Latest from the Sodo Arena Team

JAWA

Re: Latest from the Sodo Arena Team

Post by JAWA » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:48 am

Everyone here knows that the Key is the city's pride and joy even though nothing has been done to mitigate the traffic and parking situation in the LQA. Like dt said a while back, the Key could be sitting on a vat of nuclear waste and the city will still go along with it. But again, light rail to the SC in about twenty years! And since we all know how fast things go here, it'll definitely be MUCH longer than that. Hopefully the drones will be ready between now and then :shock:

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:59 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:50 am
D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:30 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:02 am
just going with the side of the bread he thinks the butter is on...probably thinks it be kind of dumb for an arena to be sitting on Lenny Wilkens Way on QA hill and the Sonics playing in Sodo
I don't think it has anything to do with the arena location. Ann wants the Sonics back and She devil does not.
come on...course it is about the battle of arenas. You don't think Lenny wants the Sonics back? Seriously? He is lined up with the powers behind the City Center and I am confident he is perfectly confident they can deliver
Well he just endorsed someone that will probably lose so.....
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:01 am

JAWA wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:48 am
Everyone here knows that the Key is the city's pride and joy even though nothing has been done to mitigate the traffic and parking situation in the LQA. Like dt said a while back, the Key could be sitting on a vat of nuclear waste and the city will still go along with it. But again, light rail to the SC in about twenty years! And since we all know how fast things go here, it'll definitely be MUCH longer than that. Hopefully the drones will be ready between now and then :shock:
Speaking of taking longer. My nude swan dive was supposed to happen in just 11 months. lol The site still looks like Fred Flintstones work place.
dt

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:04 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:01 am
Speaking of taking longer. My nude swan dive was supposed to happen in just 11 months. lol The site still looks like Fred Flintstones work place.
:lol: ;)

Just remember, it's going to be a "brand new arena." Don't you dare call it a "renovation" even though it is EXACTLY what it is! :shock:

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:19 am

we shall see...So CASE is supporting Juarz, so she got the Amazon money, interesting, Times endorsed Sattler...think a Sattler win would be considered an upset...and really a continued move to the left, anti business. There are other issues than the basketball team.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:09 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:19 am
we shall see...So CASE is supporting Juarz, so she got the Amazon money, interesting, Times endorsed Sattler...think a Sattler win would be considered an upset...and really a continued move to the left, anti business. There are other issues than the basketball team.
Yep they want to keep the homeless disaster going as well. I actually went to Ann's website and read her ideas about homelessness ideas. She actually had some viable solutions as opposed to business as usual that the current council embraces. Oh I take that back they want to get rid of the Navigating team because the horrible evil police are a part of it.

If Juarez wins Seattle is even more f-d up than I thought.
dt

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:26 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:09 pm
Ugh: https://projects.seattletimes.com/2019/ ... /#KeyRaces

Still early but not looking good for Ann.

At least Sawant is losing.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:06 am

JAWA wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:26 am
D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:09 pm
Ugh: https://projects.seattletimes.com/2019/ ... /#KeyRaces

Still early but not looking good for Ann.

At least Sawant is losing.
Bummer but good news with the $30 car tabs and affirmative action aka reverse racism being shot down. And as you mentioned awesome that we never have to hear from Sawant again. They are already celebrating in the Emerald city!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPIdRJlzERo
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:36 am

back to arenas...this is a year old, but it does seem to layout the issues. Its going to be expansion over relocation, and he is saying 2025 at the soonest to coincide with a new broadcast contract. And he gets into the issues over City Center, nobody is going to give a shit about traffic, but the multi purpose aspect to it could be a problem. Be ironic, that the same issues that killed the Key pretty much kill the new one, income streams. On the other hand, I am not the one to say Leiweke doesn't know what he is doing...
The company that is redoing KeyArena, the Los Angeles-based Oak View Group, has plans for the NBA. The company is a powerhouse run by Tim Leiweke, who is one of the most experienced arena developers in the world, and Irving Azoff, the famed music manager. It's backed by Jim Dolan, owner of the New York Knicks and the Madison Square Garden Company.

Leiweke, a former longtime top executive at AEG, has been a part of 18 arena construction projects in his career from Berlin to Shanghai to Staples Center in Los Angeles. He said this is perhaps the most complex project he's been a part of, putting it next to AEG's renovation of the Millennium Dome in London, another project where the roof had to stay intact as it became the O2 Arena.

When it's done, though, Leiweke said it will be ready to house an NBA team despite the challenges and the demands of a hockey team and perhaps more than 100 concerts dates per year.

"I've been a member of the NBA and NHL family for more than 40 years. I clearly understand the expectations and minimum standards that getting an NBA team to Seattle is going to demand," said Leiweke, who is also is the former CEO of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, which owns the Toronto Raptors and Maple Leafs.

"From revenue to premium seat options and all of the other critical aspects. I understand what they want from a fan experience and game production standpoint. All of that knowledge and experience has been baked into what we're doing. We know what we have to do."
its like a moving target, by the time the ducks are in a row, the concept of a NBA arena will have changed, that was how I felt about the Key...
"The Warriors' privately-financed new arena set to open next year in San Francisco is a game changer, it will open a fountain of new revenue that will make other big markets jealous."
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/248 ... eattle-nba

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:00 am

DAMMIT: https://twitter.com/ChrisDaniels5/statu ... 2174955520
D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:06 am
Bummer but good news with the $30 car tabs and affirmative action aka reverse racism being shot down. And as you mentioned awesome that we never have to hear from Sawant again. They are already celebrating in the Emerald city!
I think you spoke too soon, friend. Seattle is indeed more fucked up than we could ever imagine. I'm hoping Orion can hold onto his lead but it appears history will repeat itself when Sawant was down but surged to win years ago :x