UW Football Game 2, verses Portland State

Michael K.

Re: UW Football Game 2, verses Portland State

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:14 pm

How is stating Owens record, Weasels Bowl record, since you brought up "bowls matter" my opinion?

Usually when people comment like this it's because they have no answer. You spew bullshit about weasel, it is false. Bullshit about Owens, it is false. Bullshit about it being Arguable who the top five is, but refuse to say who they are.

So, I did it for you. According to you, it's James, A guy that coached before helmets, Owens who had a losing season a third of his years here, Weasel who went to one NYD bowl game and went 1 and 3 in Bowls, and I guess Sark? You make a lot of claims, then refuse to back it up. When I do you claim I am wasting time. Why?

James
CP

then a bunch of guys clustered in for different reasons don't belong in the top 2. Even if you throw in a guy that coached from 1908 to 1916, CP is third. "Debatable who the Top five is" is your bullshit way of being able to keep up the bullshit you spewed when CP got here...and hold that little hope that you are validated in doubting the guy that is here now. It's pretty pathetic.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:33 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:14 pm
How is stating Owens record, Weasels Bowl record, since you brought up "bowls matter" my opinion?

Usually when people comment like this it's because they have no answer. You spew bullshit about weasel, it is false. Bullshit about Owens, it is false. Bullshit about it being Arguable who the top five is, but refuse to say who they are.

So, I did it for you. According to you, it's James, A guy that coached before helmets, Owens who had a losing season a third of his years here, Weasel who went to one NYD bowl game and went 1 and 3 in Bowls, and I guess Sark? You make a lot of claims, then refuse to back it up. When I do you claim I am wasting time. Why?

James
CP

then a bunch of guys clustered in for different reasons don't belong in the top 2. Even if you throw in a guy that coached from 1908 to 1916, CP is third. "Debatable who the Top five is" is your bullshit way of being able to keep up the bullshit you spewed when CP got here...and hold that little hope that you are validated in doubting the guy that is here now. It's pretty pathetic.
Blah, blah, blah.
More of the same. :lol: :lol:
Damn, you wound up.

It wasn't me spewing bullshit about New-Weasel, that was you (but what do you THINK I said). But then again, you CLAIMED that "he who must not be named" was hired because of Weasel. But he wasn't hired until 2 years later. Gilby was the coach between........SOMETHING YOU OVERLOOKED.
[I truly believe your mind isn't what it used to be]

As for saying a coach that coached "before helmets" were used, where is the line in the sand? I guess in your world, you can place that line anywhere, so lets say that line in the sand is 2010. Then I fully agree that CP is the 2nd best coach in UW history.

And by the way, you have been cherry picking things that I post, change the meaning and then come unglued. When I ask you for supporting documentation when you claim I said something, you just don't mention it. I keep asking where I said certain things, and you cannot produce it....that is because you make shit up.
[PERIOD]

And just thing, this is all because I wont agree with AN OPINION YOU HAVE.
:lol: :lol:

In the future, when I don't respond to a post of yours, it isn't because I agree with you, it's because I'll only hit my head against the way so many times before I realize I'm dealing with an overly-rigid person that has no concept of any other opinion other than their own.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:54 pm

Gilby was never the full time guy. Weasel was corrupt, and left the program in the lurch. Gilby couldn't pull it out, so they hired Paint Dry Ty to clean up the program.

I can't even follow what you are trying to get at. You spent forever telling us how great the Weasel is, went so far as to tell DT, "MK doesn't understand it's about Bowl Games". I pointed out that Weasel only went to one NYD game and was 1 and 3 over all. Your bullshit response? "I didn't say he was better".

So, for the last time, give me these four guys better that shove Pete down to five? I even said, you want to count a guy from 1916, what ever. He is still third, hands down. The third best coach since 1900, but by God, we better worry about the other guy coming in from a small school. Better off with former assistants like Gilby, Lambright, Sark and Lake. Or, that guy from Colorado that lied about interviewing for another job and was betting on college sports!

You keep spewing shit about him being MAYBE top five. Give me the five that take him out? You refuse....just respond that I am "blah blah blah".

You won't, because admitting that he is easily the second best coach in the past 100 fucking years makes your doubt of DeBoer just as stupid as your doubt of Pete. I see in the game thread you started you pick the Dawgs to win. Nice, now no matter what happens on Saturday, you can tell us all you told us so. What garbage. I suppose if your prediction comes true, we beat a top 15 team from the Big 10, you will now tell us it's still too early and the Big 10 is over rated?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:02 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:33 pm

In the future, when I don't respond to a post of yours, it isn't because I agree with you, it's because I'll only hit my head against the way so many times before I realize I'm dealing with an overly-rigid person that has no concept of any other opinion other than their own.
Or....because you can't answer. Give me the four of five coaches who are better. I've asked numerous times....you spewed BS about the Weasel until I blew that up and you said "i didn't say he was better."

I'll even give you the guy that coached when there were only 16 college programs in the Nation, and some of them were YMCAs! :lol:

You go back to 1916, and I promise you your list will still be crap. CP is probably second best of all time, but even if you want to throw in some guy coaching glorified rugby in the 1900s, he is third!

But By God, we better hate on these small school guys until they "show us". :roll:

By the way, Dobie's last year here he beat the following powerhouses.

Ballard Meteors
Washington Park A.C.
Gonzaga
Whitman
Cal twice
Colorado

Wow, I can see why you are so impressed. In his first season one of his wins was Lincoln HS. They played both Whitworth and Whitman that year.
The next year they beat the USS Milwaukee and Queen Anne HS.

The great Gil Dobie's resume is littered with wins over HS's, but by God, he is one of the best we've ever had, and these other guys need to beat someone to prove it to you. Genius.

I can hear your great great grandfather blowing up the telegram ripping Gil to prove it by playing someone good.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:07 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:02 pm
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:33 pm

Or....because you can't answer. Give me the four of five coaches who are better. I've asked numerous times....you spewed BS about the Weasel until I blew that up and you said "i didn't say he was better."

I'll even give you the guy that coached when there were only 16 college programs in the Nation, and some of them were YMCAs! :lol:

You go back to 1916, and I promise you your list will still be crap. CP is probably second best of all time, but even if you want to throw in some guy coaching glorified rugby in the 1900s, he is third!

But By God, we better hate on these small school guys until they "show us". :roll:

By the way, Dobie's last year here he beat the following powerhouses.

Ballard Meteors
Washington Park A.C.
Gonzaga
Whitman
Cal twice
Colorado

Wow, I can see why you are so impressed. In his first season one of his wins was Lincoln HS. They played both Whitworth and Whitman that year.
The next year they beat the USS Milwaukee and Queen Anne HS.

The great Gil Dobie's resume is littered with wins over HS's, but by God, he is one of the best we've ever had, and these other guys need to beat someone to prove it to you. Genius.

I can hear your great great grandfather blowing up the telegram ripping Gil to prove it by playing someone good.
Your home life must be hell.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:56 am

Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:07 am

Nope, because much like you, my wife realizes I am right most of the time. She tries this same petty misdirect argument too, it doesn't work for her any better than it does for you.

Again, you won't name the others because you know you are wrong. The ONLY reason to say CP is "arguably top five" is to some how cling to your ridiculous theory that he couldn't hang at this level because of his Boise State background. That was a stupid point and so is your point that he is arguably top 5. He is behind only James, you know it, or you'd come up with a reason why instead of attacking me. Make a point for once.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:09 am

Blah, blah, blah.
More of the same. :lol: :lol:
Damn, you wound up.

It wasn't me spewing bullshit about New-Weasel, that was you (but what do you THINK I said). But then again, you CLAIMED that "he who must not be named" was hired because of Weasel. But he wasn't hired until 2 years later. Gilby was the coach between........SOMETHING YOU OVERLOOKED.
[I truly believe your mind isn't what it used to be]

As for saying a coach that coached "before helmets" were used, where is the line in the sand? I guess in your world, you can place that line anywhere, so lets say that line in the sand is 2010. Then I fully agree that CP is the 2nd best coach in UW history.

And by the way, you have been cherry picking things that I post, change the meaning and then come unglued. When I ask you for supporting documentation when you claim I said something, you just don't mention it. I keep asking where I said certain things, and you cannot produce it....that is because you make shit up.
[PERIOD]

And just thing, this is all because I wont agree with AN OPINION YOU HAVE.
:lol: :lol:

No where in there to you make a point or debate my point.
Ridiculous bullshit personal attack used by trolls that have no way to prove their point.
One of the best. The other you refer to is a certainly a top 5, but positions 2-5 can be argued.
Yet when asked who these coaches are, you refuse.
You are such a pud. Always trying to prove your point and make others look bad. A real dick move.
A pud. SMH
I'm done dude. You are too obtuse to listen to anything that doesn't support how you think and feel.

And I certainly don't want to be responsible for your soon-to-come heart attack.
So, you say I am too obtuse to listen, I responded to piss off and you got but hurt.

Read your shit bro. 95% of your comments are you going after me personally making zero point. The other 5% is saying the same old shit and responding to nothing.

So, I ask again, what three coaches make it even remotely possible for CP to be #5?

The guy that beat HS teams in the 1908?
Sarkisian who never made a bowl even remotely close to Major?
The Weasel who hung us out to dry, made one NY Day Bowl game and was 1 and 3 in Bowl Games?
Owens who had losing seasons in exactly one third of the years he was here?

Who is it? For once, instead of lashing out at me because you can't make a point....make a fucking point. Where am I wrong? CP is five amongst that fucking list?

If CP beat HS teams (Dobie) you'd laugh at me for saying he was good.
If CP had losing seasons 33% of the time he was here? Had two seasons with two or FEWER Wins? (Owens) you would have a fucking Cow if I said he was good.
If CP never made a NYD Bowl Game or won more than 8 games (Sark) you would NEVER allow his name to be mentioned as one of the best.
If CP was pretty much responsible for the program needing cleaned up, was 1 and 3 in Bowl games and lied his way out of town (Weasel) you would not in any way shape of form allow CP to be called one of the best.

So, which one of these amazing resumes bumps CP? I'll wait for your personal attack with absolutely zero credible points in it.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:47 pm

This is the last response I will have to your posts regarding this topic. Mainly because we will never agree and you will never stop bitching about it until I fully agree with your take on this issue.

We both agree that Don James is the best coach in UW history. PERIOD

Below is my opinion, not governing law.
Can you let me have my opinion?

The other coaches are listed below:

Gil Dobie - Doesn't matter if they played with leather helmets or none. He was still a coach at UW with impressive stats.
61 games coached with a 58-0-3 record, never lost a game at UW!
Winning percentage of .975
1 Conference Championship
-Went on to coach Cornell to three back to back to back National Championships in 1921, 22, 23
There was no "Post Season" during his coaching
[you cannot discount this guy just because he doesn't work into your thinking.....UNDEFEATED at UW IN 61 GAMES]

Jim Owens - The coach before Don James
187 games coached with a 99-82-6 record
Winning percentage of .545
3 Conference Championships
1 National Championship in 1960
Post Season record 2-1
-Pre 1980 there were not that many bowl games, so when you made it to one, it was a very special deal.

Rick Neuheisel
49 games coached with a 33-16 record
Winning percentage of .673
Post Season record of 1-3

Chris Peterson
81 games coached with a 55-26 record
Winning percentage of .679
2 Conference Championships
Post Season record of 2-4
-The thing that bothers me with CP is that he would shit the bed in the first half of every meaning bowl game we had-
Down 28 to 14 against PSU in the Fiesta Bowl
Down 21 to 3 against OSU in the Rose Bowl

James Phelan
110 games coached with a 65-37-98 record
Winning percentage of .627 winning
Post Season record of 0-1

All these coaches have their own accomplishments. For you to dismiss one coach over another is bullshit.
Owens has a National Championship, CP doesn't.
Dobie was undefeated in 61 games at UW, and 3 national championships elsewhere, CP doesn't.
I will admit that Phelan is obviously #5, but that's only my opinion.

Something else to keep in mind is that until the early 1980's, bowl games were few and very special. To make one ACTUALLY meant that you had a great season, not like it is today. Winning the Cactus Bowl may be special to us, but it's really just crap compared to the weight of bowl games in the 50's.

You can place CP at #2, I don't care. I won't try to talk you out of it. But in my world he is a 2-5 guy.....well a 2-4 guy. It all depends on how you want to look at things.

I am now finished, so you can rail away.

Good

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:18 pm

So, how hard was that? Your opinion, it wasn't that hard. I would say, below are the reasons I disagree with you, but we are talking opinions here, so of course there is disagreement.

Dobie played nobody, and I mean nobody. I understand it was a different time, but he had HS teams on his schedule. Hard to rip on CP or DeBoer for their Non Conference, and claim some guy that beat HS is better.

Owens? The National Championship, first of all was retro active. I don't remember why, but I know it is iffy at best. Two, one third of his seasons here he had a losing record and another two times they were .500. That NEVER happened under CP. And come on man, you KNOW if he had a one win or two win season? You would have had a fit.

The Weasel won with Lambright's guys. That was as veteran roster his second season that won a Rose Bowl. And, want to talk about weak opponents, has there ever been a worse Big 10 opponent than that Purdue team? Of course that is rhetorical, because I am sure there has been, but that was a very down year for the Big 10. I look at the two seasons he had after that? He was here four years, won one Rose Bowl. I will FOREVER love that 2001 team, Hell, I had a football from Tui's 300 200 game! But that was Tui, and all Tui. The next year we couldn't run the ball, because Tui wasn't there to do all the dirty work before pitching it off. The next year they were so so. I hated the way we blew the Holiday Bowl, and always wondered if that was the beginning of the end. Because his last year was pretty bad. 4 and 4 in Conference and losing to Purdue in the Sun Bowl?

I will say one thing...it is James and everyone else. But I think CP is head and shoulders ahead of the rest of that pack. Would be interested to know what his decision would have been had he known Lake would be this kind of a bust? I think he had a rough year, was struggling to stay positive, felt like Jimmy was going to be the guy everyone thought he would be, so he stepped back. I have said it before, but I wish we would have kept Kwiatkowski at DC and let Jimmy walk years ago. I actually thought it WAY before Jimmy took over. Kwiatkowski was the better DC, Jimmy just ran his mouth more.

You bitch about Pete's early deficits in Bowl games, and you are correct. That said, Bama was just better. Penn State and Ohio State? Jimmy got his ass WHOOPED. Again, he didn't know what to do against a passing game that wasn't the Air Raid. Haskins threw three first half TDs. We threw it 54 fucking times. I wouldn't say a conservative offense lost us the game. McSorely threw for 350! Barkley had a 92 yard TD....ended with 96 yards! Yep, Jimmy's big bad pass defense got TORCHED.

CP was the head coach, so the L goes on him, but your complaint about building an early deficit is a bit off, IMO. If Jimmy isn't all talk, maybe we don't give up 4 first half TDs to Penn State and 3 to Ohio State.