Opinions?

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Opinions?

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:48 pm

At Climate Pledge Arena, rooftop solar panels account for most if not all energy needs
Whoever wrote that is a liar. It would take a lot more than a few solar panels on the roof to power a building that size, especially in Seattle this time of year. I believe they are purchasing energy credits or whatever from a solar array plant and it's all about appearances because solar is not environmentally friendly. And neither is Jeff Bozos.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:35 am

that is from the arena, think it was simplified in that article. Its not like they have it hooked to City Light and are buying energy credits. Seems to me its solar powered. Being environmentally friendly is relative, there is no way to create energy and not have an impact.
1. Carbon Zero
Create the first International Living Future Institute certified zero carbon arena in the world.

No fossil fuel consumption in the arena for daily use: mechanical systems, gas combustion engines, heating, dehumidification, and cooking – all converted to electric.
Solar Panels on the Alaska Airlines Atrium and 1st Ave Garage combined with off-site supplementary renewable energy for 100% renewable energy power.
Reducing all carbon emission activities and offsetting all those we can not – like transportation – by purchasing credible carbon offsets.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:00 am

Sure, Jeff Bezos' private jet(s) probably puts as much CO2 in the atmosphere as all the cars in Seattle. But he pays for carbon offsets which create anti-CO2 molecules. :lol:

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:22 am

yup, if Bezos pays to have a mangrove swamp in Indonesia restored then i guess he is creating anti co2 molecules

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:24 pm

I'm glad he's found something to do in between sending dick pics to chix and using Dems in congress to help him steal the Washington football team from its current owner.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:14 am

Could shoot him to the moon