Maybe we got too excited about Saban leaving?

Michael K.

Re: Maybe we got too excited about Saban leaving?

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:49 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:34 pm

I hope so. UW offered him well over $10 mil per. All the shit he spewed about wanting to stay and build a great program here, fuck'em. He was full of it.
I heard he was offered $9. Bama has that in the ashtray of the shuttle bus they take to the plane! All this money, the Pac 12 dies so we can go to the Big Ten for money, and if we lose him because the first time we get a chance to spend money we don't? I'm fucking out. We will always be small potatoes if we keep acting like small potatoes.

But, Full of it? Come one. You wouldn't take more money to coach at the best or second best football program in the fucking Nation? All because you told some fans you were going to build something? Jesus. Sometimes I actually buy what everyone says is wrong with Husky fans. I am sick about this, but to pretend this is a better job than Bama!? Come on people.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:01 pm

Well i realize this is America, but money and prestige aren't everything to everyone.
Last edited by Sibelius Hindemith on Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:02 pm

I know it is only 1pm there but you might want to start drinking Michael!!! :lol:
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:09 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:02 pm
I know it is only 1pm there but you might want to start drinking Michael!!! :lol:
Oh FUCK! I'd rather have Pete Carroll!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:11 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:09 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:02 pm
Oh FUCK! I'd rather have Pete Carroll!
That said, his college offenses were pretty exciting. He was over matched in the Pros. He will need a better defensive staff than we had this year too.

Lamda

Post by Lamda » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:21 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:06 pm
Lamda wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:47 pm
In Alabama he's almost assured of challenging for the title every year whereas here he'll be lucky to do it once every 5 years - lets be realistic guys. It would be a pretty hard job to pass up if they offered it to him - but he could just be using it as leverage to get a better deal with UW? Who knows.
I don't know about that. With the expanded Playoff, There is no reason he couldn't have the Dawgs in contention every year. If he isn't good enough to do that why would we care so much about keeping him in the first place?

Also if he goes 10-2 for a couple of years in Alabama, he will be getting death threats from the fan base and probably be shown the door.
UW should be in the top 25 every year but serious contention for the title?? You'll never out-recruit Alabama and some of those teams and you know it. Also you played in a weaker division and now going to a tougher one making the road to that contention all the more difficult. Not ripping on the team at all just saying you fans are a bit delusional assuming now you will be in the position you were last week on an on-going/regular basis. Even if your coach didn't leave as I said - you might make it in but you'll be a one-done and only make a serious run once every 4-5 years when the team really comes together. We aren't a big market, we aren't where top recruits/players want to come, etc. - this will always be against our State and the teams that play in it.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:44 pm

It's about resources at the end of the day...

I'm surprised at how bad the recruiting classes have been under KDB despite the success UW has had over the last 2 years. He's out there getting borderline 2/3 stars with some upside and that's not really sustainable if you hope to build championship teams.

The stars of this UW roster were Petersen and Lake recruits.

Odd thought... does Petersen get the itch again?

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:59 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:00 pm

All this coaching turnover and Scott Servais is still the M's manager. lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:06 pm

How about Judd Fisch???
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (16.67 KiB) Viewed 290 times
dt