Going,Going, Gone

glenstar

Going,Going, Gone

Post by glenstar » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:57 pm

I am out of here. I thought this was a Sonic/NBA forum, then we added the hockey, much to my disgust, and now some form of perverted football? I am very disappointed. I will have to seek another forum somewhere to discuss basketball without all of the other stuff. I really thought this new forum was going to be different. Good luck guys. Will miss you.

I also don't belong on the Mariner forum anymore because I am old school. I don't believe in the metric junk. I can tell a good or great player just by watching him play. You show me a guy with 100 plus RBI and I will show you a good hitter, probably with some pop. Anyway, the old players don't believe in it, either. Yet, everyone on the M's forum is into it, and are also into this ridiculous rebuild of the M's. No place for me there.

D-train

Re: Going,Going, Gone

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:54 am

A forum needs actual content to discuss and just talking about when a team that doesn't exist might come back even though there is literally zero in the works to make that happen tends to lead to a situation where you run out of material very quickly. Its a dead topic.

I get my basketball fix from college ball and I feel the same way about the NBA as you do the XFL so I have no interest in discussing it and it seems nobody else does either outside of occasionally rooting against OKC.

As for the Mariners forums, I was just curious so I looked at the 20 threads on the first page. Only 2 of the 20 were sabermetric oriented. If that's too much for you I don't know what to say.

Good luck finding what you are looking for.
dt

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:52 am

I'm sorry to see you go, glenstar. As dt says, it's kind of hard to talk about the Supes when there is nothing on the horizon in terms of their return, despite both OVG and Hagshaw boasting that 2025 is THE year that they'll come back. Which just so happens to be when the NBA's current CBA expires, and yet, I'm still skeptical about it all. I do hope you come back when they do return so we can all rejoice about it together. It's not a matter of "if" but "when."

Take care, friend. And as always, may the Sonics' curse on the Blunder live on forever ;)

glenstar

Post by glenstar » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:46 am

Thanks, JAWA. I have always liked discussing Sonics, NBA, and Blunder topis.

DT, You know as well as I do that when the season starts it will be a deluge of metric stats. OKl it is your forum and you can discuss whatever you want to. I do thank you for inviting me to join here. I was on the TImes Forum since 2007.

I may not have the luxury of 2025 for the Sonics or 2022 for the M's. There is more than a little chance that I won't be posting anywhere by then. The M's di not need a total rebuild, I do know a lot about baseball. I have been watching it for a little over 60 years. The GM is a joke when I said something like this on the forum, I was with "what did you think a rebuild would like" We just need to add a few pieces, like a pitching staff. :D

I want an M's WS before I check out. I think a team should have to field a competitive product or be taken off the franchise circuit. I like umpires, right or wrong. It is part of the game. I don't want a computerized ball/strike scenario.

Anyway, best of luck for you guys, also. Take care.

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:51 am

I will miss reading your posts. I agree with most of what you say about sabermetrics, although I do feel there is a place for them, just not the end all be all that the M's now believe it is. I also agree that a total rebuild was not necessary. I believe that they should have signed some quality veterans to lay a foundation for winning this team will need as the kids come up.

We all believe that we will either live forever or die soon...reality usually falls somewhere short of the former and longer than the latter.

Be well

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:28 pm

I'm assuming there will be a separate sub-forum for the NHL team once their name is announced.

Anyway, i wish you all the best Glenstar. As i recall, you are one of the contributors to the ST forums that made it a more worthwhile place to spend time at over the years. Thank you for that and let's hope we are all around when the Sonics return to our fair city.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:23 am

glenstar, I have enjoyed your contributions and interactions for years. You feel like an old, dear friend.
Take care, brother.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!