punch them right in the face.

The kids very well may have quit. This team has had zero energy since Browning and Gaskin were Seniors. They had a couple of very heartless losses that year, and it spilled into the next season with Eason at QB. No one seems to give a shit, including the coaching staff. But, I guess when you can be on of the worst at your job and keep it?

Kwiatkowski was the last good Coach we had, and he couldn't wait to get out of town. For a lateral position, just at a better school. This program is in deep shit.
Damn from going up 7-0 vs. Alabama in the Semis to this. Just unreal.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:26 pm

Jen doesn't have the stones to fire Lake, in my opinion. Even if they go 2-10 he'll get at least one more season to wreck the program.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:29 pm

Obviously the program is not where we want it to be but I don't think its nearly as dire as it looks. There is a lot of potential with this team they just seem to be struggling to find themselves and have an identity that they can thrive with. This whole conference is a disaster and any team can throw out a clunker any week. Maybe I am just a pie in the sky optimist when it comes to the Huskies, but I think we beat Arizona, Colorado and the Cuogs for sure. and I think we will win at least one more in an upset hopefully against the toilet seats and get bowl eligible.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:20 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:29 pm
Obviously the program is not where we want it to be but I don't think its nearly as dire as it looks. There is a lot of potential with this team they just seem to be struggling to find themselves and have an identity that they can thrive with. This whole conference is a disaster and any team can throw out a clunker any week. Maybe I am just a pie in the sky optimist when it comes to the Huskies, but I think we beat Arizona, Colorado and the Cuogs for sure. and I think we will win at least one more in an upset hopefully against the toilet seats and get bowl eligible.
The mass exodus of players isn't promising, and I have little faith in the staff. But I hope you are right!

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:58 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:29 pm
Unfortunately, their identity is "the school" that lost to a FCS school.

It's hard to rebound from that!! Every player knows that they are the school that lost to a FCS school (doesn't matter which school). Every player knows they are the school that got totally bitch slapped by Michigan. Every player knows they are the school that lost to the Beavers....and needed overtime to beat Cal.

This team is a train wreck, and the entire roster knows it.

But, I will root for them....I agree that we beat AZ, Col and WSU. Don't know where else we get another win, but stranger things have happened.

I am still astounded that everyone thought our Dawgs would be a 10+ win team. How wrong they were. :shock:

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:24 pm

That may not be as big of a deal as you think. Kids have short memories. In 2015 The Cuogs Lost to an FCS School and ended up winning 9 games. In 2016, they lost to another FCS school in week one and to a mountain west school in week 2 They went on and only lost 2 games in conference. If we wouldn't have beat them in the apple cup they would have been playing in the Rose Bowl.