Maybe we got too excited about Saban leaving?

Michael K.

Re: Maybe we got too excited about Saban leaving?

Post by Michael K. » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:43 pm

Gonna be a real long season next year.

I do think Bama is in trouble. Lots of rumblings about DeBoer leaving because now that Pete’s guys are gone? He’ll be exposed. And his offense is gonna struggle next year with that QB. They lose two games and that fan base and those reporters are going to go nuts! I can hear Finebaum now ripping on them for hiring a West Coast guy that hadn’t proven he could win in a real league like the SEC.

If they have patience? DeBoer will be good, but he’ll never be Saban, and that might never be good enough!

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:14 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:43 pm
Gonna be a real long season next year.

I do think Bama is in trouble. Lots of rumblings about DeBoer leaving because now that Pete’s guys are gone? He’ll be exposed. And his offense is gonna struggle next year with that QB. They lose two games and that fan base and those reporters are going to go nuts! I can hear Finebaum now ripping on them for hiring a West Coast guy that hadn’t proven he could win in a real league like the SEC.

If they have patience? DeBoer will be good, but he’ll never be Saban, and that might never be good enough!
Totally agree. I wonder if Saban decided to retire because he saw a decline in talent impacting the near future....
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:07 pm

Can anyone translate this vid. Not sure what language they are speaking. lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:27 am

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (50.79 KiB) Viewed 339 times
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:28 am

This Guy is Jenn Cohen's attorney. He called KDB to Alabama several days ago. He is dialed.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:28 am

dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:52 am

I wonder if the UW president being okay with Nazi rallies on campus had anything to do with his decision to leave. Probably not.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:51 am

ESPN's Paul Finebaum believes that two college football head coaches are going to be aggressive in trying to poach Alabama players after Saban's retirement. He explained why Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin and Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian are two coaches to watch during his appearance on McElroy and Cubelic.

“There’s no doubt that those two guys who are … I’ll say Lane Kiffin probably knows as much about what’s happening in Alabama right now as Nick Saban and Kalen DeBoer,” Finebaum said. “Because that’s just the way Kiffin operates. So I mean, that’s what I would be doing and it’s one thing to do it if Nick Saban was a coach, they would still try to do it. It’s another thing dealing with somebody who doesn’t really know how nasty it gets.”

Sarkisian already landed former Alabama wide receiver Isaiah Bond, while both Ole Miss and Texas are expected to pursue other decommits and transfers from the Crimson Tide

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:10 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:51 am
ESPN's Paul Finebaum believes that two college football head coaches are going to be aggressive in trying to poach Alabama players after Saban's retirement. He explained why Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin and Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian are two coaches to watch during his appearance on McElroy and Cubelic.

“There’s no doubt that those two guys who are … I’ll say Lane Kiffin probably knows as much about what’s happening in Alabama right now as Nick Saban and Kalen DeBoer,” Finebaum said. “Because that’s just the way Kiffin operates. So I mean, that’s what I would be doing and it’s one thing to do it if Nick Saban was a coach, they would still try to do it. It’s another thing dealing with somebody who doesn’t really know how nasty it gets.”

Sarkisian already landed former Alabama wide receiver Isaiah Bond, while both Ole Miss and Texas are expected to pursue other decommits and transfers from the Crimson Tide
I saw somebody post there hasn't been so many people leave Alabama since the Civil War. LOL
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:33 pm

I don't think DeBoer was their first choice, you can follow the trail of contract renegotiations for an idea of the list. Here is Mike Norvell. It just sort of struck me. Why does he choose Florida St over Alabama? Seems like a similar decision as Washington vs Alabama. And did you see the thing about the athletic director sensing at Thanksgiving that he was thinking of leaving? That makes him a transient
The Bama beat writer also pointed to Mike Norvell’s lucrative and lengthy contract extension as evidence that Alabama made a concerted effort to snag the Florida State head coach.

“Obviously the contract I think on his end was very correlated with the Alabama coaching search. I don’t know if the Dan Lanning and Steve Sarkisian [contract renegotiations] were as much as a direct result of that,” Rodak stated.