List of horrific Sonics Big men

57reasons

Re: List of horrific Sonics Big men

Post by 57reasons » Mon May 31, 2021 4:33 pm

funny thing was, i wanted Polynice. team back then desperately needed rebounding and inside toughness, so he seemed like a good cure, didnt know he would never develop even the least trace of offensive skill. and pre-internet of course i knew nothing back then about Pippen. i still think Pippen was a tad overrated, but yeah, that trade dwarfs all the other Wally Walker missteps, most prominently shipping Kemp for Vin Baker.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 31, 2021 8:29 pm

57reasons wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 4:33 pm
funny thing was, i wanted Polynice. team back then desperately needed rebounding and inside toughness, so he seemed like a good cure, didnt know he would never develop even the least trace of offensive skill. and pre-internet of course i knew nothing back then about Pippen. i still think Pippen was a tad overrated, but yeah, that trade dwarfs all the other Wally Walker missteps, most prominently shipping Kemp for Vin Baker.
Wally Walker. Terrible player, terrible announcer, terrible GM. What a Wally.
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:01 am

D-train wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 12:14 pm
57reasons wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 5:30 am
D-train wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:55 am
Rich King
Calvin Booth
Johan Petro
Robert Smith
Mohammed Sene
Jim McIlvaine
Tommy Burleson

Good God. And FIVE of those guys were first round picks!!! :( :( :roll: :roll: :roll: :o :o :o
and you didnt even mention Olden Polynice, whom we got in trade for Scottie Pippen.
Good one! Did Pippen turn out to be a pretty good player? :( :( :( I imagine the Finals vs. the Bulls might have gone differently if he was on our team.
It would have gone differently if George Karl had coached to win and put GP on Jordan from the get-go.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:03 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 8:29 pm
57reasons wrote:
Wasn't Rick Sund the GM some of those years?

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:27 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:03 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 8:29 pm
57reasons wrote:
Wasn't Rick Sund the GM some of those years?
Yeah I think Wally got promoted to President? That guy deserved a promotion about as much as Kamala does right now.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:17 pm

McIlwane is mine, but it isn't his fault. That signing would have been just finr, if it hadn't pissed Kemp off.

Anyone watch the special Reign Man and the Glove? They both talk about how they fucked up, and should have stayed. Kemp even says he TOLD the organization to go get McIllwane. Just didn't like that they paid that much.

Having the Glove not guard MJ isn't what cost this organization a Championship. Not having an answer for Mt Mutumbo is.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:49 am

57reasons wrote:
The Kemp-Baker trade wasn't a bad one, Kemp was already checking himself out. What was bad was what preceded it, the insane contract given to Jim McIlvaine.

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:18 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:49 am
57reasons wrote:
The Kemp-Baker trade wasn't a bad one, Kemp was already checking himself out. What was bad was what preceded it, the insane contract given to Jim McIlvaine.
Kemp could have had 4-5 more kids here

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:26 pm

Sad that our most successful big men for about a decade were Jerome James and Danny Fortson :lol: :lol:

You guys remember Reggie Evans trying to shoot a free throw?

Yet one of the teams these guys were on went 52-30.