Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:33 am
you lost me
likewise
dt

auroraave

Re: Another ridiculous thievery of a team

Post by auroraave » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:10 pm

How is this thievery?

Bud Adams, the team's owner since 1960, moved them when he could not get a stadium deal. His daughter is now the owner. The same family has owned them since 1960 when they came into the league. This makes no sense at all. The Sonics were thugged, the Oilers were not. You're big on creating these sensational thread titles - when the actual truth is far from this. Kinda like main stream media - literally just making shit up. Bizarre. Again - how exactly is this thievery? I'd like an explanation on that. Did the owner not have the right to move his franchise? I have Oilers swag in my collection - one of the best logos and color schemes in the NFL at the time. I still remember that Bills game - was watching it with my dad at Claire's Pantry in Edmonds.

You may not like the move, but it is in no thievery. That's ridiculous. The Sonics move was thievery. Baffling to me why you make these kinds of sensational threads. Do you not actually know the history of the Oilers? Please explain how it was thievery - and please be specific. The franchise wasn't sold under the auspices the franchise would remain in Houston - and then abruptly relocated. You do know this, right? Same owners for 60 years.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:03 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:10 pm
How is this thievery?

Bud Adams, the team's owner since 1960, moved them when he could not get a stadium deal. His daughter is now the owner. The same family has owned them since 1960 when they came into the league. This makes no sense at all. The Sonics were thugged, the Oilers were not. You're big on creating these sensational thread titles - when the actual truth is far from this. Kinda like main stream media - literally just making shit up. Bizarre. Again - how exactly is this thievery? I'd like an explanation on that. Did the owner not have the right to move his franchise? I have Oilers swag in my collection - one of the best logos and color schemes in the NFL at the time. I still remember that Bills game - was watching it with my dad at Claire's Pantry in Edmonds.

You may not like the move, but it is in no thievery. That's ridiculous. The Sonics move was thievery. Baffling to me why you make these kinds of sensational threads. Do you not actually know the history of the Oilers? Please explain how it was thievery - and please be specific. The franchise wasn't sold under the auspices the franchise would remain in Houston - and then abruptly relocated. You do know this, right? Same owners for 60 years.
Jesus, triggered much? LOL I saw the video on Twitter, saw how much the fans loved the team so I posted what I thought was a cool vid. The team was stolen from those fans, everyone of whom would have voted to fund a new stadium. Adams saw a better deal and skipped town just like every other team that moved.

Who gives a shit that they have the same owners. Would you have been fine with the Hawks moving to So Cal because they had the same owner? I am sure all those Oiler fans were just fine with it because the Adams family were still the owners. :roll: :roll: :roll: Don't worry little Johnny, your team is moving away forever but you can still root for Bud Adams to make money at his new stadium almost 1000 miles away. How idiotic.

Sorry I didn't conduct exhaustive research into the history of the Oilers and I never said it was the EXACT situation as the Sonics. WTF is wrong with you lately.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:21 pm

I was a Sonic fan. I wish they were in Seattle...who owns them matters far less to me than their location. Back then I imagine Oiler fans felt the same.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:45 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:10 pm
How is this thievery?

So Jeff, do you feel good about yourself after that post? Fuck you very much. Stay down in CA. You fit in well.
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:24 pm

I wonder where they are going to move the Dunder and when?