UW Football Week 11, UW vs ASU

Walla Walla Dawg II

UW Football Week 11, UW vs ASU

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:56 pm

Saturday at 4pm on FS1.

So the way I see it, if the Dawgs win this game without Jimmy at the helm, he's done. He will not come back this season or any other for the Dawgs.

I've also heard that Sam has been splitting time with the 1's in practice..will we see him?

Personally, I am very excited for this game. There are many things that could happen.

Go Dawgs.

By the way, I don't see our Dawgs winning this game. ASU is well coached and we are a mess.

ASU by 7, a late game score.

Michael K.

Re: UW Football Week 11, UW vs ASU

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:42 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:56 pm

Losing on a late game score. Isn't that pretty much every loss besides Michigan? This team couldn't finish a Happy Meal.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:56 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:42 pm

Losing on a late game score. Isn't that pretty much every loss besides Michigan? This team couldn't finish a Happy Meal.
Thanks Michael. I truly hope our Dawgs win, and look good doing it. I think it would bring a little joy into your life:
-Lake not being there
-Huard playing
-Dawgs winning
-Michael smiling and being happy for the weekend/week....until we lose next week against the Buffs.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:22 pm

Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:56 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:42 pm

Thanks Michael. I truly hope our Dawgs win, and look good doing it. I think it would bring a little joy into your life:
-Lake not being there
-Huard playing
-Dawgs winning
-Michael smiling and being happy for the weekend/week....until we lose next week against the Buffs.
Not too long ago I would have told you that beating ASU was going to be impossible. We have actually been competitive, should have beaten UCLA and Oregon and beat Stanford. With competent QB play we would have beaten UCLA and Oregon and ROUTED Stanford. I guess it will be interesting to see what Gregory's take on this team is. Does he look at this as his chance and either start Huard or have Morris on a short leash? Or stick with the program and abandon this year by playing 3 TEs and running into a 10 man box all game?

You give me grief for being pissed, but dude, this is BULLSHIT. This team has far more talent than it is showing, and I am tired of reading the excuses. No WRs, poor O Line play, bad run fits. Jimmy and his crew have run off the best WRs, maybe wearing a fucking Run the Damn Ball hat and playing the most archaic offense on the West Coast had something to do with that? The O line was rated on of the best in the fucking NATION coming in.

This is all on them, the pig headed refusal to change his defense now that the Air Raid has been exposed and his ridiculous decision to ride it out with this QB. Jimmy chased off Nakua and Ty Jones. Jimmy decided Morris was the guy. Jimmy demands that we run a ridiuclous offense and defense.

And that would be bad enough, but the next recruiting class? Is outside the fucking top 50 in the NATION! This is back he who shall not be named days. And anyone not pissed about that is kidding themselves. Chris Petersen sold us snake oil. The best DC we had left because we were too busy sucking on Jimmy's dong. We haven't had an imaginative play caller since Sark left, and I guess since he was too pass happy we decided that we now need to make up for that?

Give me shit all you want about being pissed, you are right...I am REALLY FUCKING PISSED. Think back to the day after we lost to Alabama, and the direction you felt this program was going? Did you feel the same the day after we lost to Ohio State in the Rose Bowl? Because I did not. We have regressed every year since what should have been a jumping off point. We OWNED the Conference, and some really stupid decisions by grown men cost us that. CP left, IMO, more because of what was about to happen to his image than the fact that he lost his passion, and he lost his passion because he was in over his head.

The guy that took chances with nothing to lose at Boise State? He was dead. He was replaced by a man that thought taking out the former #1 QB prospect in the nation so you could run WC with your fourth string tailback against Oregon inside the Redzone like four fucking times was a good idea! I lost my desire to coach was a cop out. Jimmy is the man for the job and I am getting out of the way? Was a cop out. I am pissed at CP for leaving us with Jimmy and I am pissed at Jimmy for being a worse coach than anyone could have possible imagined. And, to top it off, he was supposed to be a great defensive mind and recruiter. Our defense couldn't stop a runny nose and the recruiting is the worst is has possibly ever been.

So, yep, am pissed. Losing to Colorado? We have seen it before. Jimmy's defense against a power run team, the offense never gets to play...blah blah. Any Washington team that lose to Montana and blames the O Line and WRs can lose to anyone anywhere and anytime.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:23 pm

Well, I certainly didn't expect a 1,000+ word response. All I want is you to not be so down-trodden about our Dawgs.

Everything you say is correct, but what can WE do about it. Just sit back and enjoy the best you can....play by play as not all of them are bad and Morris is one hell of a QB when he only hand the ball off. I rather like watching Sean run the ball.

I honestly like your assessments of the game. I know you coach football and seem to have a real knack for the game, so keep them coming, just not so dark and depressing. :D

I'd say to send your resume to Jen and maybe you'll get a job. Shit, you can't do any worse than the current coaches.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:42 pm

Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:23 pm
Well, I certainly didn't expect a 1,000+ word response. All I want is you to not be so down-trodden about our Dawgs.

Everything you say is correct, but what can WE do about it. Just sit back and enjoy the best you can....play by play as not all of them are bad and Morris is one hell of a QB when he only hand the ball off. I rather like watching Sean run the ball.
The worst thing anyone that supports this program can do is sit back and enjoy! As for McGrew, he seems to have a nose for the endzone, but he averages 4 yards per carry. Take out Morris's carries and his negative 39 yards? The Dawgs average almost 4.2. So, on a bad rushing team he averages less than the team. The problem is? Only Pleasant, amongst the RBs, averages more. He probably deserves more touches, which is pretty telling of the "talent" in that room. There are highly touted players like Sam Adams Jr that don't see the field. Hard to say why, but since this staff felt McGrew should sit the first two games and Morris is the best QB? I am not sure I trust they have made the right decision.
I honestly like your assessments of the game. I know you coach football and seem to have a real knack for the game, so keep them coming, just not so dark and depressing. :D
I simply can't help it. It is mostly because of the extremely high expectations I had. I was TOLD Jimmy could flat out recruit and flat out coach defense. The fact is he can recruit and coach DBs, that is it. And he is flat out illiterate in what it takes to not only run an effective offense, but hire someone that can run an effective offense. This team was a Bo Scarborough run and a bad Jake Browning pick from beating Alabama in the Final 4. That is how close we were, and look at how far away we now are, and losing ground. Not even top 50 in recruiting? WTF, are we on sanctions again?
I'd say to send your resume to Jen and maybe you'll get a job. Shit, you can't do any worse than the current coaches.
There are a lot of people that know more than me about football, but I would put my understanding of how to run an effective offense up against Pete Carroll and Jimmy Lake any day. That FUCKING sucks.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:34 pm

The issue with College football is once your team loses a couple games and has zero chance for the Final four and then loses another and doesn't even have a chance at the Pac 12 North the season is for all intents and purposes over and you are left with just finding out which shit bowl they will or won't go to. A game that you forget about who they even played or if they even won or lost within a couple years. So I lose interest and honestly don't care if we win or lose. Though I would if Huard started. I am WAY more focused on the the Cougs Ducks game today than our game.

The Hawks are 3-5 but still have a decent shot at the playoffs so I will still be rooting hard for them to get it together.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:52 am

Well, it only took a quarter for ASU to figure out they can run through, over, and around UW's D front. Game over.

maoling

Post by maoling » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:59 am

Who is the gravel-voiced announcer on the broadcast team for the Dawgs' tonight?

He's got a voice for silent movies lol.

I sold fish at Pike Place Market with guys who sounded like that. Ouch.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:01 am

Gotta love the 5 yard pass on 3rd and 8. :roll: