UW Football week 11, UW vs Col

Walla Walla Dawg II

UW Football week 11, UW vs Col

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:45 pm

Here we are with 4 wins.....let me say that again, here we are with 4 fucking wins. How in the hell do we only have 4 wins at this point in the season when so many in the media said we would be in the discussions for a playoff birth?

Coaching has been sucky, but still our quality of player is so much better than other schools....shouldn't the cream rise to the top? I realize coaching can totally fuck up a team, but quality blocking is still quality blocking. A receiver with soft hands is still a receiver with soft hands. A QB with shitty aim is still a QB with shitty aim.....there we have it. Too many 3 and outs. Too many turnovers.

Well, we are against the Buffs this Saturday at high-noon in a MUST WIN GAME. What do we all think?

If our offense can keep possession of the ball enough (not even to score points) so the defense can keep fresh, I think we will win the game.

UW 31
UC 20

Michael K.

Re: UW Football week 11, UW vs Col

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:07 pm

We were ranked 20 coming in, not sure there were playoff discussions, but certainly not four wins after ten games.

Sucky doesn’t even describe the coaching. I will leave it at that.

I don’t see us winning another game. No WAY should we lose to Colorado...but this team sure seems to find a way to lose games.

23 to 16 Buffs. I also predict this place goes nuts with the bench Morris posts. OK, so I go nuts.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:19 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:07 pm
We were ranked 20 coming in, not sure there were playoff discussions, but certainly not four wins after ten games.

Sucky doesn’t even describe the coaching. I will leave it at that.

I don’t see us winning another game. No WAY should we lose to Colorado...but this team sure seems to find a way to lose games.

23 to 16 Buffs. I also predict this place goes nuts with the bench Morris posts. OK, so I go nuts.
The playoff discussions was before the season. There were media-people saying that our schedule really suits 11-12 wins. And if we win the Pac12 Championship game, it would put us right in the middle of the discussion.

All that got blowed-up when we lost to Fucking Montana.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:57 pm

Football team loses to Montana and prob Colorado. Basketball team loses to Wyoming. Just need to lose to the Dakotas and we will have all of the desolate Rocky mountain states covered.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:10 pm

Could be, but they were ranked 20th before losing to Montana. I can't think of two many teams ranked outside the pre season top 10 that enter NC conversations in the summer.

I remember talk about contending for the North and a Rose Bowl, which is laughable now. But the last time U of W and Final 4 were uttered in the same sentence wr promptly blew a Friday Night game on the Farm. Jake Browning was. Junior. If that seems long ago, you don't to think how long it'll be before we enter into that discussion again.

If some rich donor doesn't show up soon? With the new NIL shit and Nike now being able to pay kids LEGALLY? We may never enter that discussion again.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:10 pm

We pay Addidas for clothes, Nike pays players to go to Oregon. Think about that for a minute.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:27 pm

Dwarfed by the Nike subsidy but they pay us.
Per terms of the contract, Adidas has agreed to pay the Huskies $5.275 million annually in cash, $5.58 million annually in product and $1.1 million annually for marketing, a source with knowledge of the deal told The Times.
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:48 pm

Colorado has been REALLY bad except for a win over Oregon State, a 34-0 romp over Arizona (better than what we did) and a close loss to Texas A&M. None of their other six losses has been close. They have no running game so hopefully they'll be like Stanford and try to throw the ball, which as we all know by now isn't going to work out for them. The weather is supposed to be pretty nice so we won't have a slog fest. I like the Dawgs in this one.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:00 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:27 pm
Dwarfed by the Nike subsidy but they pay us.
Per terms of the contract, Adidas has agreed to pay the Huskies $5.275 million annually in cash, $5.58 million annually in product and $1.1 million annually for marketing, a source with knowledge of the deal told The Times.
Yeah, it wasn’t the best analogy. That said, Nike used to simply give jobs to these kids...now they can just straight up give them money. In a few years it’ll be the PAC 11 because Oregon will be in a league of their own. I imagine OK State and T Bone will be tough to compete with as well.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:12 pm

Was thinking about Huard. Has there ever been a freshman QB hyped so much that played so little other than red shirts of course.
dt