Might have met an over I don't like. UW versus Cal. Ah BS...bet the over.

Michael K.

Might have met an over I don't like. UW versus Cal. Ah BS...bet the over.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:49 pm

Cal is not very good offensively, but goodness we are bad on defense. Wilcox always has something special for us, we just don't seem to beat that guy, regardless of how mediocre his team is or bad the QB play is.

Cal scored 13 on Colorado. :o :shock:
9 against WSU. I know, WSU has a pretty damn good defense, but 9!?
Here's a weird one. They scored 49 against U of A, and only gave up 31. Played them better than we did!
The scored 17 on Notre Dame, and should have beaten them. One of the worst calls I have seen handed ND 7 points. Cal should have been in range for a tying FG late.
Beat UNLV 20 to 14
Beat UC Davis 34 to 13

On paper? if you just look at how we both fared against U of A at home? This should be a battle. That said, I don't think their offense is good enough to get much more than 23, even against us. The over/under is 55.5. I say bet the over. 32 is the fewest we've scored all year, and that took a second quarter collapse against an undefeated UCLA.

Huskies 37
Cal 20

If you actually do bet? Don't blame me. My rule is to never bet Husky or Seahawk games. I have too much emotion to think clearly. Knowing my luck we are going to lose this game 42 to 26 just because I said we'd win by 17!

Fungo

Re: Might have met an over I don't like. UW versus Cal. Ah BS...bet the over.

Post by Fungo » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:20 am

The weather may play a part in this one since wind and maybe some rain will be moving in the Bay area this weekend. This one scares me. If Penix is on the Dawgs will win, if he gets pressured and has any accuracy problems we might not win. Like you say, Wilcox has had our number and after that loss last week they will be hyped for this game. I'm going very timidly with the Dawgs in a much lower scoring game, UW 24-19

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:31 am

So is this the GT?
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:25 am

That was NOT OPI.

But when did we decide long yardage downs are dump offs? We do thus every fucking time we play Wilcox...and it usually costs us the game.

It's usually a dumb pick that costs us in Berkley, but looks like it might be conservative offense that does it now!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:36 am

4 drops. These mother fuckers can't play away from Husky Stadium. This is a fucking shit show. Cal is one play from the lead. How!?

Fungo

Post by Fungo » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:39 am

Crap it looks like the Dawgs may not get more than 20 points tonight. 3 or 4 drops, crucial penalties and a missed field goal . This is starting to unfold like one of those nightmare games. Cal looks to be finding a bit of offense now.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:54 am

Fungo wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:39 am
Crap it looks like the Dawgs may not get more than 20 points tonight. 3 or 4 drops, crucial penalties and a missed field goal . This is starting to unfold like one of those nightmare games. Cal looks to be finding a bit of offense now.
This looks like every game that Wilcox has beaten us.

Fungo

Post by Fungo » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:59 am

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:54 am
Fungo wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:39 am
This looks like every game that Wilcox has beaten us.
Yep. What usually happens is Cal gets moving in the 2nd half. But who would have thought that the Dawgs would hold anybody to no points at halftime? I don’t know why we can’t run at will against these guys. This is a crazy game

Fungo

Post by Fungo » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:18 am

Cal is going to win this game. I’m done watching. I’m also tired of Marshawn Lynch

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:21 am

Fungo wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:18 am
Cal is going to win this game.
Afraid so. Defense pitches a first half shutout. We've been begging for thus, and offense can't score. Unbelievable. About to trail in a game they tripled them in first half yards.