Supermen vs. Clark Kent State Game thread

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: Supermen vs. Clark Kent State Game thread

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:51 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:27 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:45 pm
And I have the same gripes about this coach; Until he can prove that he can game plan for 12 games a season. Until he can handle and scheme around injured players. Until he can prove he can do it for years like other great college coaches.
And that other guy you said this about took us to a Final 4 and two other Major Bowl games. I love the 80s and 90s too. I LOVED Don James, but there have been a string of guys much less successful than Pete. The other guy that came from the silly little Conference. Shit, that is basically what the PAC is!
1 final 4---yeah, I loved it.
2 Major Bowl games---lost both.

If you want to blindly follow the new guy, by all means, please do. But don't expect some of us to pray at the alter of DeBoer until he proves himself worthy.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:10 pm

At least he is better than the last shit show but the bar couldn't be lower....and hey a 40+ post thread on THIS forum!?!?!? Things are picking up!!!
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:29 pm

So, be skeptical until he "proves it", or "follow blindly"?

I guess if I only have those twi ridiculous options, I'll follow blindly. I love that you had this same argument about Petersen, yet somehow think it's valid.

Kent State and Boise State. Our two best coaches came from those two schools, yet the guy from Fresno State ain't shit until you shows you? Why not decide that he IS THE SHIT, until he shows you otherwise?

With Lake and Morris? We are 0 and 1 right now. You guys think Saturday's run defense was bad? Jimmy's five man front would have gotten demolished. Morris would have sucked, we'd have given up 200 yards plus rushing, but at least we never gave up a deep ball!

After Don James we had one good season when Lambrights guys played for Slick Rick. Otherwise it was 6 to 8 wins, yet some in here act like we should have been hiring Saben or Dabo!

We got a bright young offensive mind that played a style of football on Saturday that was fun to watch. Browning might have been a Sophomore the last time I said that. I am going to enjoy this. I think with our schedule 7 games is the floor. With Morris and Lake? 4 would have been the ceiling.

These kids added muscle and lost 4% body fat is what I hears. Let that sink in. We are going to be good, very good in a few years. If we can keep this staff. But ridiculous expectations is a real good way to chase off another guy.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:38 pm

I was wrong. Gained 7lbs and list 2.5 % fat. That's impressive. Again, I am going to believe until shown I shouldn't. Not the other way around.

https://theathletic.com/3461590/2022/07 ... media-day/

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:26 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:29 pm
So, be skeptical until he "proves it", or "follow blindly"?

I guess if I only have those twi ridiculous options, I'll follow blindly. I love that you had this same argument about Petersen, yet somehow think it's valid.

Kent State and Boise State. Our two best coaches came from those two schools, yet the guy from Fresno State ain't shit until you shows you? Why not decide that he IS THE SHIT, until he shows you otherwise?

With Lake and Morris? We are 0 and 1 right now. You guys think Saturday's run defense was bad? Jimmy's five man front would have gotten demolished. Morris would have sucked, we'd have given up 200 yards plus rushing, but at least we never gave up a deep ball!

After Don James we had one good season when Lambrights guys played for Slick Rick. Otherwise it was 6 to 8 wins, yet some in here act like we should have been hiring Saben or Dabo!

We got a bright young offensive mind that played a style of football on Saturday that was fun to watch. Browning might have been a Sophomore the last time I said that. I am going to enjoy this. I think with our schedule 7 games is the floor. With Morris and Lake? 4 would have been the ceiling.

These kids added muscle and lost 4% body fat is what I hears. Let that sink in. We are going to be good, very good in a few years. If we can keep this staff. But ridiculous expectations is a real good way to chase off another guy.
At what point did I say those are the only two options you have? When? Even so, the way you are posting it making the entire board believe you are already 100% on board....no questions asked, no matter what. And remember all this started because a poster basically said that "the jury is still out on whether this is a good team or not". But you go on believing that there are only two options.

I do feel sorry for you to believe we ONLY had two good coaches.

Yes, the O.C. seems to be better than anything we have had since Slick Rick. I am very happy with the possibilities. That's right, the possibilities, not the absolute belief that this coaching staff WILL get it done.

As for the kids body fat and strength, it was months ago that I read something that Lake wasn't a weight room Nazi that so many of these young men needed. I like that this coaching staff seems different.

But none of that means that they don't have to prove it.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:25 am

Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:51 pm

If you want to blindly follow the new guy, by all means, please do. But don't expect some of us to pray at the alter of DeBoer until he proves himself worthy.
So, I am either following him blindly or praying at his alter? So, I'd say you are the one that said it, no?

Again, you pissed all over Petersen in the same manner. Even in this forum this year said Slick Rick was better! Fucking unbelievable. Yes, I chose to believe that the guy who has succeeded everywhere he has been might just do so here.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:26 am

Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:26 pm

So, saying Pete is the second best coach we have had means there have only been two? Holy shit, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:46 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:25 am
Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:51 pm

So, I am either following him blindly or praying at his alter? So, I'd say you are the one that said it, no?

Again, you pissed all over Petersen in the same manner. Even in this forum this year said Slick Rick was better! Fucking unbelievable. Yes, I chose to believe that the guy who has succeeded everywhere he has been might just do so here.
Where?
Have you been drinking? You may want to sober up before making any claim like this.
I said that both Rick and Peterson are in the top 5 coaches at UW. That is all.
NOWHERE CLOSE TO WHAT YOU CLAIM I HAVE SAID.
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:26 am
Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:26 pm

So, saying Pete is the second best coach we have had means there have only been two? Holy shit, what the fuck is wrong with you?
Jim Owens?
Furthermore, Peterson didn't win any big bowl games for the UW did he?
Lost the Fiesta Bowl against Penn State. We had ZERO offence or defense until the 2nd half (I was at this game).
Lost the Rose Bowl against Ohio State when Ohio State was in a down year....and once again we had ZERO offence or defense until the 2nd half.

What a great coach!!

So my opinion differs from yours and you ask "what the fuck is wrong with me"? I believe you are the one that has the issue.

Once again, you are getting totally out of hand....and this all started with someone posting that the jury is still out because he didn't believe Kent State was very good to begin with.

Seriously man, get medicated.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:56 am

Let's refresh your memory on the 2nd greatest coach UW ever had:
Bowl appearances:
2014 Cactus Bowl vs. Oklahoma State -- Loss 22-30
2015 Heart of Dallas Bowl vs. Southern Miss Golden Eagles -- Win 44-31
2016 Peach Bowl vs. Alabama -- Loss 7-24
2017 Fiesta Bowl vs. Penn State -- Loss 28-35
2018 Rose Bowl vs. Ohio State -- Loss 23-28
2019 Vegas Bowl vs. Boise State -- Win 38-7

By my counting that is 2 for 6 in bowl games.
Or 2 wins and 4 losses

But the 2nd greatest of all time.
:lol:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:58 am

Top five? Even if I give you Owens? You are telling me you can come up with two others better than Pete?

Slick Rick was a joke. He had one year, and he won with someone else's recruits.