Post by Mel Bradford » Mon May 06, 2024 2:33 am

False teaching

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: Trump wants a bloodbath!

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon May 06, 2024 1:38 pm

bpj wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 9:37 pm
Yeah. I wonder where it all comes from.
Kind of funny that options 1 & 2 are just Male and Famale.

The rest reference.....characteristics.
:lol:

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Wed May 08, 2024 4:02 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 4:10 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:23 am
D-train wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:01 pm

You all good with this fucking nonsense pal? Culture Wars right. No big deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuACnZ83YKk
I don't think trans women should be able to compete in female sports.

I also think it's a topic of conversation that is blown way out proportion and given way more attention than it's due, like Gil is saying. I think there are far more pressing issues than the happenings of female swimming competitions.
So who draws the line in the sand and decides what is and isn't important? You.
Will that line in the sand be consistent, or move as the wind blows (and by wind, I mean people threatening you to meet their agenda).

Every week there is another story out there about a "biological male" competing in women's sports, and destroying the women in the process. For fucks sake, It has to end.

It has nothing to do with female swimming, it has to do with all female sports.
Idk...

Perhaps a 13 year old girl in Mississippi feeling forced to have a baby after being raped because she couldn't afford a trip to the nearest legal abortion clinic in Chicago and vague laws that put herself and doctors at risk for prison time is a tad more important than a trans woman winning at sport.

But hey, what do I know?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed May 08, 2024 5:06 pm

Dude, you're unhinged.....again.

How can anyone possibly compare abortion to transgenders playing in female sports.
Next lets compare masturbation to the space program.
:roll:

As for my view on abortion....I don't believe it should be used as a "form of birth control", but I am in support of it. So please don't rail on me about it.

But I do believe abortion should be up to the states. Whether Title 9 is a state issue or federal issue can be discussed....and what about ADA, can that be a state issue as well?

gil

Post by gil » Wed May 08, 2024 5:23 pm

I don't think Seattle or Bust was comparing the abortion to transgender men in women's sports, but rather comparing the attention given to the two. Honestly, even with my diet of liberal media, I can't recall a story I have seen recently of biological males competing with women or girls. Of course I have read about the swimmer from Penn (Lia Thomas).

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed May 08, 2024 5:30 pm

gil wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 5:23 pm
I don't think Seattle or Bust was comparing the abortion to transgender men in women's sports, but rather comparing the attention given to the two. Honestly, even with my diet of liberal media, I can't recall a story I have seen recently of biological males competing with women or girls. Of course I have read about the swimmer from Penn (Lia Thomas).
I know what SB was trying to do. He was trying to prioritize the issues....but that is what he considers a priority, not others.

As for the media, just last week there was a trans-male competing in a track competition. Won by seconds.

Title 9 needs to be protected or get rid of all gender-defined sports:
They can go with Varsity and Jr. Varsity.

Men compete in Varsity and everyone else competes in Jr. Varsity? I find this to demean women and women's sports. No, I don't watch very many female sports, but they must be protected nonetheless.

Shit man, even the Williams 'tennis' women say that in their prime they would most likely lose to the 150th rated male.

Or consider this......
Labron James in a few more years decides that he is done with the NBA because he has gotten older, slowed down and gained anther 20 pounds and just can't keep up. But he wants to keep playing.......so he decides to identify as a woman for a few years and play in the WNBA.
Will this happen, no, but it's possible.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed May 08, 2024 5:33 pm

Just a few days ago, I saw that a professional female dart thrower refused to compete against a biological male.

I (personally) find this to be absurd. What benefit does a male have over a female with dart throwing?
-Longer arm reach?-
Or was she just making point?

In general, men are:
Faster than women
Stronger than women
Larger than women

And for the most part, this is what's important in sports.....just ask Steven Hawking. ;)

gil

Post by gil » Wed May 08, 2024 5:58 pm

I hadn't seen anything about the dart thrower. I guess I live in a bubble.

You are right about averages and also the measurables at the elite level (i.e., elite men vs elite women).

Again, I don't notice the issue much. I hear people complaining about it more than I actually hear about instances. I certainly don't think it's fair to have a male just decide "I think I'll say I'm a woman" and compete in women's sports, but I don't think it is quite so simple. Also, I doubt that Title 9 was created to protect transgender individuals. :!:

Lia Thomas did not compete as a woman until she had undergone a lot of hormone therapy. According the wikipedia article on Lia Thomas, "she" started those treatments 3 years before she won the event as a woman - and competed as a man for a year after starting. Also according the the article, the NCAA has hormone therapy requirements a transgender woman must meet in order compete. But Lia Thomas can't compete in the 2024 Paris Olympics because the International Swimming Federation bars transgender women who went through puberty as a male. Her performance as a female (i.e, after hormone therapy) was significantly worse than her performance as a male was - again proving your point about hormones and gender differences. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lia_Thomas

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed May 08, 2024 7:03 pm

So, if Lia was 21 years old when she won the championship and only started treatment 3 years prior.....

She would have started treatment at 18.....think of the testosterone that HE already had to develop muscles, reflexes, greater lung capacity, etc...

And Wiki can be changed, don't take it as gospel.

I could start to post all the articles I see, but won't. Some of the highlights....

High school volleyball girl put in the hospital by transgender male spiking the ball.
Numerous marathons.
Numerous bicycle races.
Track, high school and professional.
Darts....LOL
Swimming.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu May 09, 2024 3:50 am

They are tested months before the event anyway, so they don't even have to stay on them leading up to it. The whole trans industry is sick and evil and people that go along with it unquestioningly are either moral cowards or imbeciles.

If Lia already thought he was a woman why did he need hormone blockers? Obviously he is a demented loser who gets off on the attention he garners competing against and beating actual women in athletic competitions.