But Diversity!

D-train

But Diversity!

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:31 pm

I am sure all the Academic white liberal elites were raising champagne glasses and patting themselves on the back for embracing and appointing the first black woman Harvard Pres. How that work out for ya? :lol: :lol: :lol: Dat's a shame.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/harvar ... -0-large-0
dt

DanielVogelbach

Re: But Diversity!

Post by DanielVogelbach » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:17 pm

Pointing out that someone is the first black XYZ only furthers racism. It’s the same thing with black history month. Focusing on race increases racism. Focusing on race is divisive. Fast forward 5,000 years. Are we still celebrating black history month???

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:20 pm

Shortest tenure as President in Haavaad's history. And if they had done proper vetting instead of checking boxes, she would have never received the job. My only question is if she is still teaching there. And if she was, and I was one of her students, I'd copy all sorts of info to see if she would catch it and if she'd down grade me!

"Pointing out that someone is the first black XYZ only furthers racism. It’s the same thing with black history month. Focusing on race increases racism. Focusing on race is divisive. Fast forward 5,000 years. Are we still celebrating black history month???"

Preaching to the choir. But I'm focusing on the plagiarism. That should have been caught when she applied. If it was, then it was a diversity hire. If it wasn't, then Haavaad has a different problem.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:28 pm

ddraig wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:20 pm
Shortest tenure as President in Haavaad's history. And if they had done proper vetting instead of checking boxes, she would have never received the job. My only question is if she is still teaching there. And if she was, and I was one of her students, I'd copy all sorts of info to see if she would catch it and if she'd down grade me!

"Pointing out that someone is the first black XYZ only furthers racism. It’s the same thing with black history month. Focusing on race increases racism. Focusing on race is divisive. Fast forward 5,000 years. Are we still celebrating black history month???"

Preaching to the choir. But I'm focusing on the plagiarism. That should have been caught when she applied. If it was, then it was a diversity hire. If it wasn't, then Haavaad has a different problem.
Doing the some Due Diligence that they should would have done for a White man would have been RACIST!

fyi Presidents of Universities don't teach. You think Harvard with their $50 Billion+ Endowment needs her to pull double duty??? lol
dt

douche

Post by douche » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:18 pm

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:17 pm
Pointing out that someone is the first black XYZ only furthers racism. It’s the same thing with black history month. Focusing on race increases racism. Focusing on race is divisive. Fast forward 5,000 years. Are we still celebrating black history month???
100%. Society (and the media) continues to keep race, creed, etc. at the fore. And all that does is magnify it.

I've said this before, but racism is NEVER going away. We won't let it.

gil

Post by gil » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:11 pm

This is something I don't get: If her plagiarism was so blatant, why wan't it brought up before this? I mean, what I have read about her lack of citations is bad enough that it would get an undergraduate bounced, if caught doing the same thing.

If there was no record of plagiarism accusations when she applied for the Harvard presidency, I suspect a search committee would not have gone looking for it. The logic would be, as far as I know, that academic work (publication in scholarly journals, but not books) goes through double-blind review. Reviewers and editors of her work could possibly have detected plagiarism. Therefore, the vetting process by a search committee would implicitly assume that publications in academic journals had already been vetted.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:09 pm

Yet she still has a $1,000,000,000 position as a professor. Talk about a Golden Parachute!

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:42 pm

This is an Epic response! love it!
dt

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:09 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:42 pm
This is an Epic response! love it!
I've had my eye on Vivek for about 6 months now. He really comes across as a straight shooter to me. I listened in on a long-interview style podcast and I don't agree 100% with him I have yet to find someone I agree 100% with. But, Unfortunately the human twinkie Chris Christie is grabbing 12% vs 6% for the Gov. of Florida, and Vivek was only at 5%. Trump was 44% and 30% was Nicky Haley.

maoling

Post by maoling » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:06 am

I've had my eye on Vivek for about 6 months now. He really comes across as a straight shooter to me. I listened in on a long-interview style podcast and I don't agree 100% with him I have yet to find someone I agree 100% with. But, Unfortunately the human twinkie Chris Christie is grabbing 12% vs 6% for the Gov. of Florida, and Vivek was only at 5%. Trump was 44% and 30% was Nicky Haley.

I liked Vivek at the outset, but less so now. He seems a little too slick and glib, like he has all the answers all the time. Great speaker though, brilliant obviously, but I think another four or eight years of seasoning and wisdom would make him pretty formidable, more of a heavyweight contender.

Can't stand Christie. DeSantis does nothing for me. I like Nikki, especially if this coordinated attack on the frontrunner Trump manages to knock him out. Pretty amazing though. This Piece of Shit Biden has weaponized every available branch of federal and cooperative state governments prosecutors and lower court judges to not only keep him off the ballot, but to imprison him and make him single-handedly responsible for the biggest nothing Jan 6 conflated propaganda in American History.

And Biden has done this, despite suppressing decades of his own family grift, greed, corruption and I believe treason. And cloaking himself as a unifier. No president has ever more repulsed me, not Nixon, not Bush Sr., not Clinton or his nasty wife, no one.

I say pretty amazing in the sense that Trump still persists and leads polls. I have no idea how the Dems will be stealing this election. Every time I think they can't go any lower, they do. And I have voted left or middle for most of my adult life. Not with this clown car ever again.