Supermen vs. Clark Kent State Game thread

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: Supermen vs. Clark Kent State Game thread

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:02 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:35 pm
If you two don't knock it off I'm going to steal WW"s sticks when he gets down here for Spring Training and start a rumor that Michael's daughter is engaged to Dylan Morris :lol:
I'll be sure to bring my old sticks.
:D

I will be down in October. At the very least, we need to get together and have a drink. Maybe meet at Peoria Pines for a beer.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:25 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:48 pm
But comparing what the NCAA Football was back in the early 70's compared to today is absurd. Back then, there were not any limits on scholarships, so the large schools had all the great recruits. Also back then, they didn't have the scouting as they do today.
-Just a totally absurd comparison-
Yep, meaning those guys could load up on talent. Not very often that Nap Kaufman backs up Beno Bryant who is backing up Greg Lewis! Not today, not when Pete coached. Give me a break dude. It is HARDER to coach now.

Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:48 pm
It isn't the fact that Peterson lost those two bowl games, it the way he lost. Falling behind by 21 points at half!!! Then for some reason he could make the needed adjustments, then barely lose.
-But I guess you are fine with that-

-Shrug-
Never said I was OK with it. I simply pointed out that EVERYONE stunk in Bowls besides James. I said James is #1, you are the one screaming BOWL GAMES, then mentioning a guy that was 1 and 3 in them! I would rather we win ball games and be ranked in the Top 10 throughout the season, then go six and six and still lose in some shit bowl game. Litteraly, go look at the Bowl records of coaches. You flat out MADE my point. NON of them besides James was worth a shit in Bowl games. So, when I rank them AGAINST EACH OTHER, I am smart enough to realize I would rather have all the double digit win totals and losses in major bowl games, then six and seven win seasons and losing in minor bowl games. BUT, nice try.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:32 pm

I'm done dude. You are too obtuse to listen to anything that doesn't support how you think and feel.

And I certainly don't want to be responsible for your soon-to-come heart attack.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:31 pm

Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:32 pm
I'm done dude. You are too obtuse to listen to anything that doesn't support how you think and feel.

And I certainly don't want to be responsible for your soon-to-come heart attack.
Piss off. What did I not understand? That doubting a coach because he came from Fresno State, when the best two we have had, AT LEAST, in the modern era, came from Kent State and Boise State is silly? That comparing a coach with a worse winning percentage, both over all AND in Bowl games, is dumb, especially if you yourself said it’s about Bowl games? That your disdain for Petersen is strange?

I compared HUSKY coaches. All since James won fewer games, non of them won double digits more than once, most not at all, and only Sark was better in bowl wins, though he never made a major bowl.

You spewed a bunch of nonsense about Slick Rick, then tried to back pedal. What exactly do I not understand? What I don’t understand is you. And seriously? If there are more of you out there with some ridiculous expectations that the 90s are coming back? Yes, I do believe that would be why Pete stepped away and a good reason why we won’t keep anyone good. We are in the worst Power 5 Conference, it’s getting weaker, and we are on the wrong coast for most of these kids.

We lost to better teams in Bowl games, it sucks, but it’s true. Again, if every coach who lost to Bama and Ohio State needed to be on the hot seat? Come on man. I wish we would have won a few of those games too, but we were flat out outclassed by Bama. If that big back hadn’t gotten hurt they’d have housed Clemson that year too. Pretty much the same story in the sext two.

This team went to ONE Major Bowl from the time James left until Pete took over. ONE! Yet we should worry about this guy because he has a similar back story to Pete? You bitched about that hire and looked silly, so what, you have to downplay his place here by comparing him to fucking Weasel? You use it as some strange excuse to question this hire? It’s ridiculous.

Again, Lake was a power 5 DC and Donovan coached in the NFL. Give me Fresno State if it is anything like the guys from Boise State and Kent State. The fact that we had to demote Kwiatkowski to keep Lake should have been a warning flag. I’ll take the guys that want to be here over that shit ever again.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:59 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:31 pm
Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:32 pm

Piss off. What did I not understand? That doubting a coach because he came from Fresno State, when the best two we have had, AT LEAST, in the modern era, came from Kent State and Boise State is silly? That comparing a coach with a worse winning percentage, both over all AND in Bowl games, is dumb, especially if you yourself said it’s about Bowl games? That your disdain for Petersen is strange?

I compared HUSKY coaches. All since James won fewer games, non of them won double digits more than once, most not at all, and only Sark was better in bowl wins, though he never made a major bowl.

You spewed a bunch of nonsense about Slick Rick, then tried to back pedal. What exactly do I not understand? What I don’t understand is you. And seriously? If there are more of you out there with some ridiculous expectations that the 90s are coming back? Yes, I do believe that would be why Pete stepped away and a good reason why we won’t keep anyone good. We are in the worst Power 5 Conference, it’s getting weaker, and we are on the wrong coast for most of these kids.

We lost to better teams in Bowl games, it sucks, but it’s true. Again, if every coach who lost to Bama and Ohio State needed to be on the hot seat? Come on man. I wish we would have won a few of those games too, but we were flat out outclassed by Bama. If that big back hadn’t gotten hurt they’d have housed Clemson that year too. Pretty much the same story in the sext two.

This team went to ONE Major Bowl from the time James left until Pete took over. ONE! Yet we should worry about this guy because he has a similar back story to Pete? You bitched about that hire and looked silly, so what, you have to downplay his place here by comparing him to fucking Weasel? You use it as some strange excuse to question this hire? It’s ridiculous.

Again, Lake was a power 5 DC and Donovan coached in the NFL. Give me Fresno State if it is anything like the guys from Boise State and Kent State. The fact that we had to demote Kwiatkowski to keep Lake should have been a warning flag. I’ll take the guys that want to be here over that shit ever again.
I didn't even read past "piss off".

You need to step back and relax.

Seriously, get some professional help!!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:52 pm

What ever. You say I am too obtuse to listen, then get butt hurt because I say piss off? Usually, especially around here, "I didn't bother to read" is code for "I don't understand".

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:44 pm

WOW,
Did anyone notice Kent State held Oklahoma scoreless in the 1st?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:09 am

And with 5 minutes before half, Kent State takes a 3-0 lead over Oklahoma.