Husky sweat it out in the hot box in the desert game thread

Fungo

Re: Husky sweat it out in the hot box in the desert game thread

Post by Fungo » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:45 pm

If we don't get some defensive help from the portal and end up forced to rely on new recruits, we could be looking at a couple more years of this misery. With a good secondary this team would be undefeated and ranked in the top ten.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:04 pm

Fungo wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:45 pm
With a good secondary this team would be undefeated and ranked in the top ten.
I kind of agree. Now, I am not sure it would be warranted, but good heavens, we can't cover a baby with a blanket! Losing two one score games when you score as many points as we do is unforgivable. Let's hope we get some kids to come...it's the old catch 22, everyone is going to want to come here to play in this offense, but can we add anyone on defense? I mean, if a defensive back believes in himself, he has to think he can come here an play right away, right?

Fungo

Post by Fungo » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:15 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:04 pm
Fungo wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:45 pm
With a good secondary this team would be undefeated and ranked in the top ten.
I kind of agree. Now, I am not sure it would be warranted, but good heavens, we can't cover a baby with a blanket! Losing two one score games when you score as many points as we do is unforgivable. Let's hope we get some kids to come...it's the old catch 22, everyone is going to want to come here to play in this offense, but can we add anyone on defense? I mean, if a defensive back believes in himself, he has to think he can come here an play right away, right?
Yeah and you'd think we would have a good shot at any local standouts that are familiar with the team and its defensive problems. I really expect more local talent will be committing now that DeBoer has injected a new life into the team. The local recruits were keenly aware of the mess we had coaching the past couple years, that's why they stayed away. They should be returning.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:05 pm

I sure hope they can bring back most of this offense and get the defense to at least above average. A defense that holds opponents to around 30 a game has this team challenging for the Conference Title.