OT: The Politics of Sports

D-train

Re: OT: The Politics of Sports

Post by D-train » Fri May 28, 2021 1:57 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 1:45 pm
WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 3:45 am
I wonder how you guys would feel if Kyle Seager or Bryce Harper took a knee during the National Anthem to protest the election. If they kneeled to show support that Trump is the rightful President. I bet most of you wouldn't think they were disrespecting the flag or the military then.
I wouldn't give a shit if they took a knee. Everyone can take a knee during the National Anthem. The thing that gets me is the way Kap slouched on the bench with the RBF look on his face. It's obvious to me that he was in the middle of the biggest pout known to man.

Stand
Kneel
Take a knee
Just doesn't matter as long as you are being respectful.
Exactly how I feel. Fine with kneeling or raising a fist like they did in the 68 Olympics just don't sit on your ass or walk off the court like Scissor sisters on the Storm do.
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri May 28, 2021 2:07 pm

Seeing how we didn't play into Cougs narrative, I'm assume he is done with this line of questioning.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Fri May 28, 2021 2:09 pm

WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 3:45 am
I wonder how you guys would feel if Kyle Seager or Bryce Harper took a knee during the National Anthem to protest the election. If they kneeled to show support that Trump is the rightful President. I bet most of you wouldn't think they were disrespecting the flag or the military then.
They moved the Indy 500 to your brain....That’s how many laps Trump is taking for free Lol

SpokaneCoug

Post by SpokaneCoug » Fri May 28, 2021 4:09 pm

I've always been amazed at the backlash of people kneeling/fist in the air/sitting/whatever at the anthem. Especially when at games, the fans are taking a piss, getting a beer, walking around, yelling, etc. The players are expected to do "x", but the fans who are the ones that get all pissy about this topic are doing "y".

I couldn't care less what anybody does (players or fans) when the anthem is playing - it's not a measure of patriotism imo.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri May 28, 2021 4:27 pm

WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 4:09 pm
I've always been amazed at the backlash of people kneeling/fist in the air/sitting/whatever at the anthem. Especially when at games, the fans are taking a piss, getting a beer, walking around, yelling, etc. The players are expected to do "x", but the fans who are the ones that get all pissy about this topic are doing "y".

I couldn't care less what anybody does (players or fans) when the anthem is playing - it's not a measure of patriotism imo.
It all comes down to "Who is working at these events and what their employers are expecting".

Even you have to admit that any of these players can have a "soapbox" moment at their press conference after the game if they so choose. The idea that they choose to do it during the National Anthem says a lot about them.

SpokaneCoug

Post by SpokaneCoug » Fri May 28, 2021 4:38 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 4:27 pm
WoodinvilleCoug wrote:

It all comes down to "Who is working at these events and what their employers are expecting".

Even you have to admit that any of these players can have a "soapbox" moment at their press conference after the game if they so choose. The idea that they choose to do it during the National Anthem says a lot about them.
I don't disagree with that at all, but the backlash is coming from the same people who are stuffing their face with nachos and yelling "SEAHAWKS" during the anthem. It's a little hypocritical, but that's the norm these days.

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri May 28, 2021 4:43 pm

WoodinvilleCoug wrote:

"Coach"

You're exactly what's wrong with this country. Such a juicy cunt.

SpokaneCoug

Post by SpokaneCoug » Fri May 28, 2021 4:45 pm

bpj wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 4:43 pm
WoodinvilleCoug wrote:

"Coach"

And again you start with the name calling. Deadbeat Dad at it again. Actually, it's you what's wrong with this country. An interet tough guy, dead beat Dad. Enjoy your day fatty - maybe it's your weekend with the kids? For their sake, I hope not.

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri May 28, 2021 4:47 pm

WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 4:45 pm
bpj wrote:
WoodinvilleCoug wrote:

"Coach"

And again you start with the name calling. Deadbeat Dad at it again. Actually, it's you what's wrong with this country. An interet tough guy, dead beat Dad. Enjoy your day fatty - maybe it's your weekend with the kids? For their sake, I hope not.

Enjoy everyone else's kids boylover. Maybe you can teach your players to kneel?

As if you haven't been trying that all along anyways...

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri May 28, 2021 4:54 pm

bpj wrote:
WoodinvilleCoug wrote:

"Coach"

Dude, that was out of line.