A-Roid buying the Timberwolves

ddraig

Re: A-Roid buying the Timberwolves

Post by ddraig » Sat May 15, 2021 6:54 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:28 pm
WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:45 pm
My dislike of the NBA differs from the "right wing Mariner forum" views. To me, NBA players embracing 'Black Lives Matter', speaking out against racisim in their communities, and not just "shutting up and dribble" has nothing to do with it. I can't stand the state of the game. It's spread out the floor and either get to the rim or it's chuck 3's. Mostly it's chucking 3's. You might see a high screen/pick and roll, but there isn't offense anymore. Hardly any high/low interaction, moving without the basketball -- just rotate the ball around until someone chucks a 3. Teams don't take pride in defense either, not a lot anyway. It's definitely not the style of basketball that I fell in love with as a kid.

The lack of enforcement of traveling and carrying the ball also frustrates me, but I think that's probably been going on since the 80's. All that being said - I'd love for the Supes to be back and be able to take my boys to watch the Green and Gold. Bring em' back.
Right wing. :lol:

Yeah nothing wrong with inciting violence on a police officer who likely saved the life of an unarmed black girl by shooting a black girl trying to stab her after criticizing a Spurs exec. for supporting Hong Kong against China because he was worried that if he didn't kiss the ass of a country with massive human rights violations he might lose a few dollars. Dude is an epic POS just them most in that league that mindlessly fall in line.

https://www.outkick.com/lebron-tweet-deleted/

And yeah I am not good with embracing a racist, communist, terrorist org founded by a woman who bought four houses with donations and now lives in a community that is 99% white. Brilliant name though. That way they can just call any of their critics racists that don't care about black lives. What a joke. :roll:
Still can't figure out why "All Lives Matter" is racist. What about the Chinese and Japanese? Nope. Unimportant. Indigenous Peoples? Not colored enough. Asian Indians? Aren't they Caucasian? Latinos? Not now that they outnumber Blacks in our country. Muslims? Maybe, but only if they are black, not Middle Eastern. I can go on, but then I've been called "racist" even though I have known far more people of color than those who call me "racist." Many of my friends have told me I don't need to stay in a hotel while in their country. I am to stay at their home. I'm rather proud of that!

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 15, 2021 11:12 pm

I get the All Lives matter refrain but the most offensive issue with Black lives matter is the fact that assumes that White people literally do not think that Black live matter and have to be told that Black lives matter. Its beyond insulting, disgusting and ridiculous.
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:59 pm

Any organization made distinct by "color" has a racist element in it.... If you want to eliminate racism, eliminate the distinction. We don't have a "white" history month or a "white" caucus in Congress or a "white" college. Why?