Kristi Noem and her Dog Story

D-train

Kristi Noem and her Dog Story

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:21 pm

I have to admit when I first heard about this I endured some pretty severe cognitive dissonance given I am the biggest dog lover on the planet and a Huge fan of Noem's but I think this was an amazing response to the criticism.
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: Kristi Noem and her Dog Story

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:51 pm

I like Kristi!!

Very practical woman.

gil

Post by gil » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:21 pm
I have to admit when I first heard about this I endured some pretty severe cognitive dissonance given I am the biggest dog lover on the planet and a Huge fan of Noem's but I think this was an amazing response to the criticism.
I agree it is a very good response.

I grew up in a rural area but not on a farm or around farms. I later lived in a rented farmhouse, and learned from a sort of similar situation. I had two dogs I loved to death (and had owned before I moved to the farm house). One afternoon upon arriving home I found my neighbor/farmer parked in my driveway, sitting on the tailgate of his truck. In the bed was a young hog, dead and bloody. My neighbor told me very nicely that he didn't shoot my dogs ...this one time. He also told me that when dogs get a taste for young hog, they will be back for more. It was difficult in more ways than one, but I found people in town to adopt and love my dogs.

I probably see the world as full of tradeoffs, and I don't think Gov. Noem is expressing any of that. But I think my neighbor did, and I'm eternally grateful to him for that. RIP Farmer D.
Last edited by gil on Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:51 pm
I like Kristi!!

Very practical woman.
And more importantly HOT AF! :lol:
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Wed May 01, 2024 3:52 pm

Seems a strange emotion to "hate" a dog. Hating the dog gives it an emotionally charged feeling vs something she legitimately had to do.

Why kill the thing? Call someone to come get it... train the fkn thing... anything but making a psychotic decision to kill a 1-year-old dog.

The story made even weirder that she also chose to shoot a goat in the same gravel pit due to hating it too...

gil

Post by gil » Wed May 01, 2024 4:30 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 3:52 pm
Seems a strange emotion to "hate" a dog. Hating the dog gives it an emotionally charged feeling vs something she legitimately had to do.

Why kill the thing? Call someone to come get it... train the fkn thing... anything but making a psychotic decision to kill a 1-year-old dog.

The story made even weirder that she also chose to shoot a goat in the same gravel pit due to hating it too...
Good point.

After I posted in this thread earlier, I had drinks with a friend I consider pretty far left. I brought up Noem and expected that she would be very critical. No.

It turns out she grew up on a farm in Iowa, and although she now has pets (two dogs and two cats) she knows from her upbringing that "farm people" (her term) look at animals in a utilitarian way. Growing up, her dogs were useful if they barked when someone drove into the yard or when the cattle were wandering in the vegetable garden. But she said her dad wouldn't stop a tractor or a combine if a dog were in the way, and when he drove his truck into the yard, it was the dog's business be sleeping somewhere else.

And she said this was all matter of fact. Indifference. Her dad wouldn't have bragged about it in a book.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed May 01, 2024 6:49 pm

gil wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:30 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:

Good point.

After I posted in this thread earlier, I had drinks with a friend I consider pretty far left. I brought up Noem and expected that she would be very critical. No.

It turns out she grew up on a farm in Iowa, and although she now has pets (two dogs and two cats) she knows from her upbringing that "farm people" (her term) look at animals in a utilitarian way. Growing up, her dogs were useful if they barked when someone drove into the yard or when the cattle were wandering in the vegetable garden. But she said her dad wouldn't stop a tractor or a combine if a dog were in the way, and when he drove his truck into the yard, it was the dog's business be sleeping somewhere else.

And she said this was all matter of fact. Indifference. Her dad wouldn't have bragged about it in a book.
That is exactly the way 'farming people' see animals.... a little less than cows, horses and other livestock. Livestock makes them money, and the family dog (unless it's a working animal) is for enjoyment.

Kind of the way I see all animals......but for me it includes humans.

gil

Post by gil » Wed May 01, 2024 7:00 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:49 pm
gil wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:30 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:

Good point.

That is exactly the way 'farming people' see animals.... a little less than cows, horses and other livestock. Livestock makes them money, and the family dog (unless it's a working animal) is for enjoyment.

Kind of the way I see all animals......but for me it includes humans.
... For enjoyment? :lol:

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Wed May 08, 2024 3:44 pm

It appears Conservative media have decided to cast Noem aside. Every show she's appearing on to do damage control, the hosts are grilling her. Even happened on NewsMax.

Probably not good to put a VP candidate on the ticket that is most known for killing her puppy and showing no remorse.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 13, 2024 5:46 pm

Yep, it is all over but the crying for Noem in Politics. What a blunder to put that in the book.
dt