Another night game!?

D-train

Re: Another night game!?

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:07 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:39 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:27 pm
Oooh they did it again...again and again...
Ridiculous. Let me guess, Oregon gets another 12:30 start? We have SIX 7:30 starts. That doesn’t count the 4, 5, and 6 pm starts! Fucking bullshit.
Be thankful you aren't me. I will be alone watching the game with my dog at 7am Sunday morning again.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:14 pm

Oh come on, 10:30 isn’t bad on a Saturday. You can sleep all day Sunday since the NFL kicks off after lunch for you! LOL

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:02 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:14 pm
Oh come on, 10:30 isn’t bad on a Saturday. You can sleep all day Sunday since the NFL kicks off after lunch for you! LOL
LOL Cocktail hour is at 5pm. I can make it to 10:30pm but not staying up just to watch the KO and pass out. ha.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:01 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:02 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:14 pm
LOL Cocktail hour is at 5pm. I can make it to 10:30pm but not staying up just to watch the KO and pass out. ha.
Jeez, you East Coasters have restraint. You wait until 5!?

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:11 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:55 pm
So if the Beavs beat the Ducks there will be a 3 way tie for second if we win the Apple Cup. Who wins that tie breaker? We obviously have the head to head over the Ducks.
Multiple-Team Ties 

In the event of a tie between more than two teams, the following procedures will be used. After one team has an advantage and is “seeded”, all remaining teams in the multiple-team tie-breaker will repeat the multiple-team tie-breaking procedure. If at any point the multiple-team tie is reduced to two teams, the two-team tie-breaking procedure will be applied. 

1.Head-to-head (best cumulative win percentage in games among the tied teams). If not every tied team has played each other, go to step 2. 
2.Win percentage against all common conference opponents (must be common among all teams involved in the tie) 
3.Record against the next highest placed common opponent in the standings (based on record in all games played within the conference), proceeding
through the standings. 
a.When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s win percentage against the collective tied teams as
a group (prior to that group’s own tie-breaking procedure) rather than the performance against individual tied teams. 
4.Combined win percentage in conference games of conference opponents (ie, strength of conference schedule) 
5.Highest ranking by SportSource Analytics (team Rating Score metric) following the last weekend of regular-season games. 
6.Coin toss

Step 1. is out because we didn't play Utah.

Step 2. Common opponents are WSU,STAN, AZ, UCLA, and OSU. all three would have a 5-1 record in those games

Step 3. Next highest place common opponent. If UCLA beats Cal then it would be a tie between UCLA and OSU for the next highest common
opponent. So you have to go to the two team tie breaker scenarios to determine who it is.

1. Head to Head: they did not play

2. Win percentage against the next highest common opponent in the standings. WSU didn't play UCLA So that team would be the winner
of the ASU Arizona game. either way in that game it will move to step 3

3.Win Percentage against all common opponents: UCLA and the Beavs have 8 common opponents UCLA is 6-2 aginst those opponents
while Oregon State is 5-3 so UCLA is the next highest common opponent for determining Step 3 of the 3 way tiebreaker between Utah,

UW and Oregon. Oregon beat UCLA while the Dawgs and Utah both lost to them so the Toilet seats will get the 2 seed.

However if Cal beats UCLA then it will be the Beavs will be the next highest common opponent. Utah and UW both beat the Beavs and Oregon will have lost to them. That eliminates Oregon. The rules state that once the tie breaker is reduced to two teams two team tiebreaker rules apply. So in the case of UW, Utah....

1. Head to Head: They did not play.

2. Win percentage against the next highest common opponent. That would be Oregon who The Dawgs beat and Utah lost to.

So in short. in a three way tie for 3rd it all comes down to the CAL UCLA game. If UCLA wins Oregon is in and if Cal wins UW is in.......I think :lol:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:19 pm

Great, instead of our chances lying with a Colorado team we just pummeled, it lies with the team that Colorado beat! LOL

I would love to see us in the Pac 12 title game, and the Rose Bowl, but I couldn't be happier with how this season went. Yes, the ASU game sucked, but beating Michigan State and Oregon were big surprises to me. I realize the Michigan State win lost some luster, but still. My only beef is we won't get another shot at DTR. Damn I hated watching him act like a punk after that game. What is it with the UCLA hatrid for the U of W. I realize that Miles Jack got his hate from his idiot coach Mora Jr, but what gives now? Chip Kelly seems pretty "meh" about us, what made DTR so firey?

Give me a win over the Cougs and a trip to the Cotton Bowl. Sounds fantastic! My uncle played for Notre Dame back when the Cotton Bowl was the shit. I should try to get tickets!

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:51 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:19 pm
Great, instead of our chances lying with a Colorado team we just pummeled, it lies with the team that Colorado beat! LOL

I would love to see us in the Pac 12 title game, and the Rose Bowl, but I couldn't be happier with how this season went. Yes, the ASU game sucked, but beating Michigan State and Oregon were big surprises to me. I realize the Michigan State win lost some luster, but still. My only beef is we won't get another shot at DTR. Damn I hated watching him act like a punk after that game. What is it with the UCLA hatrid for the U of W. I realize that Miles Jack got his hate from his idiot coach Mora Jr, but what gives now? Chip Kelly seems pretty "meh" about us, what made DTR so firey?

Give me a win over the Cougs and a trip to the Cotton Bowl. Sounds fantastic! My uncle played for Notre Dame back when the Cotton Bowl was the shit. I should try to get tickets!
A Colorado win over Utah work too but no one is even considering that. :lol:

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:55 pm

We might actually be in better shape by not going to the championship game. Good chance SC wins no matter who they play. I'd rather be sitting at 10-2 with Oregon at 10-3 than the other way around.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:36 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:19 pm

Good point for more likely that we beat ASU and lose to the Ducks but FAR more satisfying what actually happened.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:01 am

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:55 pm
We might actually be in better shape by not going to the championship game. Good chance SC wins no matter who they play. I'd rather be sitting at 10-2 with Oregon at 10-3 than the other way around.
Hell yeah.