11/6/21 Kraken vs Coyotes game thread

rockycola

Re: 11/6/21 Kraken vs Coyotes game thread

Post by rockycola » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:43 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:45 am
Expect this and more for a fledgling, expansion team. Sheesh almighty, ya idgits.
You mean expect them to struggle like the Golden Knights did a couple years ago in their inaugural season? Oh wait...
OUTLIER
One of the few expansion franchises to experience immediate success, the Golden Knights have qualified for the Stanley Cup playoffs in all four of their seasons and reached the Stanley Cup Finals in their first. Their 13 playoff wins en route to the 2018 Stanley Cup Finals are the most for a team during their inaugural postseason run.
OUTLIER
~
.....but would love for history to repeat itself in the Kraken.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:48 pm

rockycola wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:43 pm
Expect this and more for a fledgling, expansion team. Sheesh almighty, ya idgits.
You mean expect them to struggle like the Golden Knights did a couple years ago in their inaugural season? Oh wait...
OUTLIER
One of the few expansion franchises to experience immediate success, the Golden Knights have qualified for the Stanley Cup playoffs in all four of their seasons and reached the Stanley Cup Finals in their first. Their 13 playoff wins en route to the 2018 Stanley Cup Finals are the most for a team during their inaugural postseason run.
OUTLIER
~
Funny the M's were the best after 12 games up then took 15 seasons to even be .500.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:00 pm

rockycola wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:43 pm
OUTLIER
OUTLIER
~
The media pundits that i heard or read seemed to think the Kraken should be a playoff team prior to the expansion draft. I think the NHL doesn't allow teams to protect as many players relative to roster size as other leagues so it is easier to assemble a talented roster right off the bat for an expansion team.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:41 pm

Yep I heard it was not as ideal as when the Knights came on the season but still FAR better than other sports. I just don't have any emotional connection to the team or sport so I am more focused on what Sham Wow Jerry is saying to ruin my day.
dt