Re: Uh Oh, Hunter's guilty

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:44 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:10 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:20 pm
gil wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:42 pm
1. Hunter Biden is a convicted felon. No sentencing decision, no matter how much of a hand slap, can remove that stain.

2. The jury that decided the case (any case) is seated only after individual jurors are reviewed and questioned by both the prosecution and defense. I think that means that "extreme" positions such as "I'm out to get the defendant and this is my chance to do it" or "this is a partisan witch hunt and the defendant is innocent no matter what is presented at trial" are not represented on the jury.

3. I hold out the vague hope that a good percentage of the population, hopefully a majority (and hopefully a huge majority), can be "fair and impartial" when tasked with one of the most important citizen's roles in our country.
Sure, good for them. They did their job unlike the NYC jurors.
I understand that you don't like the verdict, but do you agree with my point #2 above? (i.e., that the defense in Trump's trial had the opportunity to question prospective jurors and object to anyone showing bias)

For the recored, I thought the felony charges against Trump were pretty shaky (based on the legal theory he was charged under) and I predict he will prevail in an appeal. But that is not the same thing as the jury being biased or unfair.
But that's not what happened. As DT said, they held the hearing in a district that voted against Trump to a huge margin. Trump's team asked for a relocation of the hearing, but the judge and DA refused.

Furthermore, the judge wouldn't allow half of the EXPERT witnesses and told the jury to believe what the DA had to say. Then on top of it, the instructions to the jury were so absurd, no legal expert supported them....basically he told them they had to vote guilty.

douche

Post by douche » Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:47 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:05 pm
Do you discount the possibility that some people (I hope most) can be fair when serving on a jury?
One would like to think that jurors can be fair but, like voting, emotions can get in the way. And they often do.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:25 pm

gil wrote:
D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:16 pm
gil wrote:

I understand that you don't like the verdict, but do you agree with my point #2 above? (i.e., that the defense in Trump's trial had the opportunity to question prospective jurors and object to anyone showing bias)

For the recored, I thought the felony charges against Trump were pretty shaky (based on the legal theory he was charged under) and I predict he will prevail in an appeal. But that is not the same thing as the jury being biased or unfair.
If you have 100 jurors in the pool and 85 are liberals and 15 are conservative and you eliminate the 15 that are complete Trump haters and the 15 that are pro trump then what are you left with. That's right 70 liberals to choose from.

Even the left knows Hunter is a scum bag so they are going to convict him of his blatant crimes.
Do you discount the possibility that some people (I hope most) can be fair when serving on a jury?
Watch MSNBC or the View and report back and let us know if you think they could be fair on a juror. I am sure there are few Biden voters that might be fair but they were eliminated for that jury....obviously

Telling me that not ONE out of 12 saw the lunacy of those charges but they were ALL being fair???
dt

gil

Post by gil » Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:15 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:44 pm
gil wrote:
D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:20 pm

Sure, good for them. They did their job unlike the NYC jurors.

But that's not what happened. As DT said, they held the hearing in a district that voted against Trump to a huge margin. Trump's team asked for a relocation of the hearing, but the judge and DA refused.

Furthermore, the judge wouldn't allow half of the EXPERT witnesses and told the jury to believe what the DA had to say. Then on top of it, the instructions to the jury were so absurd, no legal expert supported them....basically he told them they had to vote guilty.
You raise good points. The verdict can and should be appealed.

gil

Post by gil » Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:19 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:25 pm
gil wrote:
D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:16 pm

If you have 100 jurors in the pool and 85 are liberals and 15 are conservative and you eliminate the 15 that are complete Trump haters and the 15 that are pro trump then what are you left with. That's right 70 liberals to choose from.

Even the left knows Hunter is a scum bag so they are going to convict him of his blatant crimes.
Watch MSNBC or the View and report back and let us know if you think they could be fair on a juror. I am sure there are few Biden voters that might be fair but they were eliminated for that jury....obviously

Telling me that not ONE out of 12 saw the lunacy of those charges but they were ALL being fair???
Honestly I don't feel I have time to watch blatantly biased shows. But these shows don't serve on juries; people do. Are you saying that anyone who watches these is automatically biased against Trump?

"A few Biden voters that might be fair"? Me and who else? :lol:

Why would fair voters be eliminated? Logic? Evidence?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:45 pm

gil wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:19 pm
D-train wrote:
gil wrote:

Honestly I don't feel I have time to watch blatantly biased shows. But these shows don't serve on juries; people do. Are you saying that anyone who watches these is automatically biased against Trump?

I am saying those shows would NOT exist if there weren't millions that love to watch them and eat up that TDS rhetoric...
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:56 pm

gil wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:15 pm
gil wrote:

And the judge and DA should be dis-barred, fined into the poor house and flogged.
What a shit show they are putting on for the rest of the world.

Grandma Lynn

Post by Grandma Lynn » Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:35 pm

Hunter isn't a young stupid
teenager who got into trouble!
He's going to get his hand
slapped and maybe do some
help for homeless people.
No jail, for sure.
Take a good look at his eyes.
He's on something, don't you
think?

gil

Post by gil » Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:11 pm

Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:56 pm
gil wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:15 pm

And the judge and DA should be dis-barred, fined into the poor house and flogged.
What a shit show they are putting on for the rest of the world.
If there was misconduct, they should be sanctioned appropriately. I'm pretty much and Old Testament justice kind of guy, but you might be going to far for even me ... until I see evidence of what you say they did. Until then, I'm content to let the process play out.

gil

Post by gil » Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:13 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:45 pm
gil wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:19 pm
D-train wrote:

I am saying those shows would NOT exist if there weren't millions that love to watch them and eat up that TDS rhetoric...
I don't know what their viewer numbers are, but I doubt that everyone who watches is biased. Just as not everyone who watches FoxNews is a conservative. Some people like to get a range of opinions, including from those with whom they disagree. You must watch to know more about them they I do, correct?