Breaking: Huard had entered the portal

roosevelt

Re: Breaking: Huard had entered the portal

Post by roosevelt » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:19 am

Great to have Penix back one last season. Too bad it cost Huard and Kienholz.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:16 pm

Huard to Cal poly to play for Paul Wulff.

https://www.si.com/college/washington/f ... g-cal-poly

YEEESH! A former 5 star recruit can't even find a starting spot at a D-1A school. Should have known something was up when he couldn't beat out Morris for backup QB. Don't know how the recruiting experts could have been so wrong about this guy.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:36 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:16 pm
Huard to Cal poly to play for Paul Wulff.

https://www.si.com/college/washington/f ... g-cal-poly

YEEESH! A former 5 star recruit can't even find a starting spot at a D-1A school. Should have known something was up when he couldn't beat out Morris for backup QB. Don't know how the recruiting experts could have been so wrong about this guy.
Yeah, I can't see any reason to go to Cal Poly unless he was still 3rd on the Depth Chart. I am not all that up to speed on the rule, but I am pretty sure you can only transfer once without a hardship. I wonder if the rule is different if you are transferring out of the FBS to an FCS school? Maybe he can reenter next year since he didn't go FCS? If his goal is to go Pro, how does Cal Poly help?

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:31 am

Early years
Born in Whittier, California, Zorn attended Gahr High School in Cerritos, where he competed in football, baseball, basketball, track, and speed skating. He didn't start playing organized football until his sophomore season. The next year, Zorn broke his wrist after being put in at the end of a game to play quarterback. He became a starter as a senior in 1970 and graduated in 1971.

Zorn played at the junior college level at Cerritos College for two years. He was benched midway through his sophomore season in 1972 because the head coach didn't like his leadership style.[4]

In 1973, he transferred to Cal Poly Pomona after accepting their half-scholarship offer. As a junior that season, he registered 2,367 passing yards and 16 touchdowns, receiving Little All-American, Little All-Coast, and Southern California College Division Player of the Year honors.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:42 am

If he ends up having half the career that Zorn had, he'll really suck.
:lol:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:47 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:42 am
If he ends up having half the career that Zorn had, he'll really suck.
:lol:
:lol: :lol:

Man, I LOVED Zorn growing up though.