Congrats to new Speaker Johnson!

D-train

Re: Congrats to new Speaker Johnson!

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:41 pm

This is all good but starting at the 1:20 mark is awesome. Zero doubt in my mind they found the best person in the House for the job:
dt

gil

Post by gil » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:48 pm

Democrats are not the only party that has to deal with their radical fringe. Speaker Johnson being criticized from the right:

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:31 pm

gil wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:48 pm
Democrats are not the only party that has to deal with their radical fringe. Speaker Johnson being criticized from the right:
Saw that. Yeah Walsh is a bit of a tool. That interview was right after George Floyd.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:35 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:31 pm
gil wrote:
Saw that. Yeah Walsh is a bit of a tool. That interview was right after George Floyd.
I wonder if Speaker Johnson would now defend those comments, or would he walk them back? Or say that he was caught up in the moment?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:57 pm

gil wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:35 pm
D-train wrote:
gil wrote:
I wonder if Speaker Johnson would now defend those comments, or would he walk them back? Or say that he was caught up in the moment?
Why would be step back his comments. True is true.

I honestly believe that white people have an easier time than black people.....why?
Because black people are have a culture that I don't agree with. They are more likely to have multiple children with multiple women. They are more likely to be uneducated and still fight for their opinion as though it's fact (even with violence). And they, as a culture, are more likely to be involved in crime (even though Obama forced the FBI to stop keeping track of that fact).

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:03 pm

If they keep embracing And obsessing on victimhood they will always have a tougher time.
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:51 pm

Yep!

Just like the "native americans" (I am one) who keep claiming the land they live on.

Well the fact of the matter is that they wared to get that land from other tribes and/or peoples.

Sorry, but get with the program!!! If you are not going to help with the solution, stop being part of the problem.

gil

Post by gil » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:59 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:57 pm
gil wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:35 pm
D-train wrote:

Why would be step back his comments. True is true.

I honestly believe that white people have an easier time than black people.....why?
Because black people are have a culture that I don't agree with. They are more likely to have multiple children with multiple women. They are more likely to be uneducated and still fight for their opinion as though it's fact (even with violence). And they, as a culture, are more likely to be involved in crime (even though Obama forced the FBI to stop keeping track of that fact).
I'm not going to disagree with what you said (about culture). But that was not Johnson's point. He was talking about his two 14 year old (at the time) sons, one white and one black. They are in the same household, so he wasn't talking about cultural differences. He was just talking about society treats them as individuals.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:24 pm

I'm sure this will radically change the course of government. I can already feel all of our freedoms coming back! :lol:

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:35 am

Yeah this guy sounds like a mamby pamby equivocating milquetoast compared to Jim Jordan.