Seattle or Mayberry?

glenstar

Seattle or Mayberry?

Post by glenstar » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:49 pm

I have seen it all now. We have a major city police department asking permission from street thugs to get back in to their own precinct. Seattle, grow some balls and re-call your mayor. when I moved from Seattle a few hear back, I was so sad, and promised myself that I would move back as soon as I could. Now, I am so thankful that I am not there. Barney Fife must be the police chief in Seattle.

From Fox news this mmorning

"The police department is looking to start negotiations with the leaders of the protest movement to gain access to the police precinct but are unsure of who is leading the demonstrations.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-prot ... -extortion

gil

Re: Seattle or Mayberry?

Post by gil » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:53 pm

glenstar wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:49 pm
I have seen it all now. We have a major city police department asking permission from street thugs to get back in to their own precinct. Seattle, grow some balls and re-call your mayor. when I moved from Seattle a few hear back, I was so sad, and promised myself that I would move back as soon as I could. Now, I am so thankful that I am not there. Barney Fife must be the police chief in Seattle.

"The police department is looking to start negotiations with the leaders of the protest movement to gain access to the police precinct but are unsure of who is leading the demonstrations.

I read in another post that George Soros was in charge of the riots. And the demonstrations. I just sent the Seattle PD his phone number. :? I'll let you know when they thank me ...

In all seriousness, it is AMAZING to see such different coverage of the "Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone" when one reads [1] Fox News and then [2] the Seattle Times. I understand there are differences of opinion. And I understand how different media outlets choose to emphasize some stories over others, or some aspects of a situation over others (although I understand how that could be called media bias). But essentially disagreeing on facts? I'm concerned that out country and society are being torn apart further. Any suggestions, other than "Blame Fox News" or "Blame the Mainstream Media"?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:38 pm

glenstar wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:49 pm

I have watched every episode of Andy Griffith Show at least five time each and assure you that was a FAR better run town than Seattle.
dt

glenstar

Post by glenstar » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:32 pm

I watch it every night for an hour, and grew up watching it, and yes, it was a much better run town. Andy always knew what to do.
SPD should not have abandoned the precinct in the first place.

gil

Post by gil » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:10 pm

glenstar wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:32 pm
I watch it every night for an hour, and grew up watching it, and yes, it was a much better run town. Andy always knew what to do.
I loved the episode where Andy handled Antifa after they took over the jail and released Otis Campbell. We need him in Seattle.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:15 pm

gil wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:10 pm
glenstar wrote:
I loved the episode where Andy handled Antifa after they took over the jail and released Otis Campbell. We need him in Seattle.
My favorite episode was when Gomer Pyle came back from Vietnam with PTSD and Andy tried to drive him out of town to no avail. Oh man, I'll never forget Gomer holding a knife to Barney Fife's throat and growling "DON'T PUSH IT..."

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:48 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:49 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:15 pm
gil wrote:
glenstar wrote:
My favorite episode was when Gomer Pyle came back from Vietnam with PTSD and Andy tried to drive him out of town to no avail. Oh man, I'll never forget Gomer holding a knife to Barney Fife's throat and growling "DON'T PUSH IT..."
:lol:
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:50 pm

gil wrote:
glenstar wrote:
Otis Campbell the Genesis of Antifa! Who knew! :D
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:14 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:48 pm
Former MLBer Aubrey Huff!

https://twitter.com/aubrey_huff/status/ ... 3232677888
"These fuckers are parasites". Love it. Seattle is weak as shit. Did you see the video with the police chief basically apologizing to her staff? She didn't want to abandon the building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7elmhS ... -G5_q_x_AA