C/LW Cutter Gauthier
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 4

Sexymarinersfan

WHO ARE WE TAKING AT 4?!!

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:33 pm

Assuming Wright, Slavkofsky, and Cooley, are all off the board, I prefer Nemec with the slight edge over Jiříček. I'd be happy with either. However my gut tells me Francis and Kron will most likely take Jiříček based on their past drafting history. I feel that Nemec is the superior skater, and better two-way player. However, Jiříček has the higher upside and has much more prototypical body size at the position. Nemec is ready to play now however and not under contract next season, and we are short right handed defensemen with only Larsson and Soucey currently in the organization. He could be inserted right away and would pair nicely with last year's second round pick Ryker Evans or veteran Vince Dunn on the blue-line. Nemec projects comfortably as a top-four offensive defenseman, with legitimate upside as a first-pairing defenseman who quarterbacks the top power-play unit.

Sexymarinersfan

Re: WHO ARE WE TAKING AT 4?!!

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:32 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:33 pm
Assuming Wright, Slavkofsky, and Cooley, are all off the board, I prefer Nemec with the slight edge over Jiříček. I'd be happy with either. However my gut tells me Francis and Kron will most likely take Jiříček based on their past drafting history. I feel that Nemec is the superior skater, and better two-way player. However, Jiříček has the higher upside and has much more prototypical body size at the position. Nemec is ready to play now however and not under contract next season, and we are short right handed defensemen with only Larsson and Soucey currently in the organization. He could be inserted right away and would pair nicely with last year's second round pick Ryker Evans or veteran Vince Dunn on the blue-line. Nemec projects comfortably as a top-four offensive defenseman, with legitimate upside as a first-pairing defenseman who quarterbacks the top power-play unit.
After listening to Friedman talk about the upcoming draft and what the Kraken might do, I'm changing my pick to my preference, Simon Nemec. He's the smarter more intelligent skater and can be a Top 4 blue liner.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:42 am

So the draft is tomorrow. My guess too is that we take the top defenseman available, which sounds good and is pretty much a no-brainer unless Wright falls to us which he won't. Hopefully the pick will be ready to play next season.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:58 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:42 am
So the draft is tomorrow. My guess too is that we take the top defenseman available, which sounds good and is pretty much a no-brainer unless Wright falls to us which he won't. Hopefully the pick will be ready to play next season.
I would take any of the Top Forwards over Nemec. But I think you're right. The top 3 are locked down. I believe that Simon Nemec will be the pick. And if it isn't then David Jiricek/Cutter Gauthier will be. Cooley would be my overall preference if we had the #1 overall pick.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:47 pm

Oh wow, Wright somehow fell to us! Francis had better not blow this.

OMG. Wright and Beniers. And a lot more picks and free agency to follow. It's just one step but a really positive one.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:12 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:47 pm
Oh wow, Wright somehow fell to us! Francis had better not blow this.

OMG. Wright and Beniers. And a lot more picks and free agency to follow. It's just one step but a really positive one.
Sheer craziness!!!!! I slammed my coffee down when the Devils went Nemec. I was so pissed! But Wright and Beniers sets the Kraken up for years!! I was hoping for Cooley too, but I think the Yotes had their hearts set on him.

Shane Wright is a great pick. So far, steal of the draft. 😎
Attachments
20220707_191553.jpg

XpertDBA

Post by XpertDBA » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:19 am

Beniers and Wright.......effing A, love it.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:51 am

XpertDBA wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:19 am
Beniers and Wright.......effing A, love it.
Now we just need to find them some wingers for them to get the puck to.

XpertDBA

Post by XpertDBA » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:23 pm

Hopefully Brandon Tanev comes back as good as he was before.

His game is so much fun to watch.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:32 am

XpertDBA wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:23 pm
Hopefully Brandon Tanev comes back as good as he was before.

His game is so much fun to watch.
Love me some Turbo! Jagger Firkus looks like he could be something special like that. Needs to bulk up though. Only a buck fifty.