UW football; football vs alcoholism

Walla Walla Dawg II

UW football; football vs alcoholism

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:19 pm

So the question has been rattling around my brain for a few weeks....:

Do you drink during the Husky games or do the Husky games make you drink?

:mrgreen:

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: UW football; football vs alcoholism

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:41 pm

It drives me to shrooms, maaaan. 🍄

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:12 pm

I was so thankful I wasn't emotionally invested in that game. I was literally laughing at some of the crazy plays they botched
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:09 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:12 pm
I was so thankful I wasn't emotionally invested in that game. I was literally laughing at some of the crazy plays they botched
I've been numb to their shitty brand of football for several weeks now. It's like watching the Three Stooges coach the Keystone Cops in a football game.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:40 pm

Brock was on with Salk this morning. Some very eye opening discussions. First, Brock and Salk both think the Huskies have nothing to lose by starting or at least playing Sam Huard a lot. I disagree....they are giving this staff way to much credit. The reason they run ridiculous plays when the back up QB is playing and not Morris? It is all CYA. They KNOW if the backup performs they look ridiculous for sticking with Morris, who everyone but this staff knows doesn't belong on a football field for a Power 5 program. Certainly not one that came into the season ranked!

Then, Brock was talking about stopping the Cougars, and he said something that hit me directly in the pain point. He spoke about how both the Seahawks and Huskies play a scheme that seems to just be "sit back and let the other team catch the ball and then tackle". And it just doesn't work anymore. So true, it has been so painful for several years to watch this. Brock said WSU has two talented slot receivers. He would take his two stud UW CBs and match them up all game long. Who else thinks there is zero chance this happens?

How did I get stuck watching two defenses play a scheme that is horseshit and then sit back and say "this is who we are"?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:29 am

I'd say alcoholism won tonight.