Prime tells Buffalos to transfer. Just makes room.

Michael K.

Prime tells Buffalos to transfer. Just makes room.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:39 pm

This pisses me off. Then he just announces that his son is the next QB. I hope his entire roster transfers, they barely field a team, lose every game and then his son jumps ship!

All the coaches bitching about kids having no loyalty, just transfer all the time, then we have an asshole like this? I was pretty neutral about him coming to the PAC 12 or 10, but now I will root against them every week.

D-train

Re: Prime tells Buffalos to transfer. Just makes room.

Post by D-train » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:28 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:29 pm

On one hand its cold blooded, OTOH they were prob the worst Power 5 team in the county.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:38 pm

So, Prime couldn't have met with these kids and done this behind closed doors? Nope, that would have had to be Deon. Deon is dead, Prime is all there is.

Show up, sit down with the kid, tell him you've watched tape and you think you can find kids to replace him...he can chose to stay or transfer. NOPE, Prime needs to do it in front of the cameras so everyone has to look at him.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:48 pm

Believe me I've never been a fan of his and this doesn't do anything to change that
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:02 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:48 pm
Believe me I've never been a fan of his and this doesn't do anything to change that
He is a fucking circus act and he just turned a bunch of kids into clowns in his act. I hope they all do leave, and I hope his kid has to play QB behind five walk on lineman and gets knocked around all year, so he goes to his dad and tells him he's transferring. I mean, Prime can't be mad right?

Those kids needed Coach Sanders and they got the Prime Time show. Straight up trash, and everything that is wrong with college football. The entire speach isn't all that bad, and all the more reason the coach should have met with them and not Prime Time. Prime Time needed a camera in the room, which is exactly why you can see snippets of conversations that make things seem worse than they are. You know how you avoid that? Be real and do it behind closed doors.

He needed the world to see. Needed everyone to know what HE was going to do. The next time someone says "I am going to play for Prime because he can coach me to be a better player" will be the first time. All show. He has people in his pocket for NIL money and he has a name and he talks a big game. No one is going there to be coached up. There is a reason he doesn't even talk about coaching. It's all flash. I never liked him, now I hate him. The next Colorado win will be a sad day for me.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:31 am

I lost respect for him during that playoff series with the Braves when he threw the buckets of ice water on Tim McCarver.

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:19 pm

My father was a Hall of Fame Football coach in Washington and I'll never forget him telling me as I started my coaching career that "you coach people first and athletes second".

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:57 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:19 pm
My father was a Hall of Fame Football coach in Washington and I'll never forget him telling me as I started my coaching career that "you coach people first and athletes second".
YES! I know that a lot of times, what we see isn't all that was said. The entirety of the speech isn't as inflammatory as the sound bites most are seeing, but that is a big reason why the camera shouldn't have been rolling. I have yet to see any say he told these kids he could make them better men or better football players. He's not a coach, he is a recruiting hype man.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:06 pm

I saw both Budda Baker and Mario Bailey defending him. Must be a "Cultural" thing.
dt