Kraken vs Sucks opening night game thread

DavidGee24

Kraken vs Sucks opening night game thread

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:20 pm

In a few hours I'm going to be inside the Honda Center watching the beginning of year 2.

No question this team will be significantly better than in year 1. A year's experience together, Tanev and Schwartz back on the ice, the additions of Burakovsky and Bjorkstrand, Beniers is the real deal, and Grubauer hopefully will pull his head out of his ass. Not sure if we have a good squad of defensemen but at least we won't be scoring 2.6 goals per game again.

As for my former favorite team the Sucks (aka the Ducks when they're playing against other teams), they're probably a so-so team so we should be able to win this one, and then hopefully tomorrow night's game in L.A. against the Burger Kings (which I wish I could also go to). Going into the home opener against the Golden Showers 2-0 would be huge. Even 1-1 would have the fans excited.

DavidGee24

Re: Kraken vs Sucks opening night game thread

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:10 am

Fucking Grubauer. Kraken dominate the game outshooting the Sucks 48-27 but Gru not only gives up five goals but three of them were easy saves that he somehow deflected into his own goal, including the game-loser in OT. The team played a great game and deserved to win but Gru pulled a Robbie Ray out there. Apparently last season wasn't a fluke.

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:11 am

Yeah it was a tough loss. I like Jones, I think he can help but we definitely need some help in goal.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:14 pm

How did they think it was a good idea to go into this season with that clown as the #1 option at goalie?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:58 pm

Grubauer was dead last in save % among qualified goalies in the 2020-2021 season and he's still the #1 goalie for an NHL team! How can any Kraken fan believe they are trying to win games this season? Don't know what the talking mule is thinking.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/stats/player/_ ... t/dir/desc

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:33 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:14 pm
How did they think it was a good idea to go into this season with that clown as the #1 option at goalie?
Sunken cost. He's already paid and they figure they have to give him the chance to bounce back. Which he can, I mean even if he had better defensive help when he was with the Gravelanche he put up some great numbers. It's just baffling and I never would have thought goalies fell apart like he has.