2023 Week 12: UW Football - The Mighty Beavers

Walla Walla Dawg II

2023 Week 12: UW Football - The Mighty Beavers

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:29 pm

They are the Mighty Beavers because, hey, who doesn't like a little beaver from time to time?

This is the time of the season when things just don't make sence. All the hype surrounding the Washington football team keeps going back to a flaccid performance against ASU. For some reason, nobody at any sports outlet can cope with the idea that Penix (and probably a lot of the team) was ill.

Then with Stanford, the offense still put up 42 points, but the defense was most likely ill.

AND OUR DAWGS STILL FOUND A WAY TO WIN!!!!

Then came USC in Los Angeles. What a shoot out. We took their best, and we gave our best.....well on offense. It seems pretty obvious our defense took a later flight but eventually arrived (in the 4th quarter).

Last week was a very stout and very injured Utah team. The team with the best defensive stats held us to 35 points (in a high winds game) and the MSM claim that Penix has lost his spark. :lol:
-I guess those dopes need a job too-

But the Utah game was truly a game of two halves.....and our defense took the first half off. But they did eventually show up and play a great 2nd half....we won't talk about the goal line fumble.
-What a dope-

NOW, the mighty Beavers.

The Beavers (with the exception of the loss to WSU) have had a great season. A TOP 10 TEAM.
Good on defense, and sometimes questionable on offense.

I believe if our defense shows up this game, it can get away from OSU.

NOBODY can stop our offense, not even the elements. Whatever third-world virus ran through the team certainly slowed them down to a screeching halt, but I believe we learned from the ASU experience....and we now have a run game!!

UW - 45
OSU - 32

Michael K.

Re: 2023 Week 12: UW Football - The Mighty Beavers

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:34 pm

I agree with everything you said, especially the part about finding a way to win. That's all that matters. What is funny? Is that if we were in the SEC and just kept finding a way to win? It would be all the rage. In our three biggest wins, Oregon, USC and Utah? We have given up one single fourth quarter score. If we were an SEC team? They'd talk about the resilience we show on defense to come through when it matters.

Like I keep saying, what they say doesn't matter. It still pisses me off though. Florida State has done exactly nothing. What? Beat a three loss LSU team? That wouldn't even hold water had it been us. The bias is a damn joke. Next year we will get more credit for beating Big 10 teams, and they won't be as good as the Pac 12 teams we are beating this year, not even close top to bottom. The over under for Iowa versus Rutgers was 25....and the under hit!

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:39 pm

Florida State doesn't have any feather in their cap. Where we have beat 4 top 25 teams (at the time of the game or newly ranked) in the last 6 weeks. Then we have another this week, and then a top 10 team in the P12 Championship Game.

That is one hell of a gauntlet we are currently navigating....and everyone seems to be mentioning it, but down-playing it. Always taking it back to the ASU win.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:51 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:29 pm
They are the Mighty Beavers because, hey, who doesn't like a little beaver from time to time?

This is the time of the season when things just don't make sence. All the hype surrounding the Washington football team keeps going back to a flaccid performance against ASU. For some reason, nobody at any sports outlet can cope with the idea that Penix (and probably a lot of the team) was ill.

Then with Stanford, the offense still put up 42 points, but the defense was most likely ill.

AND OUR DAWGS STILL FOUND A WAY TO WIN!!!!

Then came USC in Los Angeles. What a shoot out. We took their best, and we gave our best.....well on offense. It seems pretty obvious our defense took a later flight but eventually arrived (in the 4th quarter).

Last week was a very stout and very injured Utah team. The team with the best defensive stats held us to 35 points (in a high winds game) and the MSM claim that Penix has lost his spark. :lol:
-I guess those dopes need a job too-

But the Utah game was truly a game of two halves.....and our defense took the first half off. But they did eventually show up and play a great 2nd half....we won't talk about the goal line fumble.
-What a dope-

NOW, the mighty Beavers.

The Beavers (with the exception of the loss to WSU) have had a great season. A TOP 10 TEAM.
Good on defense, and sometimes questionable on offense.

I believe if our defense shows up this game, it can get away from OSU.

NOBODY can stop our offense, not even the elements. Whatever third-world virus ran through the team certainly slowed them down to a screeching halt, but I believe we learned from the ASU experience....and we now have a run game!!

UW - 45
OSU - 32
In 6th grade our Cafeteria during lunch was so wild that the old ladies paid $2 an hour to make sure we didn't kill each other or start food fights hatched a plan to regain control. Each table was told to come up with a mascot and there would be a competition to see which table could be the best behaved. The best behaved contest winner would then be able to go to recess 1st and so on. We came up with the Mascot name "The Beavers" :lol: Of course when they called out The Beavers! to tell us we could go to recess we all died with laughter and they had no idea why.

The old ladies were oblivious for a few day until a couple girls from an opposing table spilled the beans on us. We then were last to be released to recess for a full week! What glorious memories!
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:01 pm

Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:39 pm
Florida State doesn't have any feather in their cap. Where we have beat 4 top 25 teams (at the time of the game or newly ranked) in the last 6 weeks. Then we have another this week, and then a top 10 team in the P12 Championship Game.

That is one hell of a gauntlet we are currently navigating....and everyone seems to be mentioning it, but down-playing it. Always taking it back to the ASU win.
I expect FSU to lose to Louisville in the the ACC championship game.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:04 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:34 pm
I agree with everything you said, especially the part about finding a way to win. That's all that matters. What is funny? Is that if we were in the SEC and just kept finding a way to win? It would be all the rage. In our three biggest wins, Oregon, USC and Utah? We have given up one single fourth quarter score. If we were an SEC team? They'd talk about the resilience we show on defense to come through when it matters.

Like I keep saying, what they say doesn't matter. It still pisses me off though. Florida State has done exactly nothing. What? Beat a three loss LSU team? That wouldn't even hold water had it been us. The bias is a damn joke. Next year we will get more credit for beating Big 10 teams, and they won't be as good as the Pac 12 teams we are beating this year, not even close top to bottom. The over under for Iowa versus Rutgers was 25....and the under hit!
Damn, I bet there were some 25 over/unders for the 1996 Mariners!!! lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:05 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:01 pm
Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:39 pm

I expect FSU to lose to Louisville in the the ACC championship game.
Can't believe Louisville lost to Pitt!!!!
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:23 pm

Florida State plays North Alabama this week! They haven't played a ranked team since beating LSU, and they won't play a ranked team again this year.

Clemson is 6 and 4. FSU beat them 31 to 24.
Boston College is 6-4. FSU beat them 31-29
Virginia Tech is 5-5. FSU beat them 39-17.
Pitt is 2-8. FSU beat them 24 - 7, but it was 10-7 at the half.
Miami is 6-4. FSU beat them 27-20, and it was 10 to 10 at the half.

Does ANYONE think we wouldn't be taking shit tons of heat if those were our scores? We played two straight mediocre teams and had mediocre performances against them, and half the college football world wants to write us off. FSU's BEST win is over a three loss LSU team. They have played nothing but mediocrity since with mostly mediocre performances.

If FSU was undefeated AND beat Oregon? I promise you they would not be #4....we have a BETTER resume, and are #5. It's straight up bullshit.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:26 pm

If we win Saturday we will have beaten the 6th, 10th, 16th, 19th and 30th ranked teams.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:35 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:26 pm
If we win Saturday we will have beaten the 6th, 10th, 16th, 19th and 30th ranked teams.
Won't matter. FSU beat LSU in week one. They are the greatest. Just ask the committee.

Again, it doesn't seem to matter that the Pac 12 is actually pretty good this year. It's just like in basketball. When AZ or UCLA are winning tons of games? Pac 12 hoops is considered to be strong. When they aren't? It doesn't matter who the top team is...the Conference is down. We wont the regular season one year and didn't get into the NCAA tourney because we lost in the Pac 12 tourney in like double OT in the first round. Sorry, AZ or UCLA are automatically in simply for finishing in the top 3 in our Conference.

In Football? If USC had our resume? They'd be #2. If Oregon had beaten us? They'd be #2. BUT? When those two teams aren't the top dogs in Football? The Pac is looked down on. Doesn't matter that it is an utterly ridiculous philosophy, and CERTAINLY doesn't matter that they will deny it. But looking at FSU's resume compared to ours and seeing them above us for the entire year is fucked up! Michigan's resume isn't much better. The fact that they justify it by saying shit like "it'll work out when they play each other" is dumb. You are supposed to rank the teams that week based on who you think they are THAT WEEK. Not the fact that you want to create a big time matchup down the road. They did that last year when they needed to create drama for the Conference Championship games, so they bumped up, I believe Utah and another Big 12 team to make the matchups look better. It was horseshit.

Thank GOD we are done with four teams. The Committee can still be involved and create drama, and they will fucking eat that shit up. But my guess is all four Conference Champs get in and get byes. They can create drama over the other eight spots all they want. They won't be bumping any unbeaten and very few one loss teams out.