Final seconds of the existence of the Pac 12

D-train

Final seconds of the existence of the Pac 12

Post by D-train » Sun May 26, 2024 4:11 pm

A bit sad but I am excited for the future.

dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Final seconds of the existence of the Pac 12

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon May 27, 2024 4:54 pm

Sad day. Tradition sacrificed because of money. And the way things are going it might be the beginning of the end for college athletics other than football and basketball. Part of the decay of Colleges in general as well as the decline of civilization. When everything becomes about money and self-gratification a society will collapse.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed May 29, 2024 7:43 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 4:54 pm
Sad day. Tradition sacrificed because of money. And the way things are going it might be the beginning of the end for college athletics other than football and basketball. Part of the decay of Colleges in general as well as the decline of civilization. When everything becomes about money and self-gratification a society will collapse.
The U of W's softball program has been incredibly successful, and they have almost no attrition. Today? The seventh player announced they were transferring. Could be NIL, but I think it is probably the fear of travel. They play three game series, and I assume a lot of these ladies committed here with the belief that their family could watch them on the West Coast and wouldn't have to worry about three nights in New York to play Rutgers, and then get back late on Sunday to go to class the next day.

Unfortunately, this had to be done, but the University Presidents should have their feet held to the fire for turning down $30 million per school from ESPN. I am still pissed off at how much that part of the equation gets swept under the rug. The WSU President, the biggest bitch in all of this, was on the five-person committee that decided to vote this down. Fucking BS that he gets to play victim. The only victim is this are the non-football and basketball athletes and Oregon State.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu May 30, 2024 2:27 pm

It's interesting nobody is saying anything, it's really unprecedented, an exodus like that. It's rumors but seems really some sort of issues within the program is what people are pointing at
"There were some rumblings, sure," McLeod said. "But I didn't expect this because Heather builds a program a certain way and she grabs players that fit that mold. ... I don't know what that reason is, but it looks to me pretty clear that there's a reason this group is in the portal."

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:54 am

Seems pretty obvious, it's about the travel.

Fitting that Bill Walton died a day after the Pac 12.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:40 pm

This season they travelled to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, Clearwater Florida, Ft Myers, Florida, Tucson, AZ and Columbia, MO.

I would be SHOCKED that after that they would Transfer to another school so they could play more games on the West Coast. btw where would they transfer to do that other than a lesser mid major program???

Tarr:
“I think everybody’s got their own reasons nowadays,” she said. “It’s somewhat on trend to get involved in the recruiting scene again, or think about what might be or, ‘Maybe this place wasn’t for me.’ There’s tons of different reasons. I can’t source it, unfortunately, and I wish I had an answer for everybody, even myself.”
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:47 am

Eight players all decide to enter the portal more or less together and none of them will speak to the press about their reason for leaving, its the travel, okay

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:24 am

Whenever I type YouTube in my browser this pops up for some reason. This is a few years ago but they didn't seem to be having a terrible time on the road trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4qehEI ... pp=desktop
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:27 am

Okay geniuses, you tell me why they would leave en masse from a top 5 program. What else has changed? They don't want to go to Columbus, Iowa City, Lincoln, Ann Arbor, or any of the other toilet bowls of the Midwest.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:31 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:27 am
Okay geniuses, you tell me why they would leave en masse from a top 5 program. What else has changed? They don't want to go to Columbus, Iowa City, Lincoln, Ann Arbor, or any of the other toilet bowls of the Midwest.
NIL, they grew weary of Tarr, not enough playing time, some dispute with other players.

If it was travel why wouldn't they have just said that? The possibilities that I mentioned are ones that they would not have wanted to make public.
dt