Another night game!?

Michael K.

Another night game!?

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:07 pm

There is finally a weekend that I can make a game, and they decide that despite the fact that we are playing a shitty Colorado team, that we need to kickoff at 6 pm? Stanford and Cal get the 2:30 Pac 12 slot. Why? Why in the fuck is every game we play at home at night?

I realize this is a shit team, so not going to be on the Network, but do they ever look at the fact that all of our home games are at night? One of the few days games we have played in Conference was on the road, in a fucking Desert! I don't understand this at all. There is zero chance any fan from outside North Bend is going to a night game and not also getting a hotel. I did a quick search, we played Michigan State at 4:30 and Portland State at 1. Every other game but at ASU has been late at night except Arizona. One single home Conference game, and only three total that weren't after 4 pm.

I understand that it is all about viewers on TV, but this sucks. Two Conference day games all year, and one was on the road in a fucking desert. Ridiculous.

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Another night game!?

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:22 pm

I am beyond sick of that. Every freaking home game
WTF?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:09 pm

Looks like I will be watching Husky football Sunday again....
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:50 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:22 pm
I am beyond sick of that. Every freaking home game
WTF?
Have you been able to make a game this year? I imagine even for people on that side of the State it is very difficult. It is downright impossible for us. I don't mind blowing money on a hotel, and Hell, I have family with a cabin in Suncadia, so we could make it happen. But, even to get back to Suncadia after a 6 pm kickoff it would be super late. College games are about four damn hours now, and getting out of Husky stadium is a nightmare. We actually didn't mind staying in a hotel last time because we walked the tram or what ever it is, and it dropped us off right at the stadium. I suppose I could do a park and ride kind of like that, right? Still, leaving around 10 is going to put me in Suncadia after or around midnight. So, paying for a hotel seems more likely.

The problem with that is my wife always wants to go somewhere for dinner, which means I have to leave the game early. 1 pm kickoff? Even 2 PM kickoff, we can watch the entire game, get the lightrail or tram or what ever the Hell it is and back to the hotel and eat at a very decent hour. Actually enjoy the day.

I am curious if this is going to get better or worse without the LA schools? Oregon and Washington will be the two that TV broadcasts want, so will that move us to the afternoon slot, or make it even more likely we have to be at night?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:38 pm

Did some quick research, and I hope this is all correct. Having the LA schools leave will open up a few more "day" time games, but not a ton. Oregon is the problem. Until we unseat them in popularity? Might not matter.

Oregon played 5 games at 12:30 this year. Three of those in Conference, one against fucking Cal. Yeah, Cal, everyone wants to toon in at lunch to watch that bullshit. They played another Conference game at 1, and another at 4. So, in total, 6 of their games are very early. They haven't announced the OSU game time yet, but that one is usually late.

UCLA actually had three games before noon this year! Two at 11 and the other at 11:30. They also had two at 12:30, one at 1:30 and one at 2. So, they had 7 real early games. Let's hope we get a few of those next year.

SC? They got fucked. One game at 3 and one game at 4, and that is the earlies on their schedule! Four at 4:30, two at 5 pm, two at 6:30 and two at 7:30. So, them leaving just opens up more late games! Ouch.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:48 am

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:07 pm
There is finally a weekend that I can make a game, and they decide that despite the fact that we are playing a shitty Colorado team, that we need to kickoff at 6 pm? Stanford and Cal get the 2:30 Pac 12 slot. Why? Why in the fuck is every game we play at home at night?

I realize this is a shit team, so not going to be on the Network, but do they ever look at the fact that all of our home games are at night? One of the few days games we have played in Conference was on the road, in a fucking Desert! I don't understand this at all. There is zero chance any fan from outside North Bend is going to a night game and not also getting a hotel. I did a quick search, we played Michigan State at 4:30 and Portland State at 1. Every other game but at ASU has been late at night except Arizona. One single home Conference game, and only three total that weren't after 4 pm.

I understand that it is all about viewers on TV, but this sucks. Two Conference day games all year, and one was on the road in a fucking desert. Ridiculous.
Yet another reason USC and UCLA want out. Nothing makes sense.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:54 pm

Wow, nice blow out but Colorado has to be the worst P12 team of have seen since the early 80s Beavers that went 3-40 from 1979-82.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:55 pm

So if the Beavs beat the Ducks there will be a 3 way tie for second if we win the Apple Cup. Who wins that tie breaker? We obviously have the head to head over the Ducks.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:27 pm

Oooh they did it again...again and again...
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:39 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:27 pm
Oooh they did it again...again and again...
Ridiculous. Let me guess, Oregon gets another 12:30 start? We have SIX 7:30 starts. That doesn’t count the 4, 5, and 6 pm starts! Fucking bullshit.