Grubb extended. Thank God

Michael K.

Grubb extended. Thank God

Post by Michael K. » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:12 pm

Based on the fact that Jimmy Lake used to be the highest paid Asst in program history? I'd say this was a STEAL! Sorry, I will say this until the day I die, Kwiatkowski was a better DC than Jimmy, he just didn't need his ego stroked. Letting Jimmy go to Bama would have been the best thing for this team. I doubt we get bullied by Colorado, Stanford and ASU running some ridiculous 3 - 2 Defense with six DBs if Jimmy had taken that bullshit down South. Saban would have hung that dude by his toenails in week three!
UW’s standout offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach agreed in early November to a two-year contract extension through 2025, a source confirmed to The Seattle Times on Tuesday. He is set to earn $1.45 million in 2023, $1.55 million in 2024 and $1.67 million in 2025.

Grubb will be the highest paid assistant in program history, topping former defensive coordinator (and eventual head coach) Jimmy Lake — who made $1.4 million in 2019. A Kingsley, Iowa, native and Buena Vista University alum, Grubb initially signed a two-year contract in December 2021 worth $1,020,000 annually. The performance incentives and buyout figures attached to his extension have not been disclosed.
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... subscriber