Ice Cube stills wants the Clips to move here!

JAWA

Ice Cube stills wants the Clips to move here!

Post by JAWA » Thu May 02, 2019 1:25 am

https://twitter.com/ricardomcqueen2/sta ... 5376399362

I know the chances of that happening is akin to Coward winning the presidency next year but Cube does make some good points. The Clips will never really own LA, they have to win some championships to catch up with their inner-city rivals. Hell, they need to win ONE first! :lol:

D-train

Re: Ice Cube stills wants the Clips to move here!

Post by D-train » Thu May 02, 2019 3:20 am

Hey brother. How do you like the new forums. Ask and you shall receive! :)
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu May 02, 2019 3:42 am

I would much rather have the city be awarded an expansion franchise. That would be as close to an admission that the NBA screwed Seattle and it's fan base as anything they might do. The Clippers and Chargers need to return to San Diego where they belong, and leave that festering sore that is LA.

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Thu May 02, 2019 3:55 am

Sibelius wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:42 am
I would much rather have the city be awarded an expansion franchise. That would be as close to an admission that the NBA screwed Seattle and it's fan base as anything they might do. The Clippers and Chargers need to return to San Diego where they belong, and leave that festering sore that is LA.
After what happened here, the NBA has made it damn near impossible to relocate any team, even though some teams are struggling in their current markets (ahem New Orleans). Expansion is probably the only way the Sonics ever come back, but have no fear. According to Hagshaw and the OVG apologists, 2025 seems to be the year of the Return of the Green and Gold! :roll:

Sooner than 2025, please. After all, OVG has those "connections" with the league so get to it, fellas! Chop chop!

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Thu May 02, 2019 4:03 am

D-train wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:20 am
The new forums are great! Thanks again, friend ;)

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 02, 2019 4:08 am

JAWA wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:55 am
Sibelius wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:42 am
After what happened here, the NBA has made it damn near impossible to relocate any team, even though some teams are struggling in their current markets (ahem New Orleans). Expansion is probably the only way the Sonics ever come back, but have no fear. According to Hagshaw and the OVG apologists, 2025 seems to be the year of the Return of the Green and Gold! :roll:

Sooner than 2025, please. After all, OVG has those "connections" with the league so get to it, fellas! Chop chop!
2025, 17 years after they left at the earliest. I guess that is quicker than the viaduct being replaced. Took 18 years after the 2001 Earthquake when it was declared unsafe. :roll:
dt

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Thu May 02, 2019 4:20 am

D-train wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:08 am
2025, 17 years after they left at the earliest. I guess that is quicker than the viaduct being replaced. Took 18 years after the 2001 Earthquake when it was declared unsafe.
I wonder how No-Nuts Nickels feels about all this? If you ask him about it via social media, he'll block you. Even blocked Aaron Levine as well.

He fell for the BS the NBA fed him in order to let Fat Boy out of the Key's lease early. I think if we had a Kevin Johnson-type mayor (without the allegations against him, of course), I do believe he would have stood firm on holding Bennett and his Okie cronies to the terms of the lease. Which might have prompted those fools to sell since they were hemorrhaging money here. What might have been had Nickels not caved in, sigh...

By the way, although we haven't had any Okie trolls since the Sonics relocation fiasco, there is one who still comes around, which is usually right around when the NBA season starts. That's our "dear friend from Norman, 'GoStorm!'" so I just thought I'd let ya know about this particular idiot in case he does venture onto here and continue his trolling BS. As of right now, he's hiding behind his mommy's skirt, unable to face the music after yet another first round exit for the Blunder. Oh well, what else would we expect from a cowardly, sackless loser such as him?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu May 02, 2019 3:26 pm

Wasn't there a guy named Norm that always wanted Jake Locker's backup to play? Then Locker got hurt and he got his wish and it was 0 and 12? I can't even remember the backups name, but he made Jake Browning look like John Elway! Both scrambling and throwing.

glenstar

Post by glenstar » Thu May 02, 2019 4:22 pm

JAWA wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:03 am
D-train wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:20 am
The new forums are great! Thanks again, friend ;)
I agree this is great.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 02, 2019 5:09 pm

Welcome Glenstar to sports forum Utopia! :)
dt