2023 Week 5: UW Football at Arizona

Walla Walla Dawg II

2023 Week 5: UW Football at Arizona

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:49 pm

Week 5 has brought a spark to the UW Football program with a single first place vote in both the AP and Coaches Poll....but....

Off to the desert we go; and mythical things seem to derail our Dawgs down in Arizona. Will it happen again? Back in 2016 (our playoff appearance year), it took overtime with these Wildcats to secure the win. What can possibly go wrong this season.

Although everyone is complaining about this being a night game, I believe it will work in our favor. In Tucson this Saturday they are expecting a high of 94 degrees (at around 3pm), but with a 7pm start I would assume gametime will have a temperature of around 84 with things doing nothing but cooling down from there.

With this offence, I don't see the desert, or the Wildcats slowing us down.
UW - 48 (I guess it is a little slower, but not much)
[Penix will have 4 TD's and over 400 yards, but Morris will get the last 2 series]

The defense will once again play well and hold the Wildcats (whichever QB plays).
UA - 24 (includes a garbage time TD)

GO DAWGS!!

D-train

Re: 2023 Week 5: UW Football at Arizona

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:51 pm

My former boss from about 2008-2015 is an U of A alum and a massive Wild Cat fan and I hate the fucker so would love to destroy them as always.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:52 pm

Night games in the desert make sense, that is for sure. I remember us playing ASU on year at like 1 PM. Pretty sure Sark was there. We got out to an early lead and the melted. Pretty sure the evening game was in Pullman. More genius by the PAC 12.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with the Arizona schools kickoffs next year. Night games will be very late for some of the audience in that Conference. Of course, I once stayed up until like 2:30 am to watch us lose to a mediocre Cal team!

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:17 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:52 pm
Night games in the desert make sense, that is for sure. I remember us playing ASU on year at like 1 PM. Pretty sure Sark was there. We got out to an early lead and the melted. Pretty sure the evening game was in Pullman. More genius by the PAC 12.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with the Arizona schools kickoffs next year. Night games will be very late for some of the audience in that Conference. Of course, I once stayed up until like 2:30 am to watch us lose to a mediocre Cal team!
My weirdest sports viewing experience in terms of time was watching live March Madness games in Hawaii at 6:30 am. lol Now that is my Sunday morning viewing time for Husky football.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:58 pm

Started feeling nervous reading this in a "too good to be true" sort a way....

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1767330/ ... w-huskies/

So last week I did not check the score Sunday morning before I watched the game. Do you guys recommend I do the same or would you check first so you can watch stress free or God forbid not watch at all if the unthinkable happens.
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:24 pm

Rumor in the desert is Arizona's defense will be running the "dollar" package.
3 down linemen
8 DB's

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:25 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:58 pm

So last week I did not check the score Sunday morning before I watched the game. Do you guys recommend I do the same or would you check first so you can watch stress free or God forbid not watch at all if the unthinkable happens.
If I remember, I can text you a smiley face or a frown face as an indicator.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:28 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:25 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:58 pm

If I remember, I can text you a smiley face or a frown face as an indicator.
Setting my phone know to block any and all frown faces!!
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:37 pm

Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:24 pm
3 down linemen
8 DB's
Or, as I refer to it...the Fuck You Jimmy Lake package! Of course, that dipshit lake ran it against teams like Stanford, Cal and Colorado that would line up two extra Tackles and run it down our throat. And he would act all surprised.

We should run all over them if they do that. There is no chance our O Line can be as good as they are in Pass Pro and not be able to block up a 3 man front in the run game. Hell, give Pennix that much time and we may not need to run it anyway. How long can their eight cover our WRs?

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:21 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:37 pm
Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:24 pm
3 down linemen
8 DB's
Or, as I refer to it...the Fuck You Jimmy Lake package! Of course, that dipshit lake ran it against teams like Stanford, Cal and Colorado that would line up two extra Tackles and run it down our throat. And he would act all surprised.

We should run all over them if they do that. There is no chance our O Line can be as good as they are in Pass Pro and not be able to block up a 3 man front in the run game. Hell, give Pennix that much time and we may not need to run it anyway. How long can their eight cover our WRs?
KDB took over that shit show and is now 15-2 as HC of the best College football program in the country! Incredible.
dt