Bowl games

Sibelius Hindemith

Bowl games

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:25 pm

Great job by the Coogers yesterday. They finish the season with their worst loss and to an unranked Mountain West team. :roll: They made Jake Haener look like Joe Montana and Jordan Mims like Walter Payton while their own offense stunk it up. :lol:

At least the Beavers showed up for their bowl game. 8-)

D-train

Re: Bowl games

Post by D-train » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:14 pm

dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:30 pm

Read some chatter from Coug fans about missing kids and transfer portal. I am curious who didn’t play. Not being a dick, as I honestly don’t know. I know that if we are missing a few key guys and lose to Fresno State? I am probably upset about it, so honestly curious.

As for the Apple Cup reference. Haener obviously watched last year, and has ties here. Some day their fans storming the field and Borghi runnin his mouth all game during his one AC win and their Jack Ass QB planting the flag will be forgotten. But not quite yet. Funny how as far as players go, the two biggest culprits in that game bolted WSU with eligibility left. Nothing like stirring the pot and walking away leaving someone else the mess to clean up.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:05 am

Love to see Haener's team play the Huskies for the "Apple Cup." Anybody care a guess on the final score of that game?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:08 pm

We’d blow them out.

I like Haener, but have read online chatter lately bitching that Pete chose Eason. I completely disagree. First of all, all I know of Haener at that time was the guy that CP threw in their for no reason so he could throw a pick six then go three and out to lose to Cal. Second? Had he not gone to Fresno and play for DeBoer? I don’t think he ever becomes what he became.

Eason had an NFL arm, just questionable decision making at times. That said? We lost to Colorado and Stanford that year because we couldn’t stop the run with Jimmy’s bullshit 3 - 2 defense and lost to Oregon because on several 3rd downs our idiot Offensive staff pulled Eason so the 3rd string TB could fail out of the fucking Mild Cat offense. Eason was let down by the same people that let down Browning. Last year is the first year since Tedford left I have had an ounce of Confidence in anyone running this offense. Haener would have been dog food if he stayed here!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:06 am

These bowl games have been awful for the most part. Who the hell thought Kansas State vs Alabama would make a good match-up?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:09 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:06 am
These bowl games have been awful for the most part. Who the hell thought Kansas State vs Alabama would make a good match-up?
The Semis made up for it.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:03 pm

There were only a handful of Bowl Games that were ever meaningful anyway. Having two 6-6 teams square off in a meaningless game because some insurance company wants to improve their name recognition is dumb. I'd rather watch the two worst teams in FBS go at it with the loser being given the A. C. Burcky Trophy for all-around incompetence. They could have Roto Rooter sponsor it and call it the Flush-it Bowl.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:58 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:03 pm
There were only a handful of Bowl Games that were ever meaningful anyway. Having two 6-6 teams square off in a meaningless game because some insurance company wants to improve their name recognition is dumb. I'd rather watch the two worst teams in FBS go at it with the loser being given the A. C. Burcky Trophy for all-around incompetence. They could have Roto Rooter sponsor it and call it the Flush-it Bowl.
I thoroughly enjoyed bearing Nebraska in a "meaningless Bowl game" a few years ago when we were 6 and 6. It's goof for the fans of those teams. I've never understood the hatred for Bowls. No one is forced to watch, but I've been excited for every Husky Bowl game I've ever watched. Do I watch many others? Nope, but who cares?

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:46 am

The only complaint I have regarding bowl games is that teams from a state, say Florida or Texas, get to bowl games in their own states. The Alamo Bowl was a case in point. I wish we had been playing Florida State, who was in a bowl game in Orlando. Texas should have gone to that bowl game. I hate it when there is a home town advantage! Still, beating a ranked team, even if they were #20, is nothing to sneeze at.