Re: Debate for the Ages Thread

Post by gil » Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:30 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:01 pm
gil wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:27 am
Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:45 am

All the free handouts and social programs is your idea of handling spending and the economy.
The trillions and trillions we are in debt has mostly been by democrats.
USA Today just had an article on this two days ago. It does not appear that democrats have contributed the most to the debt. (If you look at percentage increase, it's been the republicans.)

national debt by president.jpg

https://www.usatoday.com/money/blueprin ... resident/
If I remember right:
Bush Jr. had Hurricane Katrina to deal with. He also had 911 and a war to fund.

Obama created Obama-Care that was backed by the Chinese and a lot of that was deferred to the future.

Trump had Covid that we paid out billions to the American People to not work. I'm sure you can remember, just take the 4 week break and flatten the curve. Then the democrats got involved and it bled into the Biden Administration for 2-3 years. Shit man, even last year the teachers union wanted shutdowns.

Biden had the Green New Deal that costs TRILLIONS. He really didn't spend anything past that because congress shut him down.

As I said, we need a serious discussion on CUTTING SPENDING not how to spend more.

As for the post SoB made that I have been notified of......fuck off. I try not to read your shit any more.
Every president has their excuses as to why they had to spend more than they took in. I agree with you about cutting spending. But my point is that the deficit is not *exclusively* the fault of democratic presidents.

(Side note: I think the only time since I've been alive that there were not deficits were 2 years in the Clinton administration.)

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:32 pm

Funny shit......:
The Biden Whitehouse just locked tariffs on China.
My question, wasn't there already tariffs on China from the Trump Whitehouse? Oh, it's time to go back to the policies that worked before the election.
:lol: :lol:

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:46 pm

Bush Jr was not a conservative or republican, he was old establishment. He never veto'ed a spending bill by the democrats his 8 years in office.
Trump did spend a lot of money, but a great some of that was giving money back to the American People to help with bills and food during Covid.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:19 pm

Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:32 pm
Funny shit......:
The Biden Whitehouse just locked tariffs on China.
My question, wasn't there already tariffs on China from the Trump Whitehouse? Oh, it's time to go back to the policies that worked before the election.
Wanna put money on Biden/Harris/Dems magically 'close the border' right before the election - a last ditch effort to sway voters. It'll be comical - taking credit for solving a problem THEY LITERALLY created - and Harris had 'four years of border czar' duties to fix - but she has done nothing.

Who wants to take that bet? It'll sway the election for sure - but if an idiot like me can telegraph this coming - so can others - especially those if us who are affected by this insane border surge THE DEMS manufactured.

It's funny - when you ask dems to justify open borders - they ALWAYS change the convo to "Orange Man Bad'. Never once has someone said how 15 million illegals is good for the american taxpayers. It's always crickets. Nah, they're worried about road side merch booths selling trump hats.

These are the people that 'get their philosophical marching orders from CNN. The same place that told you you were murdering people if you didn't get vaxxed - because Phizer told them to - they can't grasp 'conflict of interest' or objectivity. You can see it in their posts.

Want to have some fun? There is a great old video of Trump on The View from years ago - all the hags are all over him, it's a total lovefest. You'll find it easily on social media. But google it - it's been scrubbed. In other words, google is suppressing it. Remember - Trump wasn't 'racist' until he got into politics - everyone loved him - it wasn't until the media manufactured the false narratives. Why wasn't he 'racist' when everyone was on the 'your fired" train? NO one cared about "your fired" merch then. Again, these sheep cannot think for themselves - it's whatever the telly tells them to think. Sad. Once you turn off the news, the 'noise' and you see the world in a completely different light. The truths are completely different. I learned that lesson ten years ago and it might be the single greatest lesson I've ever learned - turn it off the news aka the "noise" and you'll find peace and enlightenment. Turn off the noise.

People are actually voting for blatant censorship and open borders that are destroying cities and costing us billions - and they cannot explain a single Trump policy they disagree with. LOL!

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:55 pm

Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:01 pm
gil wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:27 am
Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:45 am

All the free handouts and social programs is your idea of handling spending and the economy.
The trillions and trillions we are in debt has mostly been by democrats.
USA Today just had an article on this two days ago. It does not appear that democrats have contributed the most to the debt. (If you look at percentage increase, it's been the republicans.)

national debt by president.jpg

https://www.usatoday.com/money/blueprin ... resident/
If I remember right:
Bush Jr. had Hurricane Katrina to deal with. He also had 911 and a war to fund.

Obama created Obama-Care that was backed by the Chinese and a lot of that was deferred to the future.

Trump had Covid that we paid out billions to the American People to not work. I'm sure you can remember, just take the 4 week break and flatten the curve. Then the democrats got involved and it bled into the Biden Administration for 2-3 years. Shit man, even last year the teachers union wanted shutdowns.

Biden had the Green New Deal that costs TRILLIONS. He really didn't spend anything past that because congress shut him down.

As I said, we need a serious discussion on CUTTING SPENDING not how to spend more.

As for the post SoB made that I have been notified of......fuck off. I try not to read your shit any more.
I'm sorry that you feel you can post stupid shit like, "stop taxing rich people and they'll lower costs" and think you'll get away with it.

Hey, I saw a Trump sign in Seattle today, but didn't see a single Harris sign!!! WASHINGTON IS GOING TRUMP!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep going, it's pure content.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:16 pm

dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:17 pm

Gotta love headlines like this....

Muir's 'ABC World News Tonight' sees 12% drop in viewers

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:18 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:16 pm
Just another lie for the soft-headed pin-heads that will vote for her.

On this board, you know who you are. 8-)

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:21 pm

The Federal Reserve on Wednesday announced a long-awaited interest rate cut, lowering the benchmark rate by 50 basis points from what was the highest level in 23 years as the central bank eased borrowing costs following progress in the fight against inflation.

So now, after 3.75 years of screwing the economy and it's people, the Democrats decide it's time to make everyone feel good.....
AND DENY ALL THE PAIN FOR THE LAST 3.75 YEARS.

Seriously, why can't some people see this for what it is?
And Gil, if you need someone to explain 'what it is' you have proven my point.

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:36 pm

Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:21 pm
The Federal Reserve on Wednesday announced a long-awaited interest rate cut, lowering the benchmark rate by 50 basis points from what was the highest level in 23 years as the central bank eased borrowing costs following progress in the fight against inflation.

So now, after 3.75 years of screwing the economy and it's people, the Democrats decide it's time to make everyone feel good.....
AND DENY ALL THE PAIN FOR THE LAST 3.75 YEARS.

Seriously, why can't some people see this for what it is?
And Gil, if you need someone to explain 'what it is' you have proven my point.
Same reason gas prices have gone down recently.

They always ease the pressure at election time so people think they're doing a good job because most people can't see past their recency bias.