10/12/21 Kraken first ever game thread vs. Vegas Golden Showers

DavidGee24

10/12/21 Kraken first ever game thread vs. Vegas Golden Showers

Post by DavidGee24 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:50 pm

At this point the Kraken should have their own Forum even though there probably won't be much activity.

Tonight is the grand opening at T-Mobile Arena in Vegas. I was just there two weekends ago, nice arena just across the freeway from the Raiders' new stadium. I'd love to go to the game, but it's on a weeknight and Golden Shower tickets are expensive. It'll be a lot cheaper to see them play the Anaheim Sucks and Los Angeles Burger Kings in SoCal.

Vegas is the class of the division so don't expect victory tonight unless our big-time goalie Grubauer has a huge game, which is always possible.

A lot of the NHL talking heads have the Kraken either just making or just missing the playoffs. One ESPN writer has the Kraken winning the division. Sounds a lot better than what they probably wrote in '76 and '77.

D-train

Re: 10/12/21 Kraken first ever game thread vs. Vegas Golden Showers

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 pm

Good suggestion. I will have Jason cut the Sonics from the Forum Title. Nobody cares about the NBA anymore.
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:18 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 pm
Good suggestion. I will have Jason cut the Sonics from the Forum Title. Nobody cares about the NBA anymore.
And how can we? It's not just that we got screwed, we wouldn't recognize the game. The league is so loaded with good long-range shooters that the game itself suffers because a lot of them are boring three-point shooting contests. Even the seven-footers hit over 40 percent on threes. Not to mention that the Face Of The League is unlikable

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:38 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:18 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 pm
And how can we? It's not just that we got screwed, we wouldn't recognize the game. The league is so loaded with good long-range shooters that the game itself suffers because a lot of them are boring three-point shooting contests. Even the seven-footers hit over 40 percent on threes. Not to mention that the Face Of The League is unlikable
Yeah, like I have said I always laugh when people get excited about Bring back OUR Sonics like its going to be Hot Tub time machine and it will be back to the 1980s and 90s NBA and the X Man, Chambers, Ellis, Payton, Kemp and Detlef will all be on the roster.
dt

acctingman

Post by acctingman » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:40 am

I thought this golie was supposed to be good? He sucks

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:08 am

acctingman wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:40 am
I thought this golie was supposed to be good? He sucks
He is good. Building a team is a process. The Knights are one of the fastest teams in the League, probably Top 5. In all fairness they were some easy shots that Grubauer needs to clean up. We'll be fine as the season goes along.
Last edited by Sexymarinersfan on Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:10 am

Not a huge hockey fan but I’m watching ESPN on the telly and now that the SK’s have scored twice to make it interesting I’m excited.
Funny Direct TV commercial just now…..
Anyway, texting one of my sons who’s a big fan and he’s nursing my fledgling noviceness along.
Go KRAKEN!
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:14 am

This a team that is searching for its identity and looking to gel. Those should be their top priorities right now. Not "worrying" about beating every team right out of the gates. If you're expecting that this season then I can assure you'll be severely disappointed.

I jumped out if my chair when Ryan Donato scored the first goal!! Morgan Greekie is probably my favorite player on the team as of right now. He's got the brightest future i think.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:26 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:14 am
This a team that is searching for its identity and looking to gel. Those should be their top priorities right now. Not "worrying" about beating every team right out of the gates. If you're expecting that this season then I can assure you'll be severely disappointed.

I jumped out if my chair when Ryan Donato scored the first goal!! Morgan Greekie is probably my favorite player on the team as of right now. He's got the brightest future i think.
Not expecting wins but glad it won’t be a shutout. Who knows, but they’ll get a few W’s this year.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:29 am

3-3 Morgan Geekie Baby!!!!!!!! LET'S GOOOOOOO!!!!!!