UW Football Week 8; at UA

Michael K.

Re: UW Football Week 8; at UA

Post by Michael K. » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:12 pm

Yep, I am bored today. This is from after the Michigan game.
But there were also times Saturday when the calls were about as imaginative as a stick figure.

The most notable sequence came midway through the second quarter, when the Huskies had it on third-and-five from the Michigan 32. First, a run play up the middle in which the Wolverines stuffed Richard Newton. Then, on fourth-and-four, another run to Newton, which resulted in him being hammered behind the line of scrimmage before fumbling the football.

Maybe Donovan figured Michigan was thinking pass on both plays and that he could fool the defense. But it looked awful, and it ruined any chance of the Huskies pulling to within one score by halftime.
Honestly, of all the dumbshit I have seen over the years, that was close to the dumbest. It is almost as if he thought they got a first down!

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:37 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:03 pm
Morris deserves credit for his fourth quarter throws but his instability will still kill us against good teams. Arizona played stupid in the second half.
It's so funny how easy it is to catch the stupid things your team and coach do, but rarely is that the case with the other team. Not last night though. I was like, is Arizona TRYING to lose? Just imagine where the game goes if they don't call that unnecessary screen pass. They were running at will the entire drive and apparently they wanted to get Liquid Plummer some nicer stats.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:39 am

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:04 pm
They were down to one of the worst teams in D 1 due to the QB play. Hard for me to credit a guy for a comeback when he was the reason they had to come back. Comeback wins sound cool and all, but why do we reward guys that lead a team to a deficit by celebrating that they came back? Yipee, you only sucked for two and a half quarters....way to go! If they built a 21 to 0 lead and held on to win 21 to 17, the press acts like the world is ending, but flip that around and supposedly the team played well? Fuck that, Morris sucks, Lake sucks, Donovan REALLY sucks.

Morris is NOT a Pac 12 QB. Morris might not be a D 1 QB from what I have seen. The very fact that the coaches feel the need to point fingers EVERYWHERE else, to me...is telling. Either they know and are now afraid to admit it, or they are actually worse than even I think they are. Paint Dry Ty had very little talent. I am going to go out on a limb right now and say Ty Willingham would have beaten Montana and UCLA. Jimmy and his staff are THAT BAD.
YOU SAID THE NAME.
HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT NAME?
NEVER, NEVER SAY THAT NAME AGAIN!!

:x

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:16 am

Sorry bud, but I mean it. That is how bad Lake is. Ty would have taken this team and beaten Montana and UCLA. Nothing to write home about, but that is how bad Lake is.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:20 am

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:16 am
Sorry bud, but I mean it. That is how bad Lake is. Ty would have taken this team and beaten Montana and UCLA. Nothing to write home about, but that is how bad Lake is.
I totally agree with you...but it is no reason to say the name.
Just say "he who must not be named" or "the dipshit from 2008".

My blood pressure rises 10/10 just from hearing his name.

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:25 pm

Well Hell. At least I got to see Jim Owens walk across the lake to practice. :D :D

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:38 pm

Honestly, I think Jimmy Lake and that other one (previously mentioned), will fall under the category of "unspeakables".