Good for Biden

SpokaneCoug

Re: Good for Biden

Post by SpokaneCoug » Tue May 25, 2021 8:54 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:35 pm
WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:28 pm
Or "Mission Accomplished" -- that was a good one.

Fuck, we're doomed.
Yeah, that was quite the quote.

I didn't have sex with that woman was another whopper.
or
But I never inhaled.
or
We need to pass the bill, then we'll find out what's in it.
or
It will not federally fund abortion
The ole "is a BJ sex" debate is classic. Thank you Bill. I bet America is split down the middle on that one too. 100% of women say yes, 100% of men say no. :lol:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue May 25, 2021 8:56 pm

WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 7:46 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 7:03 pm
I guess I don't see how this is good. If Trump said things during the election that he then decided he wouldn't follow through with, how many would say "good for Trump"? I think it is Bullshit. Is it a stupid idea? Probably, but why didn't his dumb ass realize it was stupid when he was using it to get votes?
He said Mexico would pay for the wall --- people tended to be OK with that when it was obvious that they weren't. He also said he'd repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act.

Campaign promises have been made and ditched by every President - I guess the point here is that Biden flipped to probably the better side on that issue. Not sure how you can just eliminate student debt - doesn't make sense.
Really? Because I read people talking shit about his "Mexico will pay for the wall" comment for four years. Just because everyone has lied during a campaign doesn't mean I have to accept it, and it doesn't mean it always has to be that way. They guy lied to get votes, end of story.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue May 25, 2021 8:57 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:30 pm
Michael K. wrote:
I guess I don't see how this is good. If Trump said things during the election that he then decided he wouldn't follow through with, how many would say "good for Trump"? I think it is Bullshit. Is it a stupid idea? Probably, but why didn't his dumb ass realize it was stupid when he was using it to get votes?
Yeah good point but if he is going to flip, at least he is flipping my way.
Like I said, it was a stupid idea, but one that got him votes. There are just a lot of stupid voters out there.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue May 25, 2021 9:00 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:56 pm
WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 7:46 pm
Michael K. wrote:
He said Mexico would pay for the wall --- people tended to be OK with that when it was obvious that they weren't. He also said he'd repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act.

Campaign promises have been made and ditched by every President - I guess the point here is that Biden flipped to probably the better side on that issue. Not sure how you can just eliminate student debt - doesn't make sense.
Really? Because I read people talking shit about his "Mexico will pay for the wall" comment for four years. Just because everyone has lied during a campaign doesn't mean I have to accept it, and it doesn't mean it always has to be that way. They guy lied to get votes, end of story.
Just re read that, and sorry, I am not trying to make this a "look what they did to Trump" issue. More along the lines of how ridiculous our country has become that we now have to be happy that the President lied on his campaign because the lie he told to win votes was actually flat out ridiculous....but many idiots voted for him because of it.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 25, 2021 9:14 pm

WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:32 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:29 pm
WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:40 pm
It is crazy how expensive college is these days. When I was at Wazzu, it was ~$8K/year. There were even t-shirts that said "WSU - the 5 year party with a $40K cover charge". Now it's ~$22K/year over there - almost 3x.

We've been saving for our boys since they were born, but if it's ~$80K each to go to school ---- they better keep swinging their golf clubs and bats to get some money as well.

I don't agree with the approach to wipe out student debt either, but maybe there is a way to make college a little more affordable.
Of course nobody EVER questions the cost of Tuition. Its just the Student Loans' fault. How dare dare someone like former Harvard profecessor Liz WARREN call out the the institution that butters her bread, she just demands that tax payers that worked all their lives pay for liberal arts educations for Libs.
Was the plan to only forgive student debt to liberal art education? Or would someone receive the same forgiveness if they went to one of the Jesus Freaks schools like Liberty or BYU?
Were you trying to offend me? I am a Karma believing atheist for the most part.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 25, 2021 9:16 pm

WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
D-train wrote:
WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:40 pm
It is crazy how expensive college is these days. When I was at Wazzu, it was ~$8K/year. There were even t-shirts that said "WSU - the 5 year party with a $40K cover charge". Now it's ~$22K/year over there - almost 3x.

We've been saving for our boys since they were born, but if it's ~$80K each to go to school ---- they better keep swinging their golf clubs and bats to get some money as well.

I don't agree with the approach to wipe out student debt either, but maybe there is a way to make college a little more affordable.
Of course nobody EVER questions the cost of Tuition. Its just the Student Loans' fault. How dare dare someone like former Harvard profecessor Liz WARREN call out the the institution that butters her bread, she just demands that tax payers that worked all their lives pay for liberal arts educations for Libs.
Was the plan to only forgive student debt to liberal art education? Or would someone receive the same forgiveness if they went to one of the Jesus Freaks schools like Liberty or BYU?
See its the liberal arts freaks that can't get jobs that pay well enough to pay their loans back so they cry like bitches. The normal people that get good degrees and have a sense of personal responsibility pay the loans back and get on with life.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 25, 2021 9:25 pm

WoodinvilleCoug wrote:

Fuck, we're doomed.

or
But I never inhaled.
or
or
You can keep your doctor.........
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 25, 2021 9:28 pm

WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:54 pm
WoodinvilleCoug wrote:

Fuck, we're doomed.

or
But I never inhaled.
or
or
The ole "is a BJ sex" debate is classic. Thank you Bill. I bet America is split down the middle on that one too. 100% of women say yes, 100% of men say no. :lol:
Outside voice: I did not have sex with that woman
Inside voice: She had sex with me!

Voted for him twice. Hated the George and Bob Dole was death.
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue May 25, 2021 9:59 pm

In reality, I don't care that he got a hummer from Monica. Hell, I doubt Shrillery was willing to do "anything".

It didn't even bother me that he did it in the oval office. I wouldn't mind a BJ while I was at work (and I have a home office as well). That is what the White House is to the President, a home office.

What did bother me was he coming on TV and blatantly lying about it.

And in my opinion, any exchange between two people that would end in an orgasm (by either or both) would be sex (including hand jobs, blow jobs, boob jobs, or any other type of jobs you have.....dry humps, golden showers, S&M, or just plane old fucking and sucking are all just sex).

But what two adults do with their own time, is up to them.

SpokaneCoug

Post by SpokaneCoug » Tue May 25, 2021 10:26 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:14 pm
WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
D-train wrote:

Were you trying to offend me? I am a Karma believing atheist for the most part.
I've known you too long to try and offend you. :D We believe in the same thing - spiritually.

I paid for my school by myself - was 41 when I finally paid off my student loans.