10/12/21 Kraken first ever game thread vs. Vegas Golden Showers

Sexymarinersfan

Re: 10/12/21 Kraken first ever game thread vs. Vegas Golden Showers

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:52 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:54 pm
Btw my bad first impression had ZERO to do with the Kraken.

Its just the sport itself. Like soccer even the best players aren't able to consistently maintain possession of the puck/ball if challenged in the slightest.

There are a few plays were everything is well orchestrated and work like clockwork with clean passes and ultimately goals but for the most part it just seems so random with the puck ricocheting everywhere and somehow sneaking into the goal a few times a game.

The final goal was the capper. I had no idea that was legal and frankly makes a mockery of the sport to win or lose like that.
5 years ago there's no way that wouldbe been a goal. Now, as long as your skate doesn't leave the ice, and there's not a direct kicking motion, 9 times out of 10 they're gonna call it a "clean goal". It sucks, but i would've expected it to be called in our favor had it been on the other shoe.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:28 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:52 pm
D-train wrote:

Its just the sport itself. Like soccer even the best players aren't able to consistently maintain possession of the puck/ball if challenged in the slightest.

There are a few plays were everything is well orchestrated and work like clockwork with clean passes and ultimately goals but for the most part it just seems so random with the puck ricocheting everywhere and somehow sneaking into the goal a few times a game.

The final goal was the capper. I had no idea that was legal and frankly makes a mockery of the sport to win or lose like that.
5 years ago there's no way that wouldbe been a goal. Now, as long as your skate doesn't leave the ice, and there's not a direct kicking motion, 9 times out of 10 they're gonna call it a "clean goal". It sucks, but i would've expected it to be called in our favor had it been on the other shoe.
Yeah, not saying it was a bad call but its an absurd rule.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:40 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:28 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:52 pm
D-train wrote:

Yeah, not saying it was a bad call but its an absurd rule.
Agree with you 110%!!

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:40 pm

I don't think Grubauer played a particularly good game, it seemed like he overcommitted a couple times on Vegas goals. Also, two Vegas shots hit iron where there was net exposed so he almost gave up six goals. Hopefully he is that good and not just a product of Colorado's defense, great stats or not.
Last edited by DavidGee24 on Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:47 pm

That was pretty cool when we almost scored in the first minute. That might have changed everything. I can actually watch more of the upcoming games given they are in my zone. Or at least Central.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:47 pm

It’s funny, before the game I had almost zero emotional connection to the team but all it takes is one questionable call and I’m all up in arms. LOL Life as a sport fan.
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:50 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:47 pm
That was pretty cool when we almost scored in the first minute. That might have changed everything. I can actually watch more of the upcoming games given they are in my zone. Or at least Central.
I forgot who that was, but he had the top half of the net wide open at point blank range and overshot. Damn, how awesome that would have been.

And definitely you'll be getting some favorable game times. Considering that the opponents aren't as good as Vegas we should get some Ws on this trip. Man, I hate the thought of us going into the home opener 0-5 or even 1-4.