Breaking: Looks like Jedd is the man!

Michael K.

Re: Breaking: Looks like Jedd is the man!

Post by Michael K. » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:17 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:54 pm
It's been determined he did it? That's not cool. Here he is talking about his commitment to winning championships at Washington. When he visits a possible recruit, he's asking them to commit to the huskies, he needs to be able to reciprocate with a reasonable assurance that he's committed to coaching them there. Is that how he does it? You don't think other coaches wouldn't point at that and ask, can you believe that guy?

https://youtu.be/7EDwo0Qi89U?si=uwP8NBs4mqBV7TQn
Not confirmed, but often times these rumors prove true. These guys simply used the time zone on a phone and where he was vacationing to say it proves he met with UCLA in Cabo. I just mean, who the fuck cares really? He is the coach here. These recruits you are talking about are going to demand to be recruited next year too. Even if he never met with UCLA, he is going to have to prove it to college kids forever. I really do believe if that shit doesn't get fixed you are going to see the downfall of college sports. A HUGE reason I don't watch college basketball anymore is I can't keep up with who is playing where. And that was because of the one and done shit. Now that they can simply pick up and leave, even if it's not for the NBA?

I think many will soon lose interest. How hard is it to say they can earn NIL $, but make it a contract? How hard is it to say you can transfer once, but would need to prove some kind of a hardship to do it again? We went from the only way these college kids could survive was to eat Ramon Noodles in their dorm room to making them richer than NFL players! There were people that actually thought Calab Williams would pass up the draft this year because he would make more in that one year at USC than his rookie contract! If it meant keeping kids in college longer? I'd be all for it, but this bullshit that they are basically all on one year deals? Sucks.

So, if Judd is going to have to resell his backup QB every single year he is here coaching, is it really that big of a deal if he listens to other job offers? The NCAA fucked this up, and their greed is why we went from Ramon Noodles to millionaires with nothing in between.

Fungo

Post by Fungo » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:08 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:39 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:54 pm
It's been determined he did it? That's not cool. Here he is talking about his commitment to winning championships at Washington. When he visits a possible recruit, he's asking them to commit to the huskies, he needs to be able to reciprocate with a reasonable assurance that he's committed to coaching them there. Is that how he does it? You don't think other coaches wouldn't point at that and ask, can you believe that guy?

https://youtu.be/7EDwo0Qi89U?si=uwP8NBs4mqBV7TQn
No, I have seen NOTHING to prove he met with UCLA. Signs a contract with UW and then switches to UCLA a week later. People will believe anything these days.
Nobody is saying he was looking to sign a contract with UCLA. My assumption would be he was just keeping his options warm in case he might be wanting a change in the future or maybe he was looking at hiring a UCLA coach and was checking the possibilities.. who knows? I just watched a video where they were saying the meeting actually took place in December before he took the UW job! Anyway I’m done with this. Michael is right, it really doesn’t matter. These coaches and the players are just a product of the culture they live in. Unfortunately so am I. Go Huskies.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:11 am

Honestly, I refuse to use YouTube as a news source, and yeah I'm old like dirt. I am sympathetic to broadening the parameters of what a news source is. You guys can complain about mainstream media but when rubber meets the road I like for a story to be picked up by a major player. Why, because they have a reputation at stake that it's accurate. Sorry but i view YouTube along the lines of the cartoon channel.

Fungo

Post by Fungo » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:02 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:11 am
Honestly, I refuse to use YouTube as a news source, and yeah I'm old like dirt. I am sympathetic to broadening the parameters of what a news source is. You guys can complain about mainstream media but when rubber meets the road I like for a story to be picked up by a major player. Why, because they have a reputation at stake that it's accurate. Sorry but i view YouTube along the lines of the cartoon channel.
I agree with you when it comes to simple stories like sports rumors or physical happenings like tornado's, volcanoes and accidents where conjecture can be inserted as facts on social media. In those cases the MSN will usually keep up with the facts. I do not agree at all when it involves politically charged news. Both the MSN and YouTube have been censoring stories that run contrary to the government narratives since before the Hunter Biden laptop story hit the streets in 2020. They have also spiked any stories involving concern for the efficacy or safety of the covid jabs or the origin of the virus itself. Lately they have slacked off on those examples since the truth is out, thanks in large part, to the many online podcasts that have been able to operate despite strong governmental opposition.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:13 am

Just curious, how do you know when something is true?

Fungo

Post by Fungo » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:22 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:13 am
Just curious, how do you know when something is true?
Hahaha the question of the ages. When you can tell me what is is, I’ll tell you when something is true.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:33 pm

I will predict Jedd will not leave for another college HC job. Only reason he will leave is an NFL HC job or God forbid gets fired....
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:34 pm

dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:21 pm

The future of college football.
“My hope is that one day we walk down Starbucks field into Costco’s arena, into Microsoft’s area, into the recruiting lounge owned by Ballmer and everything in between. Let’s see if we can find ways to utilize and absolutely dominate the Seattle community.”

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:19 pm

I just caught Jedd looking for Homes in Gainesville! :lol:
Screenshot 2024-03-14 10.18.24 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-14 10.18.24 AM.png (171.83 KiB) Viewed 103 times
dt