Who wins the wide open QB competition

D-train

Re: Who wins the wide open QB competition

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:11 pm

57reasons wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:08 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:37 pm
I'm always wrong on these types of things, so I'll go outside the box..

Murao
:lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously, seems like Penix is in the driver's seat.
Yes, great piece on him in the Times today. Lock and Penix are my two starters for my two fav teams for better or for worse and I'm stickin to it.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:14 pm

Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:28 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:44 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:17 pm
So was Huard over hyped because of his last name. I wouldn't think so given his HS stats but I assumed he was start last season and now its looking like another year on the bench. Morris needs to focus on his studies because he will need a degree when he enters the business world immediately after graduating.
I don’t think he was over hyped, but I do believe he was poorly coached last year.
And it seems they set him up to fail. I say this because I think the first two times he went onto the field he was inside his own 5-10 yard line....and you know for a fact, that the other team will send the dogs when they have a 'fresh' quarterback with the goal line at his back.
So glad Lake is gone. They should change the name of Lake Washington to Washington Pond to remove all references to his name.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:20 pm

btw did you guys know that Big Lakes mainly start with Lake and small lakes end with Lake:

Large
Lake Michigan
Lake Washington
Lake Eire
Lake Chelan
Lake Wenatchee

Small
Green Lake
Silver Lake
Martha Lake
Echo Lake
Cottage Lake

lil trivia
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:33 pm

I agree Huard was ser up to fail. Both the backups were. Morris would check out and they would then ask the left handed QB to roll right, and do the exact opposite if they checked in the right hander. It is almost as if they forgot which guy was under center!

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:13 am

My "inside guy" was at yesterday's practice. He wrote the biggest difference is in the tempo of the practice. Everything is faster. Huard easily has the best deep ball of the QB's. The secondary is playing closer to the line of scrimmage . . . we may give up more big plays but should be much tougher in the box. If we get the big guy back at left tackle and stay healthy we could be much better that advertised. Keep your fingers crossed.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:27 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:13 am
My "inside guy" was at yesterday's practice. He wrote the biggest difference is in the tempo of the practice. Everything is faster. Huard easily has the best deep ball of the QB's. The secondary is playing closer to the line of scrimmage . . . we may give up more big plays but should be much tougher in the box. If we get the big guy back at left tackle and stay healthy we could be much better that advertised. Keep your fingers crossed.
I hope so. Last years 'like a sieve" defense really pissed me off.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:24 pm

Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:27 pm
AZOldDawg wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:13 am
I hope so. Last years 'like a sieve" defense really pissed me off.
Watching the Huskies and Seahawks line up two yards BEHIND the first down marker and then BACKPEDAL at the snap? Has literally made me want to gouge out my eyes over the past couple of years. The only thing worse has been watching Dylon Morris look at ten men in the box and still go with the tailback dive play that his idiot coach called.

Along these lines, did anyone else hear the Bobby Wagner interview with Mike Salk this morning? I almost spit out my coffee when he was asked to comment on playing in a new defense and he said "I will still be manning the middle, making sure passes aren't completed over the middle." I was like, do you mean letting them catch the ball and tackling them a yard behind the first down marker? Because THAT is what you did here. Broke tackle records, on a defense that was incredibly terrible on third down. Give me a break. The next time he makes sure a pass isn't completed over the middle will be the first time in about three years.

Hasslecracked

Post by Hasslecracked » Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:03 pm

D-train wrote:
So was Huard over hyped because of his last name. I wouldn't think so given his HS stats but I assumed he was start last season and now its looking like another year on the bench. Morris needs to focus on his studies because he will need a degree when he enters the business world immediately after graduating.
High school stats mean squat. Look at Jacob Eason? Million dollar arm with 10 cent accuracy

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:54 pm

Hasslecracked wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:03 pm
D-train wrote:
High school stats mean squat. Look at Jacob Eason? Million dollar arm with 10 cent accuracy
I don't know that I agree with that. I think sometimes he had too much zip on his fastball, and sometimes he made piss poor decisions, but he was GROSSLY mismanaged while here. If accuracy was the issue they had an entire season to fix him. Do your damn job coaches! Jake Browning threw for one day at a camp before someone told him he wasn't using his legs. The Husky coaches watched him fire changeups for 4 years and didn't figure it out. Terrible, just terrible.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:37 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:54 pm
Hasslecracked wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:03 pm
D-train wrote:
I don't know that I agree with that. I think sometimes he had too much zip on his fastball, and sometimes he made piss poor decisions, but he was GROSSLY mismanaged while here. If accuracy was the issue they had an entire season to fix him. Do your damn job coaches! Jake Browning threw for one day at a camp before someone told him he wasn't using his legs. The Husky coaches watched him fire changeups for 4 years and didn't figure it out. Terrible, just terrible.
yeah, Eason's biggest drawbacks were his lack of mobility and not quick enough decision-making; i wouldnt say his accuracy was that much worse than other quality starters. Now his completion percentage on the other hand is likely where that assessment comes from, but that was largely due to his receivers having like a 50% drop rate - not always because he threw too hard, though he does have the high-octane heater.