Kraklen vs Red Twinks game thread

Sibelius Hindemith

Kraklen vs Red Twinks game thread

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:09 pm

Chris Driedger goes to injured reserve after making two good starts.

DavidGee24

Re: Kraklen vs Red Twinks game thread

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:44 am

And Grubauer crapping the bed again. The second goal was vintage Gru where the puck hits his upper body and inexplicably crawls over him and into the goal. We haven't scored a goal like that this season but Gru has given up several like that. It's like his padding is curved wrong. We're just lucky that horrible goal he gave up in the first period was called back on an offside violation.

With Eberle, Schwartz and Giordano out it's going to be hard to win this one even at 3-2 right now.

And Dunn's game-tier bangs off the crossbar. Dead Wings gutlessly depending on dumb luck and shitty goaltending.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:54 am

And Donato ties it up after a sweet move by Oleksiak! Great pass by Murderface.

Going to our first shootout. Total disadvantage for us but let's see how it goes, hopefully we can get that second point.

Yep, no surprise there. Statistically 33 percent of shootout shots beat the goalie and Gru let three out of four get past him, with one hitting the pipe. Our only goal by Donskoi was dumb luck. By the way, that's the first puck he's put into the goal this season.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:44 pm

Does this team look like they are improving? Where do you guys see the games? I stumbled onto one on Amazon but it was already 6-0 so I turned that shit off.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:04 pm

auroraave wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:44 pm
Does this team look like they are improving? Where do you guys see the games? I stumbled onto one on Amazon but it was already 6-0 so I turned that shit off.
They have been. They'd lost six straight, were in last place, and then they won four out of five with three of those victories coming against the league's best teams. These guys can win if Grubauer and Driedger play the way they have throughout their careers, but for the most part they haven't.

I'd be shocked if we win even one OT/shootout game this season because we don't have the skill players to do it. That shootout was awful. Donato, McCann and Donskoi all skated right up to the goalie and tried to pull a Barry Sanders. Their goalie just took the puck away from the first two but then I think he swiped the third one off his own nut sac and it trickled in. Meanwhile, their shooters just sauntered up and from 10-15 feet away ripped lasers past Grubauer.

You can watch the games on ESPN+. It costs about ten bucks a month and you'd only miss games that are broadcast on other networks like TNT (which would be a rarity) or within local blackout rules. In our case, that would be games against the two SoCal teams.