Uh Oh, Hunter's guilty

douche

Uh Oh, Hunter's guilty

Post by douche » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:02 pm

President Joe Biden's son faces up to 25 years in prison for three charges − lying on a federal screening form about his drug use, lying to a gun dealer and possessing the gun − although first-time, nonviolent offenders typically get shorter sentences.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hunte ... r-BB1o1HUo

gil

Re: Uh Oh, Hunter's guilty

Post by gil » Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:13 pm

"Regardless of the result, I urge all Americans to respect the verdict and the legal process. At this dangerously divided moment in our history, all leaders—regardless of party—must not pour fuel on the fire with more toxic partisanship. We must reaffirm what has made this nation great: the rule of law."

- Former Maryland Governor Larry Hogan

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:31 pm

gil wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:13 pm
"Regardless of the result, I urge all Americans to respect the verdict and the legal process. At this dangerously divided moment in our history, all leaders—regardless of party—must not pour fuel on the fire with more toxic partisanship. We must reaffirm what has made this nation great: the rule of law."

- Former Maryland Governor Larry Hogan
LOL he was convicted in his Father's state of Residence. One of the most liberal states in the land. Why would anyone question or not respect this verdict. It was an open and shut case based on very clear indisputable violations. This would be like Trump being convicted in Mississippi or Oklahoma.
The political climate in Wilmington, DE is strongly liberal.

New Castle County, DE is very liberal. In New Castle County, DE 67.8% of the people voted Democrat in the last presidential election, 30.7% voted for the Republican Party, and the remaining 1.5% voted Independent.
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:46 pm

He'll get probation for 24 months with ZERO community service.
This is something the dims and Joe can accept and control.

gil

Post by gil » Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:42 pm

1. Hunter Biden is a convicted felon. No sentencing decision, no matter how much of a hand slap, can remove that stain.

2. The jury that decided the case (any case) is seated only after individual jurors are reviewed and questioned by both the prosecution and defense. I think that means that "extreme" positions such as "I'm out to get the defendant and this is my chance to do it" or "this is a partisan witch hunt and the defendant is innocent no matter what is presented at trial" are not represented on the jury.

3. I hold out the vague hope that a good percentage of the population, hopefully a majority (and hopefully a huge majority), can be "fair and impartial" when tasked with one of the most important citizen's roles in our country.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:20 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:42 pm
1. Hunter Biden is a convicted felon. No sentencing decision, no matter how much of a hand slap, can remove that stain.

2. The jury that decided the case (any case) is seated only after individual jurors are reviewed and questioned by both the prosecution and defense. I think that means that "extreme" positions such as "I'm out to get the defendant and this is my chance to do it" or "this is a partisan witch hunt and the defendant is innocent no matter what is presented at trial" are not represented on the jury.

3. I hold out the vague hope that a good percentage of the population, hopefully a majority (and hopefully a huge majority), can be "fair and impartial" when tasked with one of the most important citizen's roles in our country.
Sure, good for them. They did their job unlike the NYC jurors.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:10 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:20 pm
gil wrote:

I understand that you don't like the verdict, but do you agree with my point #2 above? (i.e., that the defense in Trump's trial had the opportunity to question prospective jurors and object to anyone showing bias)

For the recored, I thought the felony charges against Trump were pretty shaky (based on the legal theory he was charged under) and I predict he will prevail in an appeal. But that is not the same thing as the jury being biased or unfair.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:16 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:10 pm
D-train wrote:
gil wrote:

I understand that you don't like the verdict, but do you agree with my point #2 above? (i.e., that the defense in Trump's trial had the opportunity to question prospective jurors and object to anyone showing bias)

For the recored, I thought the felony charges against Trump were pretty shaky (based on the legal theory he was charged under) and I predict he will prevail in an appeal. But that is not the same thing as the jury being biased or unfair.
If you have 100 jurors in the pool and 85 are liberals and 15 are conservative and you eliminate the 15 that are complete Trump haters and the 15 that are pro trump then what are you left with. That's right 70 liberals to choose from.

Even the left knows Hunter is a scum bag so they are going to convict him of his blatant crimes.
dt

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:22 pm

After the HB plea deal went to shirt, the judge could not ignore and a trial was inevitable. Then the objective was to complete and get off the front pages asap....which has been accomplished.
The 'pay to play' international scheme under Sen Joe and VP Joe wont see the light of day till after the election. And then maybe never.

gil

Post by gil » Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:05 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:16 pm
gil wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:10 pm
D-train wrote:

If you have 100 jurors in the pool and 85 are liberals and 15 are conservative and you eliminate the 15 that are complete Trump haters and the 15 that are pro trump then what are you left with. That's right 70 liberals to choose from.

Even the left knows Hunter is a scum bag so they are going to convict him of his blatant crimes.
Do you discount the possibility that some people (I hope most) can be fair when serving on a jury?