Opening night Kraken vs Golden Showers

DavidGee24

Opening night Kraken vs Golden Showers

Post by DavidGee24 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:29 pm

This off-season the team basically revamped its 4th line which had been highly successful and still looks good, made Daccord the backup goalie, gets Burakovsky back, and that's it. Top prospects Wright and Evans will start the season in the minors which is concerning about Wright who was supposed to be the best player in last year's draft.

Otherwise, we're returning a good team and we should have another good season with what should be a strong free-agent market after the season.

Let's go out there and knock those Golden Showers down, fart on their heads, and ruin their celebration.

XpertDBA

Re: Opening night Kraken vs Golden Showers

Post by XpertDBA » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:34 pm

I'm REALLY glad they got rid of Soucy as he was worthless and took too many stupid penalties.

What I am really concerned about are two players: Oleksiak and Grubauer

Oleksiak is slow and extremely turnover prone. They should have traded him and I'm hold out hope they get rid of him as soon as they possibly can.
Grubauer is a less than mediocre goalie, that lets in WAYYYYYYYY too many easy shots. I hope they make the change to Daccord sooner rather than later. Joey is incredible with his stick and his passing to start fast breaks the other direction.

I think this new 4th line is going to be a lot less effective than last years, so we need even more from the top 3 lines.

maoling

Post by maoling » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:28 am

Comcast today canceled ROOT Sports, effective immediately and without notice, for customers three hours before the match -- unless they upgrade to a premium package that costs almost $1000 more a year.

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:46 am

This game is on ESPN, not root... But...

The fact that Root can't keep their channel on Comcast for a reasonable price or on Dish at all tells me Root is the problem. Based on the Mariners amazing profits they should be able to make better deals with Dish/Comcast.

They're now officially worse than Pac12 network, who could never figure out a deal with Directv, and of course they blamed Directv.

I wish they would just stream Root as a stand-alone subscription through Amazon or something. Or, I wish Fubo wasn't horrible.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:03 am

Well, they lost 4-1. Outshot them 33-27 but no faceoff and no power play, even on a five-minute match penalty after they cheap-shotted Turbo. Once it became apparent we were going to lose there should have been retaliation per the unwritten rules of the game.