Free Speech

Mel Bradford

Free Speech

Post by Mel Bradford » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:25 am

https://abc13.com/alex-jones-trial-sand ... /12102432/

This is where the US....already is. Jones fined 42 million for what he said....causing mental anguish to some parents.

Bil522

Re: Free Speech

Post by Bil522 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:12 am

Mel Bradford wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:25 am
https://abc13.com/alex-jones-trial-sand ... /12102432/

This is where the US....already is. Jones fined 42 million for what he said....causing mental anguish to some parents.
He did a lot of disgraceful things including causing mental anguish. Telling everyone it is faked when it is not, flat out lying about kids still being alive, and trying to bully anyone that disagreed with him. Geez, he was down right liberal about it.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:45 pm

Jones stated that Sandy Hook was a 'government conspiracy'. Looks like all the stars aligned to shut him up. The article noted that his corp net worth is 270 mil,,,apparently justifying the 42 mil punitive settlement.

But at face value he was fined for speaking his mind.
How do you quantify and qualify "anguish" ? All the settlement does is satisfy a political interest. The parents were used and are being used as unapproachable victims dripping with public sympathy. All it took was a jury to bath in the same emotion and then exercise the civil hammer.

None of which disproves Jones theory.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:25 am

Mel Bradford wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:45 pm
Jones stated that Sandy Hook was a 'government conspiracy'. Looks like all the stars aligned to shut him up. The article noted that his corp net worth is 270 mil,,,apparently justifying the 42 mil punitive settlement.

But at face value he was fined for speaking his mind.
How do you quantify and qualify "anguish" ? All the settlement does is satisfy a political interest. The parents were used and are being used as unapproachable victims dripping with public sympathy. All it took was a jury to bath in the same emotion and then exercise the civil hammer.

None of which disproves Jones theory.
The theory that Sandy Hook was a government conspiracy?

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:20 pm

I don't know. But what I do know is raw police footage on the day of the shooting (Aerial surveillance) was a search through the woods behind the school for multiple suspects. That left the new cycle as soon a Lanzas mug appeared.

I'm not even sure of the extend the extent of Jones remarks over time. Or their application. But it all added up to a punitive settlement which points toward ' Prior restraint' , which is the first Amendment on its head.

gil

Post by gil » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:06 pm

1. Alex Jones has apologized and said that the Sandy Hook shootings were real, not staged. https://abc7chicago.com/sandy-hook-elem ... /12095812/

2. As I understand it, the cases against Jones are for defamation that led to harassment and threats. "Heslin and Lewis both said they fear for their lives and have been confronted by strangers at home and on the street. Heslin said his home and car have been shot at. The jury heard a death threat sent via telephone message to another Sandy Hook family." https://abc7chicago.com/sandy-hook-elem ... /12095812/

I'm an agnostic, but I can imagine praying to the God of the Old Testament that Alex Jones would suffer for eternity as much as he has put these poor families through.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:14 pm

gil wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:06 pm
1. Alex Jones has apologized and said that the Sandy Hook shootings were real, not staged. https://abc7chicago.com/sandy-hook-elem ... /12095812/

2. As I understand it, the cases against Jones are for defamation that led to harassment and threats. "Heslin and Lewis both said they fear for their lives and have been confronted by strangers at home and on the street. Heslin said his home and car have been shot at. The jury heard a death threat sent via telephone message to another Sandy Hook family." https://abc7chicago.com/sandy-hook-elem ... /12095812/

I'm an agnostic, but I can imagine praying to the God of the Old Testament that Alex Jones would suffer for eternity as much as he has put these poor families through.
Honestly:
Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, AOC, Shiff, and others are putting more people through much worse than Jones did!!!

Can we sue them? Not Biden because of Presidential Immunity, that is a little something the left has forgotten about with these Jan 6 trials.

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:33 am

Well Gil, that's just another way of saying you hate his guts (Alex Jones). Fair enough. Its common these days.

As a Christian, praying to God to punish someone, is not the faith. Revenge or vengeance is reserved for God. Romans 12

The case against Jones is not legal, its civil. Culpability is subjective. IOW, guilt by consensus....not by law.

Jones didn't put the families through anything. The plaintiffs bar (lawyers) merely portrayed it as such to extract money.

You can't see the obvious because you're blind by circumstance. Its common these days.

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:19 am

Mel Bradford wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:20 pm
I don't know. But what I do know is raw police footage on the day of the shooting (Aerial surveillance) was a search through the woods behind the school for multiple suspects. That left the new cycle as soon a Lanzas mug appeared.

I'm not even sure of the extend the extent of Jones remarks over time. Or their application. But it all added up to a punitive settlement which points toward ' Prior restraint' , which is the first Amendment on its head.
Mel,

I know Sandy Hook is real because I know one of the students who was shot at. He was saved by a heroic teacher who grabbed him through a hail of bullets and brought him into her room to hide. In large shootings like this, multiple shooters are always the default of the arriving police. The news listens to the police scanners and can hear that the police are looking for other shooters so they report that. The reason why multiple shooters was dismissed so soon, was because the survivors were quickly interviewed by police and they all said there was only one shooter. Subsequent ballistic evidence proved that all of the shots came from Lanza's gun.

Alex Jones problem is the same as BLM and Antifaa have....their followers are a taco short of a combo plate. You wind up some nitwit with rhetoric they desperately want to believe and then turn them loose on the general public. The BLM and Antifaa supporters went after politicians whereas Jones followers went after poor parents that had a kid die. Both were wrong but one was directed at sympathetic parents with a dead kid while the other was directed at Republicans and Coservatives politicans. Both sides wrong Both sides should pay.....but we all know that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:45 pm

THere are legal limits to "Free Speech." They are called Libel and Slander. They are both hard to prove, but today, anyone who feels "offended" can take someone to court and win. The lunatics are running the asylum, bit we all let them do it.